R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ToxieDogg

Re: R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 pm

DPrinny wrote:
SirClive wrote:
resident paul wrote:How about trying VB.
Violet Berlin? Yes we will be contacting her to see if she is interested.
What about some of the girls from bits?
Nah, how about Sarah Rees who used to be on Gamezville?

http://www.sarahrees.co.uk/

The show might have been bloody awful at the best of times, but she knew her stuff (probably one of the only people on the show who did :lol: ) and she's nice to look at. :)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Well im a tightfisted scot so i'll be getting the megabus from perth to preston (£20 return!!!) and then a train/bus from preston to blackpool - probly!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:45 am

hook up with antiriad, he's a seasoned megabus travler and will prob be on the same one...if your coming early!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:28 pm

resident paul wrote:
FatTrucker wrote:Having weighed the options I think we're going to go by Train. A return is going to be between £70 and £80...ish each which is probably about what it would have cost in fuel anyway (full tank each way). The posted journey time is only around 4.5 hours so seems a lot less hassle than coming by car and it doesn't matter how much I have to drink on the Saturday night.

For anyone else travelling up from the Essex/London area the best I've found is from London Euston with a change at Preston to the Pleasure Beach. Anyone finds a more direct one let me know.

WIN!.
Suggest you take the Blackpool north instead of Blackpool south (pleasure beach) because it is much shorter walking distance than the south one.
To the venue or the Premier Inn?. I'll be checking in at the Premier Inn first on the Friday and unless I've got the wrong one the Pleasure Beach looked like a closer station to that?.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 pm

FatTrucker wrote:To the venue or the Premier Inn?
Both!
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Tried to pay, do i have to sign up to that provider???? Thought I could just paypal direct!

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

FatTrucker wrote:
resident paul wrote:
FatTrucker wrote: For anyone else travelling up from the Essex/London area the best I've found is from London Euston with a change at Preston to the Pleasure Beach. Anyone finds a more direct one let me know.

WIN!.
Suggest you take the Blackpool north instead of Blackpool south (pleasure beach) because it is much shorter walking distance than the south one.
To the venue or the Premier Inn?. I'll be checking in at the Premier Inn first on the Friday and unless I've got the wrong one the Pleasure Beach looked like a closer station to that?.
I don't know where the premier in is but the pleasure beach is south of south pier & the venue is a quite a bit from north pier (not called it the golden mile for nothing) + couple of miles on top. The blackpool north is near to north pier.

Arcadian

Post by Arcadian » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 pm

sscott wrote:Tried to pay, do i have to sign up to that provider????
Nope, just use the 'Order Without Opening Account' option. :)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm

FatTrucker wrote:To the venue or the Premier Inn?. I'll be checking in at the Premier Inn first on the Friday and unless I've got the wrong one the Pleasure Beach looked like a closer station to that?.
No, right Pleasure Beach, wrong Premier Inn. You want the Blackpool Bispham one.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

FatTrucker wrote:

Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) is closer to the venue according to Google Maps but according street view the Norbreck is a carpark!!!!! nr the Gynn Pub and Crazy Golf

Premier Inn near the Pleasure Beach is fecking miles outta the way ( back of carparks and beyond.. attached to a pub called the Yeadon Way) and is closer and easier to get to from Blackpool South Train Station.

EDIT Dont eat tea half way through posting see SIr Clives post
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:[Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) is closer to the venue according to Google Maps but according street view the Norbreck is a carpark!!!!! nr the Gynn Pub and Crazy Golf
The Norbreck is still quite a distance from the Gynn Park (it'd take about 20 - 30 mins walk!)
As for the train stations, if you are taking the train, you want to be coming in to Blackpool @ Blackpool NORTH train station ..... NOT the one by the Pleasure Beach (unless you want to walk for miles and miles)

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:53 pm

woody.cool wrote:
Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:[Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) is closer to the venue according to Google Maps but according street view the Norbreck is a carpark!!!!! nr the Gynn Pub and Crazy Golf
The Norbreck is still quite a distance from the Gynn Park (it'd take about 20 - 30 mins walk!)
As for the train stations, if you are taking the train, you want to be coming in to Blackpool @ Blackpool NORTH train station ..... NOT the one by the Pleasure Beach (unless you want to walk for miles and miles)
This I know for real as its past Bispham on the tram

But Google Maps says other wise.. I though was funnyish

Woody do you know if you can use Bus Passes on the Trams?

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:01 pm

After checking the route and stuff we've decided to drive down now anyway. Not specifically intending to buy anything in particular while I'm there but the idea of being stuck in Blackpool with any extra baggage to get back to Essex has made me decide its far better to have the car there just in case.

It also means I can give a lift home to any stragglers that may need one if they are on my route back home.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:Woody do you know if you can use Bus Passes on the Trams?
Not 100% sure tbh, as I never had a bus pass. When I was living (& working) in Blackpool, I just used to use the tram as it was cheaper than using my car at the time :shock:

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 pm

woody.cool wrote:
Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:Woody do you know if you can use Bus Passes on the Trams?
Not 100% sure tbh, as I never had a bus pass. When I was living (& working) in Blackpool, I just used to use the tram as it was cheaper than using my car at the time :shock:
I O hwell will check the net then cheers anyhoo