Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

JetSetWilly

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:41 pm

And it was the last copy in my local WHSmiths. Very chuffed with this. Now I've something to read on the train next Saturday :D
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Got some C batteries, now I can test that alien attacklcd game i own.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Image

And it was the last copy in my local WHSmiths. Very chuffed with this. Now I've something to read on the train next Saturday :D
I too picked that up a few days ago along with Retro volume 3. Was tempted to pick up some dupes and wait for them to start selling for insane prices on ebay :twisted:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Been tempted buy that. Maybe next week

A Bully plush £1
Paprika £5 DVD
Judas Priest - British Steel - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition £5
Been meaning to get the last two for a while (had the album as a MP3 for ages, but like something to look at)

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Just got a wireless x rocker gaming chair, must say it's well comfy and does a great job of making you feel like your sat in an outrun cab with the speakers in the seat

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:14 pm

I bought a few things from Amazon:

Scott Pilgrim vs the World 1, 2 & 3
Batman Year 1
Lost At Sea

Should provide entertainment :3

dste

Post by dste » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:21 pm

I bought Lost at Sea a while ago and really liked it, quite a sweet little book.

Cannot go wrong with Scott Pilgrim.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Rayne wrote:I bought a few things from Amazon:

Scott Pilgrim vs the World 1, 2 & 3
Batman Year 1
Lost At Sea

Should provide entertainment :3
Bought all 6 Scott Pilgrim the other day. Good fun read.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:42 pm

I got yesterday my first Blu-Ray film - Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - 30th Anniversary edition (£10 from Saisnsburys) - pretty excited about watching this film, vaguely remember it but from what I can it seemed pretty good. Have bought Dad a few Blu-Ray films over the past couple of years and this is my first official one of my own :D

Nintendo DS Game Traveller Case with Sonic on the front (£6 - good old Sainsbury's again!) this for when I take my DS to work, have got a sturdy official Nintendo one for at home, but weighs a tonne and have got a limited edition 'Mortal Kombat' one, but am reluctant to open it - I know, I know!

A couple of weeks ago, got a DS Game Broken Sword: The Directors Cut - £13.00, HMV, which is a good game. Formula one game, official 2009 for the PSP - £10.00 from HMV am yet to open to try it, looks good.

Maplin's yesterday - £15.00 for a Electronic Precision Tools kit screw drivers and a Philips head one for £1.00, which looks like it will be pretty handy to have. This is for when I replace my laptop keyboard and hopefully tackle some upgrades too.

3 for £10.00 books at HMV, I got Ben Elton; Popcorn, The Profession of Violence; The Rise and Fall of The Kray Twins and Tobias Wolff; Old School.

From Asda, got my Nephew, who is 9 and AC/DC T-shirt bargain for a £5.00, me some black canvass pump shoes - £6.00 and Pixar: Short Films Collection - £5.00.

Now, before the weeks out have got to pick up two new pairs of glasses and a pair of sunglasses and buy a new mobile as my Samsung has give up after 3 years, as I've got my eye on a Black Berry Pearl, which are around £200 for pay as you go, my 360 save up will be gone.

And, somewhere on that list has been a couple bejewelled themed games for my Mum and couple of Toy Story T-shirts for newphews and Adidas training tops for one of them!
Last edited by rtrgrl78 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:44 pm

djcarlos wrote:Er.....a house.
Am hoping to quote the very same after a viewing coming up on a property, I've been watching.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:22 pm

rtrgrl78 wrote:
djcarlos wrote:Er.....a house.
Am hoping to quote the very same after a viewing coming up on a property, I've been watching.
Good luck! It's pretty cool being a "proprietor" 8)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 pm

This:

I was finally allowed (by the missus) to buy a replacement watch with the insurance money from the burglary. I was surprised the card had any money left on it at all, tbh :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:58 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Image

what is this?

why wasnt it advertised in retro gamer?

wh smiths only have a limited supply of these specials....it would be nice to know in advance...

bad retro gamer.....go to your room ........

i will have a look next week,.,,, but i bet those twat5 at smiths will have sold out...but they will have a billion copies of `build a tiger tank` issue one (99p) (other issues £48.99)

who buys them?

idiots,,,,,,millionaire idiots............tank millionaires..........tigers.......

idiot tigers.......

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Ooh, very nice watch indeed. :D

I posted these images in the wrong forum I suspect (what games/consoles have you bought), so probably best they go here instead.

Image Image

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Body Of Lies - DVD - £3.00 from Asda, Leo DiCaprio is one of my favourite actors.