R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

JetSetWilly

Re: R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpo

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:08 pm

meaty70 wrote: Na so such luck
Bugger :(
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

GameLinkSpalding

Post by GameLinkSpalding » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 pm

mohicankid wrote:just like to give my personal run down on this event!
despite some shockingly bad news as i got up on friday, i was determined to get through this weekend and make my contribution count!
after leaving at around 6am me and helensification made the long trip to blackpool, ariving at the venue at about nine, i saw a lot of empty tables, a lot of cabs, and a few people milling about sorting stuff out! after hunting out dave arcadian, and reporting in, and having a slightly animated discussion on the best place to put me, me and helen went for breakfast, then back to the venue! where we mucked in sorting tv's into order of make....then realising that wouldn't work, size and coloure, after putting ALL the monitors on the tables uniformed in size, we were told we had done it wrong, so had to start again! :lol:
after that i just kinda dotted about helping anyone who needed help, all the while, more and more people were turning up to help and more and more items were piling up for the dip!
so it was time to sort out my stall...so with more debate with dave on where i was living for the weekend, i finaly got my way and set up in the corner by the retro gt guys!
wrapping the items was a long, boring and frustrating job....so i mostly left that to helen and Mrs fat trucker! :lol: i did help, and so did ft himself, but any excuse to help elswhere...we took it! sorry girls, but you did say we men were rubbish at wrapping!
whilst we were sorting out the dip fodder, i was half aware of the hall slowly evolving around us, its amaizing how quickly these events take shape, once every body mucks in!
a few of us went to the beefeater for dinner, spent most of the time there making fun of pforson, then back to finnish off!

saturday!
up nice and early, we got to the hall for about 7am then mucked in with all the last minuit prep' back to the hotel for breckie at 9ish, then back to the hall to watch dave have a minni breakdown in prep for the opening of the doors!
the doors opend, the countdown clock started and the.....well the rest of the day is a total blur!
from the minuit we opend untill the close of day i did not seem to stop! i met a ton of people shook a million hands and took a load of cash! i won't mention names, as i will be here all day, but it was nice to breifly, meet you all! :)
i would like to be reminded of the names of the guys who all came down together, you were all in matching black t'shirts with red writing on, i spoke to one of you in length and you told me you were all staff and customers of a gamer friendly shop! you were fantastic and between you must have spent £60 in the first hour at my stall!!
i did manage to meet ian lee, just as he was leaving and shake his hand, tall bugger aint he?
enlisted retro garden into selling sid 80 tickets, whilst i sold raffle tickets! drew the raffle and then before i knew it, it was time to cash up, and take the money to the safe!
can i just say, i have never held so much responsibility in my life than when dave handed me that key, its nice to know he had so much trust in me!
then it was set up time for the sid 80's, bit miffed to have missed the pub quiz, but always happy to help, got a bit carried away on ticket checking though when i was helping on the door, and had to be reminded that it was jeff minter i had accosted for not having a ticket! :oops:
sid 80's done, a bit of a cuffuffle on transport arraingments then off for a curry....that turned into a chineese with boyo, marko' mikeo' resident paul,woody'helen archer and the sid 80 lot, after much censored taking of mike and his juicy bone, it was back to the hotel and bed!

now i would like to echo some of the people here by saying sunday was more relaxed...but it wasn't!
on arriving on sunday, with no breakfast i realised that i had verry little left to put out on my stall for the tombola, and just about 1 load full for the bin....but it was mostly tat, so i grabbed a bin liner and went on the beg! all the stallholders contributed what they could, and i was back in buissiness! it took ages to set up again, so we were actualy turning people away fr the first hour or so, got the tombola opend, wrapped the dip fodder then announced the dip was open....by the time i got back to the stall, i had to announce the dip was closed again it was that busy!
the balloon fighters comp wasnt as busy as i would have liked, but can i just say it was great to see a father and his young son sat side by side playing a game together, and i'm realy glad they won it in the end!
at around 3-3:30 i'd had enough, the stall was empty, so i presented the raffle again then at around 4pm i decided that it was time to play a game (at this point i had played zero games) only to find that the pinball ally had shut shop andthe arcade wall was rammed with punters! :(
so it was a dance off with helensification on dance dance revolution and four player micro machines with resident paul, boggy and ... forgot , sorry...he was wearing red and kept winning!
i had a little go at a few other bits, but was finding it realy hard to get into anything as i was so tired! so i just chilled in my empty corner for a bit!
event closed, back to the safe...again, helped with what we could on the strip down then back to the beef eater for dinner, had a nice quiet meal of soup and mixed grill, hellen had prawn cocktail and chicken in tomato sauce which led to the quote of the weekend "ive had green stuff tomato's and half an hours excersize...what a terrible day!" :lol:
although re reading that, it sounds like i didn't have much fun at all, beleive me i did!
just the little things like having an impromptu dance off with matt by the stage, or taking the mick out of random punters, and having a catch up with all the guys i so verry rarely meet up with, but when i do it feels like we have not been apart!

