What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

pratty

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by pratty » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:56 am

Nin10dofan wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:56 pm
There's a million computer games for sale right now, new ones and there all terrible😕😕😕😕😕
Assuming you are a Nintendo fan you surely have a Switch? The Switch is my only current gen console and I can't keep up with all the great new games on it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Going for a job that has set hour only to find out its actually a zero hour contract one.

Google not helping with finding info about going from a full time job to one that offers 0 hours (but says it has work),

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 am

The stupidity of people
Put a jot lot of broken systems on Facebook marketplace. Make sure to mention that all stuff is broken, in some cases in bits and pick up only.
Get messages like
"Is any of it working"
"Can I have............."
"How much is it with postage?"
The people trying to haggle
Wanting to swap it all for some packs of cigarettes, then trying to get the price down
Recent one somebody just wanting a the PSone without reading that it dont work and that im not posting any of it
And of course people arranging pick up and not

No wonder im not reselling stuff anymore

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:43 am

DPrinny wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 am
The stupidity of people
Put a jot lot of broken systems on Facebook marketplace. Make sure to mention that all stuff is broken, in some cases in bits and pick up only.
Get messages like
"Is any of it working"
Wanting to swap it all for some packs of cigarettes, then trying to get the price down
Recent one somebody just wanting a the PSone without reading that it dont work and that im not posting any of it

I know the pain, even ebay seems to bring the muppets, Facebook seems to be a whole new kind of special though.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 am

Sega2006 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:43 am
DPrinny wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 am
The stupidity of people
Get messages like
"Is any of it working"

I know the pain, even ebay seems to bring the muppets, Facebook seems to be a whole new kind of special though.
Ha ha more farcical pains of farcebook. I gave up on it and sent the account delete request a long while ago.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Not getting the job due to lack of photo ID
They said they will hold the position open for a few weeks while I get one.
hope getting a provisional driving license dont take to long

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 am

DPrinny wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:25 pm
Not getting the job due to lack of photo ID
They said they will hold the position open for a few weeks while I get one.
hope getting a provisional driving license dont take to long
Usually no more than 2 weeks, I used to get grief myself due to it not being a passport despite it giving my age and exact place of birth,things seem tobe a little better now though.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:49 pm

Having a stressful day in work, "You now have to do this other floor as well"
Yeah because I wasn't busy enough with two, quite a few staff have just outright quit in the past year.

Well I snapped 8 hours into my shift,
I was looking into just quitting, till something comes along, I could survive on what I have for about 2-3 months.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:14 am

The state of affairs on the High Street.

Today one of my Favourite places to potter about, Hawkins Bazaar put its shutter down for good due to being in Administration, I used get the catalouges before the Internet days as I was a bit of a wierd kid who tended to prefer the odd and vintage toys.
Its place no doubt will be taken by a Vape or Phone shop based on the mess of my town Centre, a couple of the chain stores like HMV and Game survive but mostly its bargin shops, takeways and the afformentioned shops, it makes me wonder how much longer there will be a point shopping local.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:08 am

Difficult one for me, sad in a way the high street is dying but its like Woolies. Everyone goes ahhhhh such a shame but in the later years it was full of cheap tat, it wasnt that amazing shop it 'seemed' to be in the 80s

I prefer buying online and then that frees up my weekend so i dont have to go into town and can do something else. Business rates must be a huge reason why these shops close as are people not going into town so much. High streets are depressing i admit but i do enjoy buying stuff online

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:27 am

psj3809 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:08 am
Difficult one for me, sad in a way the high street is dying but its like Woolies. Everyone goes ahhhhh such a shame but in the later years it was full of cheap tat, it wasnt that amazing shop it 'seemed' to be in the 80s

I prefer buying online and then that frees up my weekend so i dont have to go into town and can do something else. Business rates must be a huge reason why these shops close as are people not going into town so much. High streets are depressing i admit but i do enjoy buying stuff online
I do admit I order a lot online, more nessecity though than choice, and the selection can be a lot bigger but I have always preferred a shop where possible.

The experiance was always nicer as you'd gain familiarity with the staff (maybe not so much in the big chains and supermarkets though), there was rarely a wait to get something (even Prime can't touch this) and it was more of a satisfying hunt for a bargin, yes you can do the same online just not as fun.
It could be where I've always worked on weekends, right from the age of 13 up until October 2018 so the whole free time things been different to me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am

New job thinking that I want to be in work every day of the week and do 12 hour weekends night shift.

Originally we were told we get to book what shifts we want to work rather than "You are working this shift"

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:49 am

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am
New job thinking that I want to be in work every day of the week and do 12 hour weekends night shift.

Originally we were told we get to book what shifts we want to work rather than "You are working this shift"
I had that, told days we'd agree (had a job that ran on the Saturday already) and yet magically got given alternating weekends, I did full 12 hour days but that was mostly going through and fixing mess ups mostly acctually caused by an offshore company or the users doing something they shouldn't.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:59 pm

To its credit, been on lates for the past week, 4 hour shift, words out of the bosses mouth
"As soon as its done, you all can go"

They plonked a Friday night shift on my timesheet yesterday.
I already said I cant work it

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:26 am

pratty wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 am
People's inability to accurayely describe things they're selling, would save us both a lot of hassle if they could.
More of this. Somebodys sells something as "like new" but it turns out to be covered in scuffs and scratches. I complain and they say "it's like new, not new". :roll:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823