Weekend Gamer - R.I.P.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Re: Weekend Gamer - R.I.P.

Post by SirClive » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 am

Someone uploaded them to their webspace for us so they are still online somewhere. Just can't remember who.

Just found this, the ill fated wikipedia page... http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/inde ... _at_18:01)

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 am

http://wgtv.ejtstudios.net

they are here, I tried to download one and it worked.
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:27 am

Many thanks for hosting the TV episodes. Might it be possible for someone to make the audio extras available as well? I lost my copies due to a hard drive crash and now find myself wanting to listen to them once again.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:42 pm

I still have them all but I don't have anywhere to upload them to.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Its a real shame we never got Ep11, I know Opa was working on it but I have no idea how far he got
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm

More arcade hunts would have been awesome too :)
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:38 pm

rocky1980 wrote:Its a real shame we never got Ep11, I know Opa was working on it but I have no idea how far he got
Yeah it is a shame. Maybe someone should PM him and see if he fancies doing any more.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:15 pm

SirClive wrote:I still have them all but I don't have anywhere to upload them to.

Got a hotmail account? Use Skydrive. You get 8 gig storage free and you can share files straight from there. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:12 am

nokgod wrote:
SirClive wrote:I still have them all but I don't have anywhere to upload them to.

Got a hotmail account? Use Skydrive. You get 8 gig storage free and you can share files straight from there. :)
How does one do that?

Slick2097

Post by Slick2097 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 am

Gmail / Google Drive is also another solution (5GB free) .. just sign up for a free Gmail account.

Ste.
--
Born from an egg on a mountain top.
RetroPassion - Why not :) ?

3DS FC: 4914 - 4863 - 2799

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 am

as above post really, SirC. Sign up for a Windows live account (hotmail) and you're away.

Here's the link to the download and info page, to see if its what you want/need:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/download

Oh, its 7gig free, not 8 like i originally thought.

Once your stuff is uploaded just make the folder public and anyone can share it.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 am

Ah yes, appears I already have a SkyDrive account. Not at home for a few days though so can't upload yet, but will when I get a chance.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 am

ZeroCipher wrote:More arcade hunts would have been awesome too :)
If anyone has some skill and fancies getting a crew together, we could maybe get a kickstarter going to do a northern arcade tour. We always planned to do a tour of the Yorkshire coast (Scarborough, Bridlington, Whitby etc) or the west coast (Blackpool, southport, Morecambe etc) but alas it never happened.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:28 am

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I totaly missed this the first time around..

I was looking around for something and stumbled upon this chat and I just wanted to say thankyou for all the kind words and fondness you have shown for our little project.
SirClive and I had a lot of fun making both the TV and Radio versions of Weekend Gamer and it's nice to know that people have fond memorys of them.

There is a fabled "lost episode" of Weekend Gamer TV on a back up drive around here somewhere, It is a bit rough and I was angry and had the right hump when I did the editing so it never got released onto the public lol Maybe with a re-edit and a slight adjustment here and there it might be relaseable (is that a word lol)...

Personaly I have had a rough couple of years and during that time my interest in gaming has taken a massive nose dive, I haven't picked a pad of any kind for a long time and the games room is closed, dark and gathering dust....
I hate the way moden gaming is going and have no interest in anything around at the moment..

I have been toying with the idea of getting Volume 3 of Weekend Gamer TV started, I jotted down some ideas on a note pad and started gathering various bits together but nothing else as yet..
I'm sure I have all the Weekend Gamer TV and Audio shows here somewhere so if anyone wants them PM me and I'll sort something out.
Anyway... I just wanted to say Thanks once again :) it's nice to know that people enjoyed the stuff we had a lot of fun making and releasing. Cheers guys 8)

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Glad to here that Opa, I still miss Weekend Gamer
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image