When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Carrot007

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Carrot007 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:36 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
Carrot007 wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:good grief!

what I'm getting at, is that this babbling talk of apocalyptic consequences is just complete nonsense, pure drivel peddled by the bed wetting left who have worked themselves into a raging fury that the real people don't actually think the same way they do.
Calling a group the real people is just plain nasty. Everyone is people and everyone has a right to think as they do.

And Like I already said. Anyone talking of apocalyptic consequences has already lost the argument on either side.
tell that to the fascist left, they like nothing better than shutting down opposing views and ideas.
So you are saying it's ok for you to act like an asshole because other do? How about setting an example?

What about the fascist right? The fringes at either side are morons. Why do you want to use their actions as a life guide, can you not think for yourself?

I'll now only reply if you can form a coherent argument without resorting to the same old poitnless tactics that get noone nowhere.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:24 am

Grrr eBay.

So I order an item from a seller, it does not turn up. Contact seller they send a replacement that has turned up damaged due to poor packing. I contact the seller again, he goes on and on about how he has lost money hand has sent out lots of these in the post and they have never turned up damaged. Its not my fault he is sending stuff untracked and poorly packaged. He is insinuating that I got the first item and I am now trying to get my money back. Not a happy man
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:34 am

rocky1980 wrote:Grrr eBay.

So I order an item from a seller, it does not turn up. Contact seller they send a replacement that has turned up damaged due to poor packing. I contact the seller again, he goes on and on about how he has lost money hand has sent out lots of these in the post and they have never turned up damaged. Its not my fault he is sending stuff untracked and poorly packaged. He is insinuating that I got the first item and I am now trying to get my money back. Not a happy man
open an ebay claim, they always side with the buyer and he knows it. He is hoping by spinning his sob story that he will get off the hook.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:55 am

open an ebay claim, they always side with the buyer and he knows it. He is hoping by spinning his sob story that he will get off the hook.
Its done, he keeps on at me to close it, thats not going to happen until I am happy. He ask for pictures, which I have provided and now its all gone quiet
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:24 am

It's the end of the world - see the following :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37904703

When will you people learn? Leave our chocolate alone.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:26 am

Katzkatz wrote:It's the end of the world - see the following :-

It's exactly the same as when Cadburys or Mars re-shape their bars and give them a "new" image when really, they've reduced the weight so you get less for your money. It's a bummer but ultimately, the price will go up if it stays the same due to rising cost of chocolate.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:07 am

Megamixer wrote:
Katzkatz wrote:It's the end of the world - see the following :-

It's exactly the same as when Cadburys or Mars re-shape their bars and give them a "new" image when really, they've reduced the weight so you get less for your money. It's a bummer but ultimately, the price will go up if it stays the same due to rising cost of chocolate.
Thing is it won't be long till it goes up in price anyway so the consumer gets stiffed both ways.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:11 am

On the plus side

Looks like you can put Kitkats in between

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:31 pm

DPrinny wrote:On the plus side

Looks like you can put Kitkats in between
Or a toast rack. Just make sure it's cold toast first :lol:

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:22 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:good grief!

what I'm getting at, is that this babbling talk of apocalyptic consequences is just complete nonsense, pure drivel peddled by the bed wetting left who have worked themselves into a raging fury that the real people don't actually think the same way they do.
I agree, but I'd class trump in the same bracket as that, just on the opposite side of the political spectrum. The zeitgeist is for easy soundbites, I think a lot of people that voted for Brexit and Trump are going to be disappointed in 4 years time as both will have so many compromises the promises Farage, Gove, BJ and Trump made won't be anywhere near reality. The 'new politics' will be a flash in the pan once people realise it delivers no better than the previous style.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:10 am

People that either don't read signs or think it doesn't apply to them.

My sons school has a big sign saying no riding bikes, scooters etc... on school grounds.

Came out of the school gate to nearly be knocked down by a mum on a bike who quite happily rode into school swerving around parents and young kids.

(realises this is a stealth cyclist one again)

:lol:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:44 am

^On that
HGVs that park on cycle paths that are next to a 1 lane busy road and near side streets that are perfect for it

Planning big costume builds, then realising I dont have the space at mine or at my mums to make them

Ok so no Godzilla (7ft) costume

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:06 pm

amazon logistics because i ordered a bunch of items on friday- some stuff came on sunday morning, while i was asleep, they left it with next door- great. Next parcel was supposed to arrive friday, until the crack of dawn this morning when they decide its coming today, I'm at work of course so they try to leave with a neighbour, don't know which one, they are out, now they can't decide which day its coming and can i send to a pickup location? of course not that would be way too convenient.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:32 pm

amazon stuff arrived today, i was notified at 11am that they decided it was coming today, it was left in the rain :roll:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:40 pm

the usual Christmas songs on the radio

ALREADY!!
Im ok with them being on in December, but its not