Skies of Arcadia GC

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nesmaster

Skies of Arcadia GC

Post by nesmaster » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:08 am

I want it badly lol. Have got lots of games for trade. :P I regret getting rid of it :cry:
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

freemonk

Re: Skies of Arcadia GC

Post by freemonk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:17 am

I want the DC version of SOA! :lol:
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

Wizpot

Post by Wizpot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm

God i loved that game, still got my original DC version (and keeping it :P ), there places you can dl & burn to run from *cough* (DC) not the same as having the the proper thing though ...
If it's not nailed down it's Mine ... If I can pry it loose it's not nailed down ... .. ~Wiz~ 1966-NOW

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Always looking for friends on XBOX LIVE .. Request with Retro G

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Let me inspire you nesmaster with the story of how I aquired the game for a reasonable £20.

(Firstly the £50+ prices on ebay are insane, don't pay them, when I've seen game traders on forums sell it, it's usally around £25, you shouldn't pay more that £30.)

After reading a lot about the game recently I started to regret trading it in years ago, without even completing it I'm ashamed to say. I had to make amends.

On a whim I posted a wanted ad on a local website with a for sale section, expecting my ad to get lost among the others with none of the mutants in my town even knowing what a Gamecube was, never mind SOA Legends.

But very soon someone answered and asked me to make them an offer. I said £20 which he sounded very happy to accept. Looking back I wonder if I should have offered £15 or even £10. It turned out though that he did now it's potential value as he recommended I put it on ebay after I finished it, but he was happy to let it go for £20. I think it suited us both.

When he turned up to deliver the game, which was nice of him, it turned out he was in his mid to late 60s, at least, he said he didn't play his Gamecube anymore becuase he was on his PS3 all the time! :lol:

It was £20 well spent as I clocked up 96 hours (!) before I finished it with still a few things to go back and do.

So there, maybe you'll get lucky like me.

Also bear in mind, in the next generation of consoles or two, we'll probably be able to download all these "rare" titles anyway and those who paid £60-70 will mostly regret it.

Now if only I hadn't traded in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, will I ever learn? At least i finished that one.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:13 pm

pratty if your £20 was reasonable then my £12 must have been a bargin.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:pratty if your £20 was reasonable then my £12 must have been a bargin.
Yeah I'd say so, you lucky devil you.

I say reasonable compared to the silly prices some people want and will pay.

Poor nesmaster must be sick with envy by now, sorry nesmaster.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 am

Guess i`d be taking the proverbial if i said i own BOTH the DC and GC versions, but never finished either. :oops:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:57 am

I have got it but I'm a little indifferent about trading, unless you can inspire with what games you wanna offer.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

James A

Post by James A » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:41 am

thevulture wrote:Guess i`d be taking the proverbial if i said i own BOTH the DC and GC versions, but never finished either. :oops:
Join the club. Got quite a way into the DC version and came to a point were the random battles became to much. I keep meaning to come fire up the GC version as there isn't supposed to be as many.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:31 am

It was the random battles that got me too, and that was on the Gamecube version, that and the fact that I had played about 30 hours without any ending in sight, I guess I thought I'd never finish it so i gave up on it.

I'm glad I gave it another go as it does have an awesome, epic story.

Also as you get stronger the ramdom battles aren't as bad as you can vanquish most enemies in just one round, and the more battles you win the stronger you get for when you do face someone tougher.

Wizpot

Post by Wizpot » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 am

I LOVED it, lost months to it, was gutted when the space station blew, hadn't searched every where & thought i could go back ....!
By the time i got to the end i had levelled so much it was a no-contest ! ..... still love it though.
Woulnd't mind the GC version just to what the 'extras bits' are all about (though i doubt i could be botthered). :roll:
If it's not nailed down it's Mine ... If I can pry it loose it's not nailed down ... .. ~Wiz~ 1966-NOW

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Always looking for friends on XBOX LIVE .. Request with Retro G

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:40 am

The random battles on DC version became too much for myself, even had a guide in front of me so i knew where i had to go, yet to get from A-to-B just became and endurance fest.Picked up the GC version later as i heard battles were less, but again, frustration soon replaced enjoyment and now both versions sit untouched.Crying shame as game has so much going for it.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm

The random battles killed what was a lovely game. I played it for ages and just couldn't take it any more and I have completed loads of J-rpgs.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:09 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:pratty if your £20 was reasonable then my £12 must have been a bargin.
Yep. Shinobi off of this very forum sold me his copy of GC Skies Of Arcadia Legends for £12 literally only a couple of months back. Have yet to give it a proper go but I spent 75+ hours playing through the DC version (which I still have) from beginning to end and loved it.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!