What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

pratty

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by pratty » Tue May 03, 2016 4:45 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Finding out I have to pay 36.5% Danish tax on my entire salary for the month, with no personal allowance. This means I'm away from home for a month, working 12 hour shifts on nights, for about £20 a day extra.
That's Denmark for you, isn't it one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world? If they just taxed Lego instead they'd probably be sorted. :lol:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:30 am

pratty wrote:
That's Denmark for you, isn't it one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world? If they just taxed Lego instead they'd probably be sorted. :lol:
Ah yes, that high taxed failed state of Denmark! They must have a terrible standard of living there :P (i'm just messin')

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Finding out I have to pay 36.5% Danish tax on my entire salary for the month, with no personal allowance. This means I'm away from home for a month, working 12 hour shifts on nights, for about £20 a day extra.

As soon as I got to the word Danish my mind just turned to bacon and pastries.So I have no idea what the rest is about.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue May 03, 2016 12:48 pm

People moaning about not having time to get things done or rushing about yet they have plenty of time to stare at their phone like a zombie, flicking through social media sh1te.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue May 03, 2016 4:02 pm

The random looking spam that seems to be infiltrating the site. Let's hope it does not get any worse. Cannot take another MDF gate :lol:

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:49 pm

silvergunner wrote:The random looking spam that seems to be infiltrating the site. Let's hope it does not get any worse. Cannot take another MDF gate :lol:
I'm surprised its not in this thread as well...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Football being all over the news

Its not main news, its sport KEEP IT WITH THE SPORT!!

When venues dont advertise something thats going on

Seriously, FAB cafe are crap with advertising my games nights, ive been on at the bloke that runs it for years now

Seriously considering telling them they can sod off and going elsewhere taking all my gear with me as im also sick of them chucking things ontop of the TVs and just randomly placing them any way up, I bloody make sure the storidge area is neat and sorted every time I leave

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Tue May 03, 2016 8:19 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
pratty wrote:
Ah yes, that high taxed failed state of Denmark! They must have a terrible standard of living there :P (i'm just messin')
Yeah, but most of that tax is a flat-rate local income tax, so at least the libertarians will be happy. :wink:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:18 am

DPrinny wrote:Football being all over the news

Seriously, FAB cafe are crap with advertising my games nights, ive been on at the bloke that runs it for years now

Seriously considering telling them they can sod off and going elsewhere taking all my gear with me as im also sick of them chucking things ontop of the TVs and just randomly placing them any way up, I bloody make sure the storidge area is neat and sorted every time I leave
^Dont even go there wrestling boy !

The Leicester news is HUGE and something which 'might' not happen again for another 100 years, its all over the news in other countries as its something just huge.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed May 04, 2016 4:33 am

psj3809 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Football being all over the news

^Dont even go there wrestling boy !

The Leicester news is HUGE and something which 'might' not happen again for another 100 years, its all over the news in other countries as its something just huge.
It's still a load of old bollicks though. Its a game full of cheating, backward thinking rules that allow goals that aren't goals, fouls that aren't fouls - put in some rules that use modern tech to rid the sport of cheats and then it WILL be something. I know I sound like just your typical footy hating person but I do actually enjoy watching the odd match. Usually what happens though is a goal is allowed/disallowed or someone falls over a blade of grass pretending to be tripped up then rolls around in agony waiting for the ref to give a free kick/penalty... then gets up and runs around as if nothing had happened - usually with a smile due to the result of his fantastic ballet move!
I'd happily watch footy with rules that make the game fair - currently they are not fair. It really grinds my gears!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 am

psj3809 wrote:The Leicester news is HUGE and something which 'might' not happen again for another 100 years, its all over the news in other countries as its something just huge.
It's not over here, where a football is something that you pick up and run with. :lol:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:48 am

You in the US ? So jealous ! (Love american footy)

I've seen a few newsclips from the US talking about Leicester, saying that one clip did mention Spurs winning the title, quite amusing. I thought Greece winning the Euros back in 2004 (I think) was a shock, this though is unbelievable.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 am

Matt_B wrote:
Sephiroth81 wrote:
pratty wrote:
Yeah, but most of that tax is a flat-rate local income tax, so at least the libertarians will be happy. :wink:
They could be happier. http://cphpost.dk/news/danish-municipal ... money.html
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 04, 2016 4:56 am

psj3809 wrote: ^Dont even go there wrestling boy !

When was the last time wrestling was in the main news? Or even in the news at all? (deaths a side)

Football isnt main news, its sport

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed May 04, 2016 5:31 am

DPrinny wrote:Football isnt main news, its sport
QFT.

Radio 4 are still going on about it today. :shock:

We get it, it's amazing, 5000 to 1, it'll never happen again. Move on.