What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

silvergunner

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by silvergunner » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Megamixer wrote:The next house along having a large driveway but for some reason, always leaving it empty while they fill the street up between our houses with their 3-4 cars. Makes parking up outside ours bloody hard sometimes when they've spaced their cars out along the entire stretch for no conceivable reason. Use the bloody drive :roll:
The drive has not recently been done has it? We have neighbours like that. It's as if there are scared to get it mucky.

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:44 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:Finally people that dont pick up after their dogs. the amount of times i see people purposely walking ahead of their dogs trying to act oblivious to their doings really annoys me. The council usually provides dog bags randomly scattered throughout the local walking areas, granted not all are filled at all times, but if take my dog out, i make sure i have a bag or two before going, not rely on one being provided half way down the pathway. nothing worse than treading in it, not realising and going back to the car and only realising when there is a knowing smell while you are driving home.
The only thing worse than people that do not pick up after their dogs is the people who do bag it then think the bag would be best placed hung on a nearby tree. The death penalty is too good for these people.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:25 pm

silvergunner wrote:
Megamixer wrote:The next house along having a large driveway but for some reason, always leaving it empty while they fill the street up between our houses with their 3-4 cars. Makes parking up outside ours bloody hard sometimes when they've spaced their cars out along the entire stretch for no conceivable reason. Use the bloody drive :roll:
The drive has not recently been done has it? We have neighbours like that. It's as if there are scared to get it mucky.
No, the people currently living there are new owners. The drive has not been re-done while we've lived here and the previous occupants always used it.

Another one from today: customers entering the walk-in chiller area at work and saying things like "Oooh it's cold in 'ere isn't it?" :roll: Well yes...it is a bloody fridge isn't it? I'd say about 1 in 3 must say something similar and the same customers will always repeat the same remark every time they're in shopping.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:34 pm

Carrot007 wrote:
The only thing worse than people that do not pick up after their dogs is the people who do bag it then think the bag would be best placed hung on a nearby tree. The death penalty is too good for these people.
The death penalty grinds my gears, but "discarded" dog s**t, chewing gum and cigarettes should not be seen anywhere public

Also, having to take in neighbours post/packages if they are out, which subsequently leads to making tedious polite small talk when giving their post to them later.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:10 pm

i'm not too fussed about taking parcels in, as long as they are not too big and heavy. next door has taken loads in for us, and I feel really cheeky that I have put on someone. I used to do it at my parents house when I lived there, that all stopped when the neighbours encouraged their kids to build a snowman on the pavement right next to my car's drivers door so I couldn't get in, all because I dared to park outside their house when loads of the elderly neighbours had their kids and grandkids round. She had loads of massive open university textbooks and I either refused to take them in, or left them in the house for about 4 days :lol:

David

Post by David » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:25 pm

people who park over driveways

my mum lives next to a football stadium and every match day has to ask someone not to park over the drive and block her in

someone blocked her car in about a month ago for 4 hours. she is disabled with a blue badge clearly on the window and this c*nt still blocked her in.

police not interested until well after football policig duties are done, so I just kicked his wing mirrors off instead.

arsehole

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:The death penalty grinds my gears, but "discarded" dog s**t, chewing gum and cigarettes should not be seen anywhere public

Also, having to take in neighbours post/packages if they are out, which subsequently leads to making tedious polite small talk when giving their post to them later.
I do agree on the DP, I was just trying to convey my annoiance at the oddity of cleaning up dog poop and then hanging it on a tree like it was a special present!

Post does get to me too. Though it's more the fact that the high street is dead. Online shopping rules. however a lot of places do not understand that the battle for the web is convienient delivery now. Amazon are good with their lockers if you have one nearby. Unfortunatly as a prime subscriber though it can take more to deliver it to a locker than to my house which is bloody ridiculous! Though prime delivery can be annoying too as it's next day up to 21:00. And I can confirm that a bluray I ordered ended up being pretty much on 20:55!

On the post gear grind thing though. Moving house. I paid the stupid 6 month post office redirection fee. Twice since I am discriminated against here for not being married (well not having the same surname, which I accept is technically different but the usual reason!) So why can't the idiots that lived here last do it. I gave it to the house they requested for a month. I am not anymore. Yes I open it. I want to know if it affects me (and yes debts are not on a house but they will come here at first if it's all they know and I want to know!). Also pay you car tax and car insurance you imbeciles, it aint hard.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:23 am

Couriers that only deliver during weekdays instead of 18:00-21:00 or at the weekend when I'm actually in. I've picked up so many parcels from the PO depot for Mrs Ant recently. At least Amazon Prime usually gets it right and waits until I've had my tea etc.

PO delivery charges. I haven't posted anything for years until my current sale thread. Sent a few games to Samhain yesterday, PO charged £12. £12! I really need to check out courier options in my area.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:19 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Couriers that only deliver during weekdays instead of 18:00-21:00 or at the weekend when I'm actually in. I've picked up so many parcels from the PO depot for Mrs Ant recently. At least Amazon Prime usually gets it right and waits until I've had my tea etc.

PO delivery charges. I haven't posted anything for years until my current sale thread. Sent a few games to Samhain yesterday, PO charged £12. £12! I really need to check out courier options in my area.
Parcel2go.com is your friend. I sell a lot of gamebooks on ebay, I've saved myself a fortune on postage charges through there.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:47 am

Idiots who cant shut up at theatres, cinemas etc. Im trying to enjoy the show, i dont need you laughing as loud as you can and repeating all the good jokes. :evil:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Me saying "Ill make a simple poster"
ITS NEVER SIMPLE!!

It takes about half an hour for the laptop to get to speed (old tablet laptop)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:44 am

David wrote:people who park over driveways

my mum lives next to a football stadium and every match day has to ask someone not to park over the drive and block her in

someone blocked her car in about a month ago for 4 hours. she is disabled with a blue badge clearly on the window and this c*nt still blocked her in.

police not interested until well after football policig duties are done, so I just kicked his wing mirrors off instead.

arsehole
Going through similar at the moment , i know its a pain but parking across your own drive is the solution.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:53 am

shiftytigger wrote:
David wrote:people who park over driveways

arsehole
Going through similar at the moment , i know its a pain but parking across your own drive is the solution.

Had that a couple of times here too with one person. Soon fixed it by parking my car one inch from their front bumper and my daughter's car one inch from their back bumper. When they knocked on the door to ask me to shift one, i politely told them i'd show them the same consideration they showed me. Then shut the door, had a shower, ate my dinner and did the washing up before lazily strolling out to set them free. Strangely, not had a problem since. Can't imagine why......
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:16 am

Waking up at 6am on a Saturday

Still, the sun rise was good

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:42 pm

Pushy, stupid, apparently illiterate, arsehole parents who totally ignore the sign on my front door telling them we do not do the Trick Or Treat bollocks at my house. What is it with these total idiots that think their kids are the centre of everybody's universe as well as their own?
Nearly two hours of this crap so far. censored this stupid american pile of turds and everything to do with it.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.