What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Sega2006 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Post Office staff.

Before I started I explained I had difficulties with speech and that all three items had been specified 2nd class post, she acknowledged this and told me to put item one on the scale.

She then went on to go through postage options to which I repeated what I said, she did this on the next item aswell, to give you an idea speech for me feels like someone is strangling me and it comes out in a very horse tone.

Item number three, again explain buyer requested 2nd class parcel, she checked the value and then started arguing and raising her voice as well because I wouldnt take the signed for option that she decided could be the only option and then mid rant asked if I wanted stamps.

I'd seriously stop using Royal Fail all together if the local My Hermes pickup driver was reliable :evil:
Watching you sleep since 1990

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Sega2006 wrote:Post Office staff.

Before I started I explained I had difficulties with speech and that all three items had been specified 2nd class post, she acknowledged this and told me to put item one on the scale.

She then went on to go through postage options to which I repeated what I said, she did this on the next item aswell, to give you an idea speech for me feels like someone is strangling me and it comes out in a very horse tone.

Item number three, again explain buyer requested 2nd class parcel, she checked the value and then started arguing and raising her voice as well because I wouldnt take the signed for option that she decided could be the only option and then mid rant asked if I wanted stamps.

I'd seriously stop using Royal Fail all together if the local My Hermes pickup driver was reliable :evil:
Royal Mail prices are all over the place and seriously inconsistent. They're only worth using for small items...

Do you not have a Parcelshop that you can drop items to send off nearby?

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Not overly reliable as well, I'd do the printout postage option if I could but don't have frequent access to a printer atmwhich is a royal pain as the Depot accepts prepaids and is open till late.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun May 15, 2016 11:49 am

dfsvfr. Our newest spammer. Seriously, what gobbledegook is he going on about now. It might not be origami - but it's weird. sawpy displant sneeze quartful mossed and adalberta soilproof guelavi emulating moter - what sort of topics are they for this forum? :lol: I don't think it's the work of a bot - but let us hope this spammer goes from this forum.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sun May 15, 2016 2:16 pm

I noticed that, too. Maybe it's the meaning of life and we're meant to decode it? Maybe it's an AI finally developing enough confidence to join a forum?

Very, very strange spam.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sun May 15, 2016 3:29 pm

dfsfvr is still going 'strong'. I've never seen the word 'sexdigitated' before. I think this may be the genesis of a TRUE sequel to 'Naked Lunch' and I am getting wet.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun May 15, 2016 4:39 pm

He's gone. Bloody spammers!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun May 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Katzkatz wrote:dfsvfr. Our newest spammer. Seriously, what gobbledegook is he going on about now. It might not be origami - but it's weird. sawpy displant sneeze quartful mossed and adalberta soilproof guelavi emulating moter - what sort of topics are they for this forum? :lol: I don't think it's the work of a bot - but let us hope this spammer goes from this forum.
It was the matrix breaking down in front of our eyes.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 am

My parents.

My mum got invited to a christening by one of hsustomers, oh my god not only was Facebook filled with pictures of the baby, but my mum rang me and started asking questions.

Had I seen the pictures, are me and mrs apex having kids, why have we not already, when are we having them etc.

Plus they have decided they want the £700 they lent us 3 weeks ago back despite saying there was no rush for it and pay it back when we can, leaving us to find money to fix a leak in our bathroom and unable to go to the racing weekend planned for my dad's 60th.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon May 16, 2016 3:47 am

Lyse Doucet and her bleeding heart refugee stories. Every censored day. Yes Leeeez, we get it. Here's your Pulitzer, now STFU.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 16, 2016 7:06 am

Getting a flat tyre on the way to work

BIKE SHOPS DONT OPEN AT 6AM!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon May 16, 2016 7:51 am

Puncture repair kit?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 16, 2016 7:58 am

Dont think it was a puncture, didnt see anything that could of caused it

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 am

Spending an hour taking the rear light assembly on my car apart because it told me it needed a new brake light bulb, only to fit the new bulb and put it all back together again for it to then give me a warning about my reverse light bulb also being out, so I need to do the whole thing again...

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Mon May 16, 2016 9:43 am

Treguard wrote:Spending an hour taking the rear light assembly on my car apart because it told me it needed a new brake light bulb, only to fit the new bulb and put it all back together again for it to then give me a warning about my reverse light bulb also being out, so I need to do the whole thing again...
I did something like this the other day. Except I took it all off, took it inside the house, then realised I couldn't remember which of the 4/5 bulbs was which, and didn't know which 2 had actually gone. :oops: