Retro Fusion weekend - whats the latest?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mantas

Retro Fusion weekend - whats the latest?

Post by Mantas » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:11 pm

I was just wondering what the latest news is for this. According to RG, the event was in doubt. Has it been cancelled.

merman

Post by merman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:15 pm

It hasn't been cancelled, but it's been downgraded from a "show" to a "meet". There will still be consoles to play on, and retro celebrities to meet.

www.retrofusion.co.uk
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Mantas

Post by Mantas » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:21 pm

So it will be more like Retrovision 5 then.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:24 pm

It'll still be a great couple of days - just as long as peeps dont start turning away..........

Although saying that, with the celebs still attending and a load of retro games to play AND a bar AND loads of us forumites.........

Its going to be fantabulous :D

Mantas - pop over to the RetroFusion forums........

http://www.retrofusion.co.uk/forum/index.php

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:51 pm

I've PM'ed Boyo about a refund a week ago on the Retro Fusion site and am still waiting for a reply back - does anyone have his e-mail address that they could give me?
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:28 pm

Frank Chickens wrote:I've PM'ed Boyo about a refund a week ago on the Retro Fusion site and am still waiting for a reply back - does anyone have his e-mail address that they could give me?
Boyo's currently on holiday...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:58 am

Another question (sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - short on time at the mo):

Now this is a "meet", will there be any arcade cabs and pinball machines? If so, how many?

Frank Chickens

Re:

Post by Frank Chickens » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:40 pm

merman wrote:
Frank Chickens wrote:I've PM'ed Boyo about a refund a week ago on the Retro Fusion site and am still waiting for a reply back - does anyone have his e-mail address that they could give me?
Boyo's currently on holiday...
Thanks for the update. :)
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

boyo

Post by boyo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:46 pm

The RF event as I have mentioned is now a 'meet'. I, amongst others, will be bringing kit along for ppl to play on. There is a projector at the venue that we can use to play gaming competitions. The celebs I have spoken to still want to come.

Jamma+ will not be coming as the logistics of bringing the cabs to the "meet" were too costly, also there will be no pinball tables. I will be bringing my MAME JAMMA cab for ppl to play on.

I encourage others to bring kit and TVs.

I am going to check with the venue tomoz that the the downsizing of the event to a meet is still ok with them as I was getting the venue for free on the assumption that there would be a lot of beer and food purchased.

Gary Whelan, the Galaxian world record holder will be coming. The Oliver Twins, Jon Hare and Archer still said they would come. Mathew Uffindell, Roger Kean, Oli Frey and Franco are going to let me know.

I envisage a good number of tables full of different systems for those who come to play on. The bar will be open. We will hold competitions. So this is a good oppurtunity for forumites to meet and forumites to meet some retro celebs.

I apologise for this not being on the scale of the Retro Ball. I had a baby son born in June (3 kids in total now), I have a new Job which I start tomoz which may mean working away and therefore there is a huge time and priority thing going on in my life at the moment.

This will be a spotaneous get together of like minded ppl in one place having some beer, food and retro gaming!!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Super duper!

I'll still be there.......

What about the rest of you guys???