What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

funkykong

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by funkykong » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 am

A group of cackling girls or lads on the train...jesus there is nothing more annoying

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:13 am

funkykong wrote:A group of cackling girls or lads on the train...jesus there is nothing more annoying
Had to go to London the other day, even though i was in the silent carriage there were still idiots blasting out crap on their headphones. Being british of course i didnt say anything ! Someone was typing a message on her phone, dont people realise you can set it to silent ? Instead i had to listen to every tap of every letter for what seemed like eternity

A woman was outside of the carriage to be fair but was talking non stop about some boring conversation on her phone for about 45 minutes

The days of dreadful ringtones/message tons is much better than say 5/10 years ago when you heard Crazy Frog everywhere (still cant believe people lowered themselves to Crazy Frog).

stvd

Post by stvd » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:34 am

Grumpy old men who go on long train journeys and do nothing but moan about everyone else. :)

David

Post by David » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:25 am

Train passengers.

All of them.

My job would be so much better if they just let us go about on empty trains all day :lol:

Mind you I will take cackling drunks all day long as opposed to know it all arrogant business types

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:15 am

stvd wrote:Grumpy old men who go on long train journeys and do nothing but moan about everyone else. :)
Hahahah

Hey come on i did go in the grumpy 'silent' carriage but even thats not safe anymore ! To be fair at least i got a seat there and back which is a first so that was good. Went on the slow train which stopped so many times but with my iphone charged up the journey was great

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

Someone on the train today walked past and put a packet of tissues on my table with a note attached asking for money due to having two children to feed and having no job and politely asking to purchase the tissues. He did the same for all the other passengers in the carriage. Was quite sad really. The bloke adjacent to me sneered and tutted at the man when he came back round asking for money. :roll:

The bloke with contempt grinded my gears. That and having no change on me.... :evil:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Chuggers on trains.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:19 pm

When a bus driver stops for a five minute break
You just got out of the depot where you had a ten minute one

All these OH LOOK WE ARE SO FUNNY AS WE ARE REACTING TO SOME OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO TRADE MARK THE WORD "REACT" videos in my Youtube suggestions, getting fed up with clicking "Not interested"

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:57 am

When I drop my son off at nursery. There is enough room for 2 cars to park in the driveway (in a crescent shape, In/Out type). Every day one particular mum turns up and if there is no room she just pulls in behind the second car blocking them from reversing out if the first car hasn't moved, the pavement and half of the road and just sits their waiting.

Grrrr

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:00 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Chuggers on trains.
Chuggers are people asking to donate to charities? Or do you mean someone begging for money for themselves? (like in the scenario I commented on above?)

If so, I agree on the first, disagree on the second. Whoever it is though, I either politely decline or donate. There is never any need to be an arsehole when it comes to people less fortunate than ourselves.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:21 am

Scientists. The do get themselves worked up about stuff but they never actually deliver anything amazing.
So this week the scienticianists discover Gravity Waves and they go togally batshit. It's all over the news and I'm thinking OH MY GOOD GOD, GRAVITY WAVES, WE'RE ALL GETTING MAGNETO-LIKE POWERS! It must be this because they're going TOTALLY BATSHIT about it!
:shock:
But no. It's the Large Hadron Collider thing all over again. :roll: Just more science that essentially does nothing except allow more scientists to do more science to discover ... more science.
Unimpressed Beans is unimpressed.

Scientists should shut right up until they make a lightsaber, teleport, warp drive or time machine or cure cancer.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:33 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Chuggers are people asking to donate to charities? Or do you mean someone begging for money for themselves? (like in the scenario I commented on above?)

If so, I agree on the first, disagree on the second. Whoever it is though, I either politely decline or donate. There is never any need to be an arsehole when it comes to people less fortunate than ourselves.
Can see both sides on this, just a smile and polite 'sorry, no' is enough, but some chuggers lie in wait in tight alleyways and what have you. It's annoying and does them and the charity they're working for no favours.

DPrinny wrote:All these OH LOOK WE ARE SO FUNNY AS WE ARE REACTING TO SOME OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO TRADE MARK THE WORD "REACT" videos in my Youtube suggestions, getting fed up with clicking "Not interested"
Is that your official reaction?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 am

Sel Feena wrote:
Is that your official reaction?
Thats to come.......................

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:48 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:

He is asking for your charity, you did not approach him and his wares, he aproached you, therefore he is a chugger.

Fair enough be polite, but you really shouldn't have to deal with that.

He has stock to sell, and enough for a train fare, so he's not exactly in the 'needy' category.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:03 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
He is asking for your charity, you did not approach him and his wares, he aproached you, therefore he is a chugger.

Fair enough be polite, but you really shouldn't have to deal with that.

He has stock to sell, and enough for a train fare, so he's not exactly in the 'needy' category.
Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't (its not as if you need a valid train ticket to be physically on a train). I was under the impression that life was not easy for him, and I thought that tutting and derisory looks are not the way to treat a fellow human being down on their luck.

Maybe he shouldn't have been there, but its not like people are being hounded every minute - I use the trains and rarely see this. He must get a lot of abuse, and it can't be easy to literally beg for money....certainly a lot harder than just acknowledging their existence and saying "sorry, i don't have any change on me".