Dissed by Dudley!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Have you been dissed by Dudley?

Yes. It hurt for days.
13%
No. He knows better than to mess with me...
18%
I can't remember. I probably blanked it out.
23%
The who now?
23%
The who now?
23%

Total votes: 39

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:00 pm

It may have been aimed at Rossi but it was regarding those that left (hence words like "they" and "your friends". I thought you said you were articulate and well educated?).

Regardless of who it was aimed at it was taking the pi$$.

And if it WAS sarcasm it wasn't very good sarcasm.

I know you don't give a damn and that's the problem around here. No respect for other people. Despite the decent chaps that ARE here.

muse hunter

Post by muse hunter » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:05 pm

okay people you all need to take time out and watch a Hugh Grant film, we can all be transported into a world of handsome, well spoken, english, gentlemanly conduct. Hugh Grant films make the world go round and is a definate cure for war and hate.

Tralalalala I love you Hugh Grant, lalalalalalalala Hugh Grant Hugh Grant Hugh Grant, nahnahnahnahnah why are you such as sexy beast Hugh Grant? wahwahwahwahwah!!!!!!! Hugh Grant i love watching your movies, we should all hold hands and watch his movies!!! YEAH!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:25 pm

stigodump wrote:It may have been aimed at Rossi but it was regarding those that left (hence words like "they" and "your friends". I thought you said you were articulate and well educated?).

They is a term used to describe more than one person, and in the post Rossi states several friends(quoting Miner 2049er), not friend in the singular. Therefore my statement is correct. He got involved when he tried to take the censored out of me. So I did the decent thing and gave as good as I got.

Regardless of who it was aimed at it was taking the pi$$.

Yes.Yes it was. Which is what I was aiming to achieve.Yay me.

And if it WAS sarcasm it wasn't very good sarcasm.

I disagree.

I know you don't give a damn and that's the problem around here. No respect for other people. Despite the decent chaps that ARE here.
What do you know? I personally feel I get on with pretty much everyone on here. I even like Muse Hunter now he's stopped posting pics of half naked male celebs. I have respect for everyone who respects me. Simple really.

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:28 pm

muse hunter wrote:okay people you all need to take time out and watch a Hugh Grant film, we can all be transported into a world of handsome, well spoken, english, gentlemanly conduct. Hugh Grant films make the world go round and is a definate cure for war and hate.

Tralalalala I love you Hugh Grant, lalalalalalalala Hugh Grant Hugh Grant Hugh Grant, nahnahnahnahnah why are you such as sexy beast Hugh Grant? wahwahwahwahwah!!!!!!! Hugh Grant i love watching your movies, we should all hold hands and watch his movies!!! YEAH!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!
I watched Mickey Blue Eyes on Film 4 the other week, and I actually enjoyed it!

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Um... ok Muse, old man. I think a bit of therapy is needed... :lol:

As for Stig... Whoa! (And, no, that isn't likening you to a horse being ridden, just in case it is taken out of context) which is actually the problem. Unless we speak in a whiter-then-white manner, comments are being taken out of context. Lighten up. I know where Ginj is coming from and I take no offence by any of it.

I think we would know if anyone was being serious to the extent that hurt was meant. And I do not think that happens. Take a look at the amount of shtick Muse takes. And does Muse take offence? Well, actually, Muse might enjoy it...

Sadly, if all our comments were whiter-than-white it would be rather a quiet forum. Nothing to contest. No fun. No hilarity. We might as well all be automatons working solely from cold logic. How depressing.

I have not seen any intentions to cause a personal uproad on here. Sure, some comments are sometimes a little harsh, but I never feel that they are blatantly offensive to anyone. The 'minorities' may not agree with that but, then again, conforming to 'minorities' ideals is far too politically correct for my, and many others, liking.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:50 pm

I can't believe we've had a 5-page flame topic without someone bashing an Amstrad. What gives?

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:54 pm

I didn't say your statement and usage of the word "they" was incorrect. I was pointing out your insult wasn't just aimed at Rossi but included others (me). So even though you may have wanted to have a go at just Rossi (which is your right to defend yourself) you should have just had a go at Rossi. But you didn't. You had a go at ME as well by saying "they" and one thing I wont take lightly is people taking the pi$$ out of ME. I don't like seeing people do it to others and I certainly don't take it even if it was indirect.

You say you have respect for people who have respect for you. Which is how I behave. So how come you haven't shown ME an ounce of respect here? You take the pi$$ and then show pride in that fact when I pointed it out hence:
Yes.Yes it was. Which is what I was aiming to achieve.Yay me.
I have never had a go at you until you took the pi$$ out of me (again "they" includes me). So where's that respect you where talking about?

stigodump

Re:

Post by stigodump » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Sputryk wrote:Um... ok Muse, old man. I think a bit of therapy is needed... :lol:

As for Stig... Whoa! (And, no, that isn't likening you to a horse being ridden, just in case it is taken out of context) which is actually the problem. Unless we speak in a whiter-then-white manner, comments are being taken out of context. Lighten up. I know where Ginj is coming from and I take no offence by any of it.

I think we would know if anyone was being serious to the extent that hurt was meant. And I do not think that happens. Take a look at the amount of shtick Muse takes. And does Muse take offence? Well, actually, Muse might enjoy it...

Sadly, if all our comments were whiter-than-white it would be rather a quiet forum. Nothing to contest. No fun. No hilarity. We might as well all be automatons working solely from cold logic. How depressing.

I have not seen any intentions to cause a personal uproad on here. Sure, some comments are sometimes a little harsh, but I never feel that they are blatantly offensive to anyone. The 'minorities' may not agree with that but, then again, conforming to 'minorities' ideals is far too politically correct for my, and many others, liking.
I don't mind a bit of fun. I also like a little heated debate from time to time but I draw the line at pi$$taking. Now I've never had a problem with Ginja before but he was ridiculing Rossi and indirectly me (by saying they) and I'm just standing up for myself. His post was ok until I read the last line and THEN I read his previous post and although it wasn't aimed AT me it included me indirectly despite my having nothing bad to say about Ginja before this.

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:14 pm

I have one thing to say....

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE JUST CALM DOWN!!!!

We're all grown men and women here. Lets stop the bitchin' an get back to other more deserving posts
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Randall Flagg wrote:I have one thing to say....

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE JUST CALM DOWN!!!!

We're all grown men and women here. Lets stop the bitchin' an get back to other more deserving posts
Agreed. I'm bored of this now, it's not going to get resolved. I know what I meant and I can't explain any more clearly. Several parts of several posts have obviously casued offence to various members. We can all agree to disagree. Can't we?

We can leave it like that or I can meet you round the back of the playing fields after school.... :D

stigodump

Re:

Post by stigodump » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:48 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:We can all agree to disagree. Can't we?

We can leave it like that or I can meet you round the back of the playing fields after school.... :D
It's not a case of agreeing to disagree it was a case of you taking the pi$$ and me taking offence to it and defending myself which surely I'm entitled to even though I never returned an insult.

Anyway sorry revgiblet for changing the direction of the thread and no worries SirClive, I know what you're saying.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:16 pm

I think the real question is :-

Is Dudley an Amstrad owner?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:21 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:I think the real question is :-

Honest answer?

Yes, I was given one about 3 years ago (A CPC 6128). I also paid the massive sum of £1 for a GX4000 in about 1998. This actually represented a profit for the seller.

However in the 80s I owned a Speccy +2.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:29 pm

Dudley wrote:
paranoid marvin wrote:I think the real question is :-

Honest answer?

Yes, I was given one about 3 years ago (A CPC 6128). I also paid the massive sum of £1 for a GX4000 in about 1998. This actually represented a profit for the seller.

However in the 80s I owned a Speccy +2.
Ah,it's just that I can't remember seeing you post in any of the anti/pro-Amstard 'debates'

P.S. Don't feel like you have to leave the forum Dudley,it would be a duller place without you!
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

roberthazelby

Re:

Post by roberthazelby » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:19 pm

muse hunter wrote:okay people you all need to take time out and watch a Hugh Grant film, we can all be transported into a world of handsome, well spoken, english, gentlemanly conduct. Hugh Grant films make the world go round and is a definate cure for war and hate.

:shock:

Please tell me you're joking.

Hugh Grant is quite possibly one of the worst actors to come out of the UK. His acting skills are extremely limited, and he plays the same character in every ruddy film - an English buffon who is unable to string a sentence together.

I'll get off my high horse now :)
Xbox Live: roberthazelby | The Retro Ranch | The Retro Ranch Blog