Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DPrinny

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:33 pm

*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:45 pm

From a dodgy looking market stall that had a table full of maplins gear everything a fiver all new in box.I got a component to HDMI convertor so i can link the original Xbox to TV via HDMI.Also a 3 way HDMI splitter so i don't have to mess behind the TV swapping cables when i want to play xb1/ps4/xbox.Know idea why Samsung only put 2 HDMI slots on my TV the divs.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Bit of event branding
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

lupogtiboy

Post by lupogtiboy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 pm

More LEGO! Lemans racer with the Power Features add-on and got a free LEGO Geoffrie! Bonus!
Its small, its fast, its just gone past! www.clublupo.co.uk

its not a proper job, and you can never go too far

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:35 pm

A new external hard drive as the latest big Windows 10 update has stopped my desktop from recognising the old one.
It's not in Device Manager, Disk Management or anything. Checked the drivers, all the USB ports - nada, nil, zip, zilch, zero.

Thing is, it's still just fine with everything else. So I have now dragged out my slow-as-balls knackered old laptop to transfer everything over to the new drive. All 900 gigs worth. TEN HOURS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:44 pm

I seem to be buying tools

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 am

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Poundland are doing VR headsets... for £4. Despite that betrayal of their values, I still bought one and you know what? It's not that bad!

It fits over my specs and didn't make me feel sick after 10 minutes so a definite thumbs up.

joefish

Post by joefish » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:44 pm

lupogtiboy wrote:More LEGO! Lemans racer with the Power Features add-on and got a free LEGO Geoffrie! Bonus!
That new LEGO Toys'R'Us giraffe is clearly a paedo in a dodgy home-made costume!!! :lol:

Mind you, these elves look like you've walked in on them before they've had a chance to properly dispose of the body...

Image Image

joefish

Post by joefish » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Poundland are doing VR headsets... for £4. Despite that betrayal of their values, I still bought one and you know what? It's not that bad! It fits over my specs and didn't make me feel sick after 10 minutes so a definite thumbs up.
For what? Is that for phones running the Google Cardboard software?

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:26 pm

A new Dali Zensor Vokal centre speaker to replace my ageing Acoustic Energy one. The wife wanted a new AV unit and my old speaker would not fit by it being jut over 1cm to tall.

Carrot007

Post by Carrot007 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Got an RX 470 for my PC.

Frame rate are now over double and I am happy and could even consider going above HD for a monitor.

Used mostly money from my birthday to purchase. Father bought mew a new CPU/Motherboard for birthday so my machine feels modern again!

Feels good!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Was just given a big box of blue rays and DVDs for free of my sister who was given them for free of her Neighbour.. Highlights was the Nightmare on Elm Street box set and Man of Steel blue ray along with several horror films Mum will go through the box and keep what she wants a lot of it was stand up comedy which will go to CEX
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Shinobi wrote:Was just given a big box of blue rays and DVDs for free of my sister who was given them for free of her Neighbour.. Highlights was the Nightmare on Elm Street box set and Man of Steel blue ray along with several horror films Mum will go through the box and keep what she wants a lot of it was stand up comedy which will go to CEX
would you sell the stand up comedy dvds dude? would give you a good price for them