Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Not being able to travel to parallel universes

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:this country won't collapse when we officially "leave", I am 100% certain about that.

and Trump won't start world war 3 (Hilary may have done), I'm certain about that too.

hope this helps
Not really to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at.

If it is that massively over reacting comments like the country collapsing upon Brexit shouldn't be believed then I agree.

However neither should daft promises like that NHS bus thing or building a 3200 km wall along the US/Mexico border. Yet you've put your faith in with people that say these things, is there not a bit of hypocrisy there?

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:45 pm

good grief!

what I'm getting at, is that this babbling talk of apocalyptic consequences is just complete nonsense, pure drivel peddled by the bed wetting left who have worked themselves into a raging fury that the real people don't actually think the same way they do.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:59 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:good grief!

what I'm getting at, is that this babbling talk of apocalyptic consequences is just complete nonsense, pure drivel peddled by the bed wetting left who have worked themselves into a raging fury that the real people don't actually think the same way they do.
No

The revival of Crazy frog will cause the apocalypse

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:55 pm

DPrinny wrote:

No

The revival of Crazy frog will cause the apocalypse
Yeah, get it right guys. :lol:

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:23 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:this country won't collapse when we officially "leave", I am 100% certain about that.

and Trump won't start world war 3 (Hilary may have done), I'm certain about that too.

hope this helps
And I am 100% sure that it won't collapse either. But I 100% think it would be better if we stayed.

The crazies on either side talking about apocalypse are just idiots as usual, does not mean it's going to be good though. I think the mahority of people that voted for it stand to lose the most though.

And Trump Hilary was a tough one, but I'd stil lstay Hilary was the slightly 0.00001% better option ;-)

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:26 am

Calling a group the real people is just plain nasty. Everyone is people and everyone has a right to think as they do.

And Like I already said. Anyone talking of apocalyptic consequences has already lost the argument on either side.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:40 am

Carrot007 wrote:
Calling a group the real people is just plain nasty. Everyone is people and everyone has a right to think as they do.
His deliberate provocative language is so cliched now, I am surprised you have taken it seriously by direct response. He just parrots professional rabble-rousers as thats his forum trick to get attention. He thrives off it and division, so its best just to privately feel a bit sorry for him and then ignore him.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:35 am

In rather more important matters, people who put empty paracetamol packets back in the box deserve their very own special version of hell.
I envisage it as a vast wasteland of used paracetamol blister packs, at least knee deep, with the incumbent sinners crippled with a neverending blinding headache and cursed with the knowledge that somewhere among the sea of rubbish is a pack that actually has two tablets in it.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:55 pm

The Beans wrote:In rather more important matters, people who put empty paracetamol packets back in the box deserve their very own special version of hell.
I envisage it as a vast wasteland of used paracetamol blister packs, at least knee deep, with the incumbent sinners crippled with a neverending blinding headache and cursed with the knowledge that somewhere among the sea of rubbish is a pack that actually has two tablets in it.
You know what I hate? People who take just one paracetomal or ibuprofen instead of two so when you've got a killer headache, you find a single tablet left in the box. Does my head in.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:18 pm

In rather more important matters, people who put empty paracetamol packets back in the box deserve their very own special version of hell.
I second that, evil people :evil:
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Carrot007 wrote:

And Like I already said. Anyone talking of apocalyptic consequences has already lost the argument on either side.
tell that to the fascist left, they like nothing better than shutting down opposing views and ideas.

shinymcshine

Post by shinymcshine » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:44 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
Just who are these people who share all your paracetamol? I'm guessing their just your immediate family?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Opinions are like onions, not everybody likes them

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:55 pm

shinymcshine wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:
Just who are these people who share all your paracetamol? I'm guessing their just your immediate family?
Guess again.

Another thing that grinds my gears is the use of "their" instead of "they are". Add it to the growing list of illiterate crap that plagues the internet.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.