Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

bensonrad

Re: Your Recent 'Other' Purchases

Post by bensonrad » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:28 pm

woody.cool wrote:Most recent 'other' purchase was for a can of Cherry Coca-Cola at only 55p
They still make that???

in answer to the other post, yep off ebay my hulkster stuff, I really want the yellow Hulk Foam Hand
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:32 pm

bensonrad wrote:
woody.cool wrote:Most recent 'other' purchase was for a can of Cherry Coca-Cola at only 55p
They still make that???
Yes!
It's been around for ages .... never went away.
The branding no longer says Cherry Coke though ..... it's a darker red colour can and says Coca-Cola Cherry on it nowadays.

Cherry Coke .... as it used to look like

Coca-Cola Cherry as it is nowadays!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 pm

i always prefered the origional stripy can!
remember getting one of these for x-mas when i was a nipper!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Picked up two more anime figures! Now I've got the two that I've always wanted, need to find someone that sells cheapy display cases...hopefully someone locally will do them.

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 pm

How much was the Hatsune figurine?

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:How much was the Hatsune figurine?
Better part of 60 quid, not counting shipping :oops:

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Rayne wrote: Better part of 60 quid, not counting shipping :oops:
Okay maybe I won't get one. Though, I have found this which is only £20 inc. P&P and is pretty much what I'd be looking for :D

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:
Rayne wrote: Better part of 60 quid, not counting shipping :oops:
Okay maybe I won't get one. Though, I have found this which is only £20 inc. P&P and is pretty much what I'd be looking for :D
That's cute! :D quite a good price imo

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Rayne wrote:That's cute! :D quite a good price imo
Chances are I'll get it in the coming months, since it's quite cheap. Doesn't look quite as good quality as yours does, though :/ I do prefer your model to that one.

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Figma are good quality and cheapish.

I'm not a fan of the larger models, too much and often don't look right.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:00 pm

A bag of crisps (Space Raders was looking for Transformersnack but they dont sell them) JUST FOR THE PARROT!
Not good for her but a nice treat
One of them rawhide shoes that dogs chew (for the parrot)
bensonrad wrote:Gone a bit of a mad Wrestling spree of recent...
3 old skool WWF bandanas from the eary 90's, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man and Legion of Doom (all still sealed)
a 1990's Hulk Hogan WWF mug
a 1995 WCW UK tour program
a WWF magazine from 1990
Another Hulk Hogan figure

Always on the look out for Hulk Hogan and WCW stuff to add to my boxes in the loft :lol:
Big Daddy>Hogan
Theres a bloke on Grey Mare lane market that has loads of wrestling figures
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:03 pm

A few vinyl purchases.....

Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation "The Enchanter (UNKLE Reconstructions)" 12" (limited to 1000 copies)
UNKLE featuring The Black Angels "Natural Selection" 12" (limited to 1000)
UNKLE "Inside (Future Beat Alliance Remix)" 12" (limited to 300)

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 pm

A Spider-Man costume with built in foam muscles. Sadly for my son not me, he's only 3 but I had to get him an ages 5-7 and it's still a bit snug on him, he's a monster!

Silent Hill and Highlander on DVD (can't get the f*cking CEX labels off the cases, even WD40 won't shift them)

I'm tempted to buy a new LCD TV, I've completely f*cked ours by cleaning it with Windolene, there's all vertical shadowy smears down the screen. I have no intention of consulting my wife before making this purchase.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm

The Mask Seller wrote:
Silent Hill and Highlander on DVD (can't get the f*cking CEX labels off the cases, even WD40 won't shift them)
Take out the inserts and soak the cases in a bowl of warm soapy water. WD40 is an oil so all it really does is make them greasy. 8)
The Mask Seller wrote: I'm tempted to buy a new LCD TV, I've completely f*cked ours by cleaning it with Windolene, there's all vertical shadowy smears down the screen. I have no intention of consulting my wife before making this purchase.
Exactly what I did when I 'needed' one for the games room. There was some shouting but it was already home by then....totally worth it!. :D
You could try getting some of those screenwipe thingies from a PC/Electricals shop though, they might clean it up OK.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Recently I bought a Joytech Control Centre 540c for all my gaming equipment that uses Component Cables (Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2). Got it for £8 from CEX online, and it was practically brand new. All the cables and the remote were still in the plastic wrappers. Only the Plug and unit unpacked, which I guess was because CEX tested it to make sure it worked. These normally retail for around £30-£40 so I was well chuffed.

I was even more chuffed that the Nintendo Wii worked with it. There were loads of reports on the net that the Wii doesn't work with it, with the picture being all cocked up and flickery, but for some reason my works fine and has no problems whatsoever, so double bonus there.

I then bought 2 x Belkin 6 Plug Surge Protectors from Ebay for £7.50 each. Not a bad price at all I think, and unfortunatly I'm one of those people who has 4 plus extension in double block sockets which are in 4 plug extensions, so I thought it's time to wise up and give my equipment a little protection for once. I've got next week off, so it's time to rip everything out and tidy all the cables up.

Lastly I bought some cables. I bought a HDMI cable for my PS3/DVD player after getting sick of switching my one HDMI cable between the two. I also got 2 x iPod sync cables and 2 x Sony Camera/PS controller charger cables. On both my partner has lost them, because she's stupid. At the moment I can't use my PS3 because my controller is dead and I have not cable to charge it, because she took the PS3 cable for the Sony camera when she lost the original one, and then went and lost my PS3 cable. Funny thing is that I'm paying to replace the cables! Go figure.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)