2010/11 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

lanky316

Re: 2010/11 Football Season chat (contains MOTD spoilers)

Post by lanky316 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Forgive me one moment....

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

One is mildly pleased to see Nolongerboro lift the playoff trophy (and give it to the fans, incredible :lol: ) and anticipating a great season in league one.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sun May 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Are you watching Luton Town.........Sheffield Weds/Utd here we come!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Balls... already looking for a new manager. I know Houllier wasn't popular but at least he brought in Darren Bent and probably would have been able to lure a bunch of decent players this summer. All the best, Gerrard!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

west ham sign allardyce...that'll get 'em playing nice football :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm

jdanddiet wrote:west ham sign allardyce...that'll get 'em playing nice football :lol:
I think Sam has a bit of a bad press for his style of footie ; I quite liked Bolton and Blackburn's up-and-at-em approach when opponents have the ball and passing football when they do to have been quite effective. I can see several players leaving the Hammers though through clashes of personality, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing,
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
jdanddiet wrote:west ham sign allardyce...that'll get 'em playing nice football :lol:
I think Sam has a bit of a bad press for his style of footie ; I quite liked Bolton and Blackburn's up-and-at-em approach when opponents have the ball and passing football when they do to have been quite effective. I can see several players leaving the Hammers though through clashes of personality, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing,
6 months tops.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 pm

West Ham have bigger issues - their board. Gold, Sullivan and Brady are the biggest jokes out there - completely small-time. Loved it when they were running Birmingham as they just kept giving us Villa fans countless comedy gems to marvel at week-in and week-out - even now they are at West Ham they're still a superb sideshow to watch.

West Ham fans should hope that the rumoured Fernandes deal has some weight to it.

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm

So unsurprisingly that corrupt useless c*ck Blatter is still in charge. :roll:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 pm

i know a lot of West Ham aren't happy about Allardyce but it could be worse. i more worried we'll go into some form of freefall (like Charlton) and i think we should be okay under him. i'm not convinced we'll push for promotion next year but i'll settle for some consolidation instead.

Hopefully we'll rid of the dead wood and buy some enthusiastic players.

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:48 am

Sureshot wrote:Balls... already looking for a new manager. I know Houllier wasn't popular but at least he brought in Darren Bent and probably would have been able to lure a bunch of decent players this summer. All the best, Gerrard!
Yeah...how tough getting Bent was...offer him a 30k wage rise and a huge fee to Sunderland, only Houllier could have done it!! :P

Glad he is gone...worst managerial appointment we have had since Jo Venglos and very, very, VERY good riddance to him and McCallister.

Linked to Ancellotti (most unlikely but best candidate by far) Hughs (unsure...has a good rep tho) and Martinez (like his philosophy but I think too risky at this point due to the absolute abortion of a season we just had).

Just hope its decided soon...so we can sell Young for a wedge and tell Downing he is going nowhere and he should remember who was paying his wages for 5 months of injury and 5 months of utterly dreadful football!!

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Mark Hughes has resigned as manager of Fulham.

Off to Villa?
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Doesn't look like it. He apparently can't talk to anyone until the end of June, and we need somebody now.

DanWelsh86

Post by DanWelsh86 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:55 pm

I hate to blow my own trumper here. But my little city in South Wales has only gone and been promoted to the Premier league. Although to be frank I was more shocked that Wales won an international game.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:38 am

DanWelsh86 wrote:I hate to blow my own trumper here. But my little city in South Wales has only gone and been promoted to the Premier league. Although to be frank I was more shocked that Wales won an international game.
Congrats on Swansea's promotion.

However, Wales had a full strength squad against the equivalent of Northern Ireland's "C" team, so I wouldn't read too much into it. We had four Irish League players & a lot of the rest haven't even been in the under 21's squad yet! Plus we have Nigel Worthington for a manager. :evil:
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:19 am

^ Shows how bad the oppo has to be for us to win!

And another congrats to Swansea - even though we have our own north/south divide! :P