well that was my run down, you can wake up now! thank you every one for putting up with me, i'll see you next time!
Hi MK the guys in the black T Shirts were all from my shop Game Link. That was the best tombola ever! We just kept winning. And it was great to meet you guys. Arthur is sorry he didnt donate his Flicky Cartridge, he got caught up in all the game playing.

Thanks for the special mention and if yyou are ever in Lincolnshire, come check out the shop, it has Arcade cabs and retro consoles set up to try b4 u buy and loads of retro (as well as modern) gems.

See you at R3play 2011!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:57 pm

felgekarp wrote:I had Nintendo on the phone earlier, I thought maybe I'd won some goodies but they just wanted some feedback on the show...................................I told them it was sh*t!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see meaty's pics of the Kick girls, one of the highlights of the event for me. :)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

I missed Chun-Li from the front I actually thought she was Chinese :shock: Any more pictures just to sette my thoughts? :P
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

ian8bit

Post by ian8bit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Did you get their numbers and if so, could you pass on the one that was dressed as Chun Li to me :D She's quite tasty, actually.
Careful, Akuma might dragon punch you!

uberpixel

Post by uberpixel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Lorfarius wrote:I missed Chun-Li from the front I actually thought she was Chinese :shock: Any more pictures just to sette my thoughts? :P
And mini Ryu might stamp on your bollocks too... :D

R3play Expo by uberpixelphoto, on Flickr

Spector

Post by Spector » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:

Nice to see meaty pics of the Kick girls, one of the highlights of the event for me. :)
Where are these "meaty" pictures of the girls that you speak of? They sound good to me!
The Retro Gaming IRC channel. For people who like Retro and love Gaming. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?chann ... mibbit.net

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Spector wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:

Nice to see meaty pics of the Kick girls, one of the highlights of the event for me. :)
Where are these "meaty" pictures of the girls that you speak of? They sound good to me!
:lol: :lol:

Erm, I meant meaty's pics :oops: On the previous page :)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:55 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
felgekarp wrote:I had Nintendo on the phone earlier, I thought maybe I'd won some goodies but they just wanted some feedback on the show...................................I told them it was sh*t!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see meaty's pics of the Kick girls, one of the highlights of the event for me. :)

Myself , Marcopoloman and my lad give the kick girl on the right a good tonking at Warlords !! :lol:

She must have been roped in , she hadn't a clue !
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

Spector

Post by Spector » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am

sirclive1 wrote: Myself , Marcopoloman and my lad give the kick girl on the right a good tonking at Warlords !! :lol:

She must have been roped in , she hadn't a clue !
First we have suggestions of meaty pictures, and now you're talking about giving one of the girls "a good tonking"??!!
Where's the moderation here, guys?? :mrgreen:
The Retro Gaming IRC channel. For people who like Retro and love Gaming. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?chann ... mibbit.net

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 am

But late on the chippy front here but they were fuckin' raw!

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:04 am

sscott wrote:But late on the chippy front here but they were fuckin' raw!
Undercooked or raw as in cool or whatever the kids are using nowadays :lol: :P
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 am

Meaty's photo needed a little editing to make it more pleasing on the eye...................

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:44 am

GameLinkSpalding wrote:Thanks for the special mention and if yyou are ever in Lincolnshire, come check out the shop, it has Arcade cabs and retro consoles set up to try b4 u buy and loads of retro (as well as modern) gems.

See you at R3play 2011!

actualy thinking of popping on a train one wekend before christmass and taking a little look! you don't get many retro indy's these days, so its worth a journey to take a peek!

just looked at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FEUvkGW ... re=related

looks great! :)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 am

uberpixel wrote:
Lorfarius wrote:I missed Chun-Li from the front I actually thought she was Chinese :shock: Any more pictures just to sette my thoughts? :P
And mini Ryu might stamp on your bollocks too... :D

R3play Expo by uberpixelphoto, on Flickr
Akuma drinks Newkey Brown!