A new fridge freezer

it gave me a chance to glimpse behind the old one after a few years
urgh, no wonder there was a smell from behind it

Some new flyers to ye games night

psj3809

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by psj3809 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:58 am

Been a bit naughty with purchases !

Managed to get a great price on a second hand bartop (One of Pauls Custom Cabs) , its the landscape jamma board, 600 games, many classics.

Then someone told me about the modded X-Boxes you can get, that should be arriving on weds, retro heaven!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:51 am

A leather jacket for a tenner

Just need to find a place that puts designs on them

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Apple Powerbook G4 15" Aluminium bodied laptop. 1.5ghz PowerPC and not a great deal else. It came to me dead as a dodo so a quick strip down revealed the keyboard ribbon (which also carries the power button) was detached. Connected em up and off it went. Came with OSX and OS 9 install disks and all the paperwork (manual etc). I think the charger is a tad iffy and the battery doesn't charge but I shall investigate this in the future. Also needs a RAM boost as it's only rocking 512mb. I have 2GB from my MacBook but annoyingly its a different type (DDR as opposed to DDR2).
£10
Going Solo...................

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:22 am

I Treated myself to a proper chamois leather.Cant be beaten for cleaning the windows imo.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:55 am

Usually I try to avoid food from Poundland
It wasnt very bad

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:47 pm

The Power Rangers Legacy Dragon Dagger, at 80 quid it was somewhat steep but the nostalgia factor won over in the end. It was a close, close call between this and the Saba sword. I'll just have to pick that up next time!

Also picked up a new Real Action Heroes to add to my collection, this time it's Kyoko from Madoka Magica. 2 down, 3 to go :oops:

In addition to all that, I blew an embarassing amount of money on Weiss Schwarz cards. Close to finally having a meta level deck...and I was lucky enough to pull an XR signed Hatsune Miku card. So that was fun.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Rayne wrote:The Power Rangers Legacy Dragon Dagger, at 80 quid it was somewhat steep but the nostalgia factor won over in the end. It was a close, close call between this and the Saba sword. I'll just have to pick that up next time!

I would have loved the Legacy Dragonzord and Megazord but I couldn't justify shelling out on them unfortunately :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:52 pm

^ I still have my originals!! Not too fussed about the original Megazord but I would definitely buy the Legacy Dragonzord. Unfortunately it seems to be £200+ which is just ridiculous.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06 pm

This VCR for £2. This model doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the internet but it looks col and works great.
Going Solo...................

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Decent VHS machine is handy if you have consoles with only RF out and your TV does not accept RF.

I always keep one handy just in case.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:25 pm

I love the old vcrs. If there was one like that in Betamax form that would be a fantastic little machine...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:41 am

Im still after one of those VHS/DVD/Bluray combo units

£200 is way to much

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:03 am

Rayne wrote:^ I still have my originals!! Not too fussed about the original Megazord but I would definitely buy the Legacy Dragonzord. Unfortunately it seems to be £200+ which is just ridiculous.
I dunno...the original Megazord was easily the best and being able to put the Ultrazord together would be nice. Unfortunately, I wasn't a rich or spoiled kid so the only zords I ever had as a child were the Red Dragon Thunderzord (still got that one) and a remote control version of the White Tigerzord. I never had anything to actually combine together :( . The other kids at school had the whole lot, naturally!.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Rayne wrote:^ I still have my originals!! Not too fussed about the original Megazord but I would definitely buy the Legacy Dragonzord. Unfortunately it seems to be £200+ which is just ridiculous.
I dunno...the original Megazord was easily the best and being able to put the Ultrazord together would be nice. Unfortunately, I wasn't a rich or spoiled kid so the only zords I ever had as a child were the Red Dragon Thunderzord (still got that one) and a remote control version of the White Tigerzord. I never had anything to actually combine together :( . The other kids at school had the whole lot, naturally!.

Just for you! Dug it out of the loft and polished it up a bit! Sadly the sword is gone and it's err...well played with :lol: the discolouration and paint chips are real! Still have the Thunder Megazord and Dragonzord but they're so played with they barely stand on their own...maybe those legacy series zords ARE worth picking up :lol: