Real Ghostbusters

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Real Ghostbusters

Post by SirClive » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:45 am

No not the cool cartoons based on one of my altime fave movies, real live actual ghost hunting!

Last night I spent a the Rock Inn hotel and bar in Hollywell Green, Halifax.
A friend of mine was doing a Most Haunted style ghost hunt, which is something he has done for about 16 years.

We arrived at 5pm, set up motion sensors, temperature gauges, video cameras, emf sensors and a load of other strange contraptions. Then had a pizza and a few beers. At about 9pm we started in earnest by putting a girl who claims to have seen 'something like a woman' in one of the rooms and getting her to speak to the spirits. Almost immediately we saw light anomalies (orbs) on the video screen. We moved through the 17th century building (that used to be 5 terrace houses) and got orbs in another room, some noises (bangs etc) when holding a seance and then when we did a yes/no style ouija the glass moved quite a lot in answer to questions asked.

Now I know this won't convince people of the existance of ghosts (it didn't convince me as most things at best are ambiguous), but it did give us enough doubt to make it a really interesting night. We didn't finish until 3.30am and I had to be up at 4.15 to get the girlf to the airport, but it was a fantastic night of fun.

It still won't persuade me to watch any of those god awful tv shows like most haunted/ghost towns/crossing over etc though.

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am

I've done a few in my time also the best one was at Farnham Castle

its damn strange though and explaining it to people makes them look at you as though you are a nutball. But its all fun!

and I have been on the last 2 most haunted live shows too hehe
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:42 am

These "orbs" make me laugh, since when did light reflecting off of a tiny speck of dust become "paranormal" :lol: :lol: Since that silly cow and that con man scouser started telling anybody that would listen on their silly Living TV show, thats when... :lol:

The thing I don't understand is why when they "think" they have heard/seen/filmed anything ghostly that IF proved could turn the way Human beings look at the world we live in and the afterlife and death and every religion on the planet upside down and inside out is....
Why do they go home and not return..??? lol If there is something that important in this place STAY, stay for a month, stay for a year, stay for as long as it takes to hold the definitive proof of life after death in your hands and go down in history as part of the team that solved one of man kinds oldest questions.... But noooooo they go home and forget about it???

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:56 am

I don't know about an unquiet spirit but I think something definitely died in our bathroom about 10 minutes ago, and there may even be an orb or two still floating about....... :twisted:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

kelp7

Re:

Post by kelp7 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:51 am

ZeroCipher wrote:I've done a few in my time also the best one was at Farnham Castle

its damn strange though and explaining it to people makes them look at you as though you are a nutball. But its all fun!

intriguing, i was at the portsmouth one.... my wife's really into it, i'm a sceptic but i have seen some stuff on the shows that has been a little weird / difficult to explain...

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:01 pm

I spent the night at a reputedly haunted house

Must say I'm more of a believer now than I was before...
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

James A

Post by James A » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

I used to be really sceptical about ghosts until i did some part time cleaning work in a retirment home in Wrexham. Its spooky anyway but part of it is built around a celtic burial mound.

First day on the tea break sitting round with ten people and a cup moves across the table. Am then told by one of the nuns that works there that you'll get used to that sort of thing.

Couple of week later see what i think is one of the elderly residents going into the store rooms. Ask my mum who also works there if she can get the person out only to find no one in there. Same day hovering a corridor something shoots acorss the corridor in front of me knocking a small potted tree over. The only way i can descibe what i saw was like the alien in Predator when it moves when its semi invisible. The pot holding the tree i could hardly move on my own.

Later that week one of the night nurses refused to do any more night shifts after seeing on the residents floating in the corridor that died three days earlier. The last thing i saw was helping clear a room out there was a scratching noise coming from under the bed. Me and another person moved the bed but found nothing but the noise still kept going to be followed by the most godawful growling noise i've ever heard. I don't scare easily but i left that day and didn't go back again. My mum worked the for another 5 years and always came back with some wierd happenings every other week.

My friends laugh when i tell them the story but what i saw wasn't an optical illusion and that growling noise i heard still scares the hell out of me to this day.

Most Haunted wouldn't last two minutes in there.

ZeroCipher

Re:

Post by ZeroCipher » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:34 pm

kelp7 wrote:
ZeroCipher wrote:I've done a few in my time also the best one was at Farnham Castle

intriguing, i was at the portsmouth one.... my wife's really into it, i'm a sceptic but i have seen some stuff on the shows that has been a little weird / difficult to explain...

I was one of the "superfans"

I just like getting on TV
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:56 am

I'm getting the word......

:lol: :lol:
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

LoungeVamp

Re:

Post by LoungeVamp » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:22 am

FatTrucker wrote:I don't know about an unquiet spirit but I think something definitely died in our bathroom about 10 minutes ago, and there may even be an orb or two still floating about....... :twisted:
LOL!

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Monte Vista hotel in Flagstaff Arizona, and while we stayed at the place, felt that it had a funny feel to it, like slightly uncomfortable but nothing that would make us go looking for ectoplasm or anything...

Turns out that the room we stayed in has "history" and is reknowned for all sorts of stuff.
Spooked us out later, however I think in many respects the feeling is due to an induced atmosphere of a collection of people believing the place is haunted.

Like when you walk in to a room and you just know there's been some sort of argument or something...

I'm open minded about ghosts etc. but I think television shows like Most Haunted are pretty much car crash tv.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Wildnites wrote:I'm getting the word......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You a Peter Kaye fan then Wildnites :wink:

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:44 pm

SirClive wrote:
Wildnites wrote:I'm getting the word......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You a Peter Kaye fan then Wildnites :wink:
I can't stand that man Kaye :evil:

Does that make me a bad person?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:45 pm

no, just a southerner :wink:

paranoid marvin

Re: