Retro Gamer Fantasy Football League 2006/07

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Last Ginja

Re:

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:58 am

Robbo wrote:
The Last Ginja wrote:The Mill carpet, quality, you could do your best impression of Michael jackson in Moonwalker. If you go to The Chase then you deserve to be bored!!! That used to be a great pub before it was Hungry Horse.

As for Ice, it sounds censored, but then it's out of my age group anyway, If I was to go in there the average age would raise to at least 16! :lol:

Apparently, The Labour Club is going to be done up and is being aimed at us early 30 somethings as a hassle free place to go.... We shall see.
"Us early 30 somethings"? :lol: I'm 27! :wink:

I thought the Labour Club was being shut down as the lease expired and was refused renewal by the building's owners? I was under the impression that, like the Anchor Hotel, it was being knocked down to build houses for the Porkers and Eastern European benefits claimers?! :x
Once they've finished on the local entertainment venues, they'll start on the few remaining fields we currently use for playing football on. :x :x :x

As for the Chase, it has it's moments... it's good early in the evening but dies at around 9pm when all the totty buggers off. My mate works behind the bar so it's not all bad... usually have a laugh at times.

The only other place I don't mind going to is the King's Head... for a bit of rock! :twisted:
The guy that owns the Dragon has bought The Labour Club. I like The Kings Head when it has metal "disco" nights it's usually pretty good there then, but they take offence when you ask for some S Club 7!!

I don't mind The Terrier too much, cheap beer and even cheaper women. The Dragon can be okay, The Bridge has gone downhill, and dare I say it The Red Lion is actually not bad, with most of the Porkers being friendly and as we're usually on a crawl and buying lots of drinks they usually give us a free round!! Where else in Thetford does that!!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:39 pm

Whats all this????

This thread is for slagging off Antiriad and general anti-Chelsea banter, not local league footy chit chat!!!!!

Only joking, just wish I knew what the hell you were on about :wink:

Robbo

Re:

Post by Robbo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:20 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:The guy that owns the Dragon has bought The Labour Club. I like The Kings Head when it has metal "disco" nights it's usually pretty good there then, but they take offence when you ask for some S Club 7!!

I don't mind The Terrier too much, cheap beer and even cheaper women. The Dragon can be okay, The Bridge has gone downhill, and dare I say it The Red Lion is actually not bad, with most of the Porkers being friendly and as we're usually on a crawl and buying lots of drinks they usually give us a free round!! Where else in Thetford does that!!
I didn't know Jamie had bought the Labour Club! Blimey that's a big gamble on his part!

At least now I know who it was that requested that rubbish in the King's Head. That really gets my goat coz the git doing the disco played S Club 7, yet I got a rather funny and angry look when I requested a bit of Jason Donovan!!! :evil: You'd get on with my mate "S Club Pittman" :lol:

As for the Red Lion... I miss the old Red Lion before the Porkies took over... "Gunfight at the OK Red Lion" springs to mind with the likes of the Bakers and that beating seven bells of censored out of each other! :lol:

"Those were the days"

PS. sorry SirClive, but without any Prem footy for two weeks we had nothing else to talk about. Only one more day and the Ant bashing can continue! :wink:

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Robbo wrote:PS. sorry SirClive, but without any Prem footy for two weeks we had nothing else to talk about. Only one more day and the Ant bashing can continue! :wink:
No worries mate, I hate these international breaks :evil:

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:15 pm

This time tomorrow Rodney, Ginja United will be top of the league!!

NOT! Anyways here's looking forward to tomorrows matches, COME ON THE CHARLTON!!!!

EDIT:I forgot to swap Berbatov out for McBride.Muppet.

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:28 am

Yo, when are the scores updated? Chelsea, Pompey, Fulham and ManU all did well this weekend, gotta be good for my team. 8)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:10 am

Right, I am back now (in the physical 'I have returned from Glasgow' sense, and also in the 'look at my team climb the table after a sh!t start' sense).

The league table etc has been updated in the first post.

Look out Rich B, I am after your slot!

RB

Post by RB » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:46 pm

You keep your hands off my slot...!

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:02 am

early in the season but I just made a few transfers docking 16 points from my overall total
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:16 am

you know you can make 1 per gameweek free of charge don't you?

bazza6891

Post by bazza6891 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am

:D :D yeeeehaaaah :D :D

45 points in my first week - pity about Jimmy Bullard getting crocked :(
Have had to transfer him out of the squad.

Roll on this weeks fixtures :D

ZeroCipher

Re:

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:02 am

SirClive wrote:you know you can make 1 per gameweek free of charge don't you?
yes and also you can use a wildcard so all transfers are free (only one per season though)

I won a few of these leagues last season, almost a vetran at these sorts of things.

I felt that changes needed to be made now when it didnt matter too much, I'm probably likely to make more along the line but as the players values go up over the season I wanted to get in now.
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Elgin_McQueen

Re:

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:57 pm

ZeroCipher wrote:
SirClive wrote:you know you can make 1 per gameweek free of charge don't you?
yes and also you can use a wildcard so all transfers are free (only one per season though)
I'm so glad you told me this, I thought it was a single transfer was free, not as many as you transfer at the time.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:31 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:I'm so glad you told me this, I thought it was a single transfer was free, not as many as you transfer at the time.
Yes, I used mine in Gameweek 2! Otherwise I would still be languishing at the botttom.

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:17 am

I'm gonna wait till I get a couple of crocked players. I'm thinkng about getting Bobby Zamora in as well the way he is playing.