What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm
That Hotmail business sounds terrible, thankful it seems that doesn't bleed through to iPhone, can't remember last time I logged into my hotmail on a PC.
I've never used it on my phone purely due to the experience my sister had when she logged in on the PC, forgetting that she was still logged in on the app and she got locked out of the account because MS saw it as a security threat. Unfortunately, emails from MS relating to resolving the problem went to the account she was locked out of (only had one email account) so she couldn't access them! After that, she eventually got a fresh security questionaire only to be told that her answers weren't good enough :roll: . Pretty sure that account was never used again.

Might just be an isolated incident but I KNOW I'd forget to log out and get trapped in some sort of similar loop.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Parents who don't control their children in public.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 am

Grace Dent and her 'You HAVE like me because I am a WOMAN' She once had a go at me on twitter I never realise who she was back then.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri May 19, 2017 8:23 am

Shinobi wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 am
Grace Dent and her 'You HAVE like me because I am a WOMAN' She once had a go at me on twitter I never realise who she was back then.
Hey, at least you realise who she is now.
Which puts you streets ahead of me because I haven't a clue who she is.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri May 19, 2017 9:22 am

People who take no responsibility for their own actions.

Had a guy come in looking for legal help as been caught driving with no ins.

Turns out he went on holiday and took all his money out of the account for spending money. He got a letter before he went away explaining that the payment for that month could not be taken. letter also says that they would not cancelled but instead keep him covered and reapply for the payment 2 weeks later. if that payment is missed then policy would be cancelled.

Now at this point if he read the letter all he had to do was put enough back in the account, but he said he could not be arsed to read the letters and left them till he got back.

so gets several Letters and Emails and letters whiule away. Admits he got the emails on his phone but never bothered reading them.

gets back from holiday on a morning and is at work the next day. Apparently he was far too tired to deal with it so slept all day and night and got up for work the next day.

so knowing the situation, he still decided to drive to work and try and sort it out on the way. gets pulled over for driving while using a mobile, and then gets caught for not having ins.

Came in today and nothing is his fault and its all the insurance companies fault and they have " done him over "

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am

The price of Retro Gamer on ebay. I pay up to 20 bucks a magazine but that is it unless its an issue I really can't go without. God, I wish I never got rid of my collection at my old address which had limited space. I'm now up to 40 magazines but boy do I have a long way to go.......

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 19, 2017 3:56 pm

The way TV programmes always bang on about the average annual wage being around the £26,000 mark. Is it bollox. I wish.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 pm

I know what you mean. Over here in Australia, it is meant to be about 100,000 dollars but I doubt its any-where near that.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri May 19, 2017 6:57 pm

the_hawk wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 am
I'm going to be on the tele today.
Fifteen to One at 3pm, Channel 4. (4pm on 4+1)
When people (especially those in their 20s) on general knowledge TV quiz shows say smugly "well, that's before my time" when they don't know the answer.
:roll: :roll:

On the episode you were on, I got the "1899 London statue" question correct, which is slightly before my time!!!!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:26 pm

:lol: :lol:

Well I got Eloise by Barry Ryan correct & that was released in 1968. :wink:

Also, there was a question about Moses & I'm pretty sure the girl who answered it correctly wasnt 4,000 years old.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sat May 20, 2017 2:23 pm

the_hawk wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:26 pm
:lol: :lol:

Well I got Eloise by Barry Ryan correct & that was released in 1968. :wink:

Also, there was a question about Moses & I'm pretty sure the girl who answered it correctly wasnt 4,000 years old.
Ha ha, I knew the answer to that one because of The Damned, never heard of Barry Ryan!!

Did you do anymore episodes?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm

OR type 99 to continue

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sat May 20, 2017 4:36 pm

the_hawk wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm
Yeah, one the following day...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fift ... /64916-017
Well done for getting to the final three 8)

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sun May 21, 2017 4:13 am

Cheers fella, I'd a lot of fun doing it.

We'd probably better get back to the rants though, as pulling threads off topic is ironically a gear grinding thing!

Social media turning into a 2 month episode of Question Time around Elections. Seriously if the couple of dozen friends and followers haven't been convinced by the 1000 crappy memes you've shared, they're not going to be convinced by the 1,001st.

I'm probably as guilty of this as anyone at times, but some folk are relentless.

The worst are the ones that are the type who whinge that actors, singers & miscellaneous celebrities should keep their mouths shut about about politics & leave it to the politicians...yet every single tweet they themselves up is a political one!! Oh sorry mate I didn't realise you were an MP.

OR type 99 to continue

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:21 pm

I was out for a meal for my mums + aunts birthday the service / food was shocking :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image