What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Liamh1982

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Many of those pre-prepared salads you get from supermarkets and Co-ops in those meal deals will have little bits of chicken, bacon or seafood.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 pm

They are also expensive and small
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:When you're trying to join a site and every username you can think of has already been claimed. I am rubbish at usernames and have no imagination for them whatsoever :roll:
This is why I have a big number at the end of my username. I used plain 'Antiriad' on a few places, then found I couldn't use it elsewhere, so I could be Antiriad2 or something. As I was playing Wipeout 2097 at the time, I went with that, figuring it'd be unlikely I'd sign up somewhere there were 2096 others.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 am

DPrinny wrote:They are also expensive and small
Touché.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri May 20, 2016 10:39 am

Just realised why my bloody mother never answers her mobile, but then always rings back 2 mins later.

round there today and her phone goes off, she puts her glasses on and starts looking at the screen to see who it is, then she holds on to the phone and turns to my dad " oh its Mary, I wonder what she is ringing for " " I wonder whats wrong ". To which my dad replies in a very frustrated manner " well if you just bloody answer it you will find out " ( at a guess I would suggest he has seen her do this quite often )

Of course by this time the caller has stopped ringing, and of course my mother then rings her back.

So the mystery of why my mother never answers the goddamn phone whenever anyone rings is now solved. bloody hell, old people and technology really do not mix well sometimes.

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri May 20, 2016 1:35 pm

People that think that you can increase the video quality of a potato recording to CSI type levels :evil:

I've been handed some video that is to be used for promotional purposes and been asked to make the video "bigger" the video in question in terms of quality is the equivalent of a Youtube 360p video and it's believed I can enhance it to crystal clear HD. This was uttered by the requester and I quote "just like they do on tv" :roll:

I've done some nice-ish enhancements in the past but this is just on a new level

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Ebay get again

So I won a Wii U console and games on the 5th May. After over a week of waiting no console or email, I open a case. This morning I still did not have any response so eBay closed the case and found in my favour and I have had a full refund. However this afternoon I get two parcels one parcel force and the other royal mail. One has the console in it and the other the games both were very poorly packed. The console is also not as described and does not work correctly. I called eBay CS and as far as they are concerned I have my money back and its up to me what I do with the console and games. When I won the auction the seller was 100% feedback only 7 but still 100%. However in the last few days two negates have appeared both look like for not sending stuff out. One was for a phone and the other a monitor. I have dropped the seller a message saying I am willing to sent it back if they cover postage. The seller did not even bother to put a return address on the boxes. This does not sit right with me, all I wanted was my money back now I have it plus a console that is not really mine
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri May 20, 2016 7:27 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:Just realised why my bloody mother never answers her mobile, but then always rings back 2 mins later.

round there today and her phone goes off, she puts her glasses on and starts looking at the screen to see who it is, then she holds on to the phone and turns to my dad " oh its Mary, I wonder what she is ringing for " " I wonder whats wrong ". To which my dad replies in a very frustrated manner " well if you just bloody answer it you will find out " ( at a guess I would suggest he has seen her do this quite often )

Of course by this time the caller has stopped ringing, and of course my mother then rings her back.

So the mystery of why my mother never answers the goddamn phone whenever anyone rings is now solved. bloody hell, old people and technology really do not mix well sometimes.
My mum insists on calling me on her mobile when she's in the Cheap MDF rubbish, even though she knows the convoluted light fittings in her Cheap MDF rubbish cabinets effectively form a faraday cage and prevent any signal from getting through. This doesn't happen when she's in any other room, but she insists on calling from the Cheap MDF rubbish, and won't thInk to go into another room before I ring back. I just end up ringing her back on the land line every time.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri May 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Ah the good old k1tch3n filter...always good for a laugh.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 20, 2016 9:46 pm

Kitchen

I have no such problem
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sat May 21, 2016 10:04 am

ArchaicKoala wrote:People that think that you can increase the video quality of a potato recording to CSI type levels :evil:

I've been handed some video that is to be used for promotional purposes and been asked to make the video "bigger" the video in question in terms of quality is the equivalent of a Youtube 360p video and it's believed I can enhance it to crystal clear HD. This was uttered by the requester and I quote "just like they do on tv" :roll:

I've done some nice-ish enhancements in the past but this is just on a new level
http://clientsfromhell.net/

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Royal Fail and ebay calculators not match up, postage just came out more than double :evil:
Watching you sleep since 1990

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sun May 22, 2016 12:42 am

rocky1980 wrote:Ebay get again

So I won a Wii U console and games on the 5th May. After over a week of waiting no console or email, I open a case. This morning I still did not have any response so eBay closed the case and found in my favour and I have had a full refund. However this afternoon I get two parcels one parcel force and the other royal mail. One has the console in it and the other the games both were very poorly packed. The console is also not as described and does not work correctly. I called eBay CS and as far as they are concerned I have my money back and its up to me what I do with the console and games. When I won the auction the seller was 100% feedback only 7 but still 100%. However in the last few days two negates have appeared both look like for not sending stuff out. One was for a phone and the other a monitor. I have dropped the seller a message saying I am willing to sent it back if they cover postage. The seller did not even bother to put a return address on the boxes. This does not sit right with me, all I wanted was my money back now I have it plus a console that is not really mine
Enjoy that awesome karma, ffs. :)

Ride that motherfckin wave of serendipity.

SCORE!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Sun May 22, 2016 7:03 pm

the_hawk wrote:Ah the good old k1tch3n filter...always good for a laugh.
Haha forgot about that. Going by the current spammers MO we should have a random gibberish filter, but that could possibly block out half of the posts on the forum...

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon May 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Spotify, more specifically the fact that their app went very slow and buggy 3 years ago and this has not been addressed despite all their "improved new features" including a buggier app and huge differences in prices for non u.s customers