RCM Gaming Event / Open Day - October 31st 2010

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Re: RCM Gaming Event / Open Day - October 31st 2010

Post by SirClive » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:02 pm

My first RCM today. Was good fun. Playing Manic Miner on a ZX81 in hi-res was the highlight :)

Won a football signed by the Leicester City team too. Not sure what to do with it, but a prize is a prize!

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Just got back & seeing the usual suspects + Sir Clive & boggyb.
Filecore + 18 students crashed into the scene.
It's been a great gaming day + a lot of computers/consoles & marble madness cab :D

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Had a great day out as usual. Won a GBA in the raffle.
It was great meeting the usual people! Looking forward to the next one!

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Really enjoyed it too ^^

Won myself a Worms game on the Wii through the raffle, and Mark won the Bomberman competition and came home with a lovely modded gold RCM Gamecube plus loads of accessories.

Great to have finally played Marble Madness on the arcade too. That was pretty hard with the trackball !

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 pm

My son Alex and I made the 300 mile round trip ans it was def worth it. Great to see everybody as usual, and actually play some games.. ;)

Andy and the RCM group really put on a great event, only thing was no Warlords and no Sensi.. :(

Look forward to the weekender next May..

Cheers

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

muguk

Post by muguk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Some of the highlights for me were:

. I was on the door and some bloke walked in with his two sons (one late teens/early 20s and nipper, about 10) and the only reason he'd brought the younger one was because his kid had seen an olde worlde phone in his Dad's shed that required proper dialing on it and was gobsmacked when it worked. So a wise move from the Dad there to show his kid where it had all began.

. Picking up my Amiga 4000 after it'd been looked at and fixed by the RCM crew. Handed over the extra large RAM/SCSI board to Imnogeek from the Amibay lot to see if he can see why it causes the A4000 to not boot if it's included.

. being served my rear-end on one of the Gran Turismos by BoggyB's kid . OK, I can't stand and am also crap at racing games, but I spent more time spinning around in circles than going around the lap.

. a sober SirClive (mush be shome mishtake, hic!) :)

. And the best bit *by far* for me was not winning my own booby prize for being the worst Bomberman player in the tournament - this was helped by me not taking a booby prize just in case :)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:51 pm

muguk wrote: being served my rear-end on one of the Gran Turismos by BoggyB's kid . OK, I can't stand and am also crap at racing games, but I spent more time spinning around in circles than going around the lap.
He gave me a kicking too. Though when I talked him into choosing the bog standard Ford Ka as it was the same class as the Renault Clio Sport that I had chosen I understandably took that one :twisted:
muguk wrote: a sober SirClive (mush be shome mishtake, hic!) :))
It is my new spiritual lifestyle. I have given up sex, drugs and rock n roll and put myself on the path to enlightenment.

muguk

Post by muguk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

SirClive wrote:
muguk wrote: a sober SirClive (mush be shome mishtake, hic!) :))
It is my new spiritual lifestyle. I have given up sex, drugs and rock n roll and put myself on the path to enlightenment.
I'll believe that when I *don't* see you anywhere near the bar @ R3play because you're too busy wandering around going 'Ohmmmmmm' :)

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm

muguk wrote: . being served my rear-end on one of the Gran Turismos by BoggyB's kid . OK, I can't stand and am also crap at racing games, but I spent more time spinning around in circles than going around the lap.

. a sober SirClive (mush be shome mishtake, hic!) :)

:)
Sorry about that Mike, he handed all of us our arses..

Even SirC can be sober when there's a combination of having to drive and no alcohol available at the venue.. :)

Thanks again for the CD's, they are great..

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip