R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

subzero

Re: R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 am

Jon Hare is usally available for these kind of events, and rob hubbard if you offer him vodka ;)

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 am

Just for entertainment value alone Matthew Smith should be there.

He lives locally and would be a great drinking buddy at night... :lol: :D

He would probably come as long as no Q+A requested of him....

RIK

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:23 am

RetroRik wrote:Just for entertainment value alone Matthew Smith should be there.

He lives locally and would be a great drinking buddy at night... :lol: :D

He would probably come as long as no Q+A requested of him....

RIK
Ok so no asking
"Do you want a drink"

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Just a quick question. I'm in the process of ordering 2 tickets for the event and apparently there's a £10 charge for shipping!.....for 2 tickets?.

Can someone confirm if this is correct and why please?.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 pm

You need to read better matey ;)

You have to select R3PLAY SHIPPING from the drop down. Shipping is £1.50 per order (so £1.50 in total).

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Always been a problem for me!.... :D

Thanks Mate.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 pm

All Done.

Will sort out the payment for the room for you shortly mate as work have confirmed I can have the Friday off!. 8)

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:27 pm

I know its early days yet but when does one think tickets will start being posted oot?

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:59 pm

The first batch will go out by the end of May.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:32 pm

how do you spell w00t?

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

Having weighed the options I think we're going to go by Train. A return is going to be between £70 and £80...ish each which is probably about what it would have cost in fuel anyway (full tank each way). The posted journey time is only around 4.5 hours so seems a lot less hassle than coming by car and it doesn't matter how much I have to drink on the Saturday night.

For anyone else travelling up from the Essex/London area the best I've found is from London Euston with a change at Preston to the Pleasure Beach. Anyone finds a more direct one let me know.

WIN!.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Thinking about using the train - but I cant select that far ahead for prices. Looked at National Express coaches today and it works out as a 12 hour trip with 2 changes and £80 each :shock: On the other hand, car = around £150 in petrol (total round trip) - so a car full of people split between 4 to 6 adults is FAR FAR cheaper!!!
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:04 pm

I am doing a similar journey the other way this Friday. Am going from Halifax to near Maidstone. I was gonna take the train, but as I left it too late the cost was £137, so I am driving. But I would definitely have done the train had it been a reasonable price. Plenty of time for DS/PSP/iPhone gaming while you travel!

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 pm

markopoloman wrote:Thinking about using the train - but I cant select that far ahead for prices. Looked at National Express coaches today and it works out as a 12 hour trip with 2 changes and £80 each :shock: On the other hand, car = around £150 in petrol (total round trip) - so a car full of people split between 4 to 6 adults is FAR FAR cheaper!!!
Yeah I'm basing the prices on the average I can find for travelling at various weekends between now and July (as the National Rail website won't search further than that). Its showing as £78 return or thereabouts.

There must be various services as there's one showing a 10hour journey, one at 5 and a half hours and another at 4 and a half hours.

Going to check it directly with National Rail before I travel. If its a 10 hour+ trip then I might as well drive too, but if its 4 or 5 hours of sleeping and eating from the buffet car then its rails for me.

Looked at Flying (since we're only around half an hour from Gatwick, Southend, Stansted and London City airports)....not one f**king flight to Blackpool airport and back for that weekend. Could go into John Lennon but then its extra cost and hassle having to make a coach/rail transfer.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:17 pm

FatTrucker wrote:Having weighed the options I think we're going to go by Train. A return is going to be between £70 and £80...ish each which is probably about what it would have cost in fuel anyway (full tank each way). The posted journey time is only around 4.5 hours so seems a lot less hassle than coming by car and it doesn't matter how much I have to drink on the Saturday night.

For anyone else travelling up from the Essex/London area the best I've found is from London Euston with a change at Preston to the Pleasure Beach. Anyone finds a more direct one let me know.

WIN!.
Suggest you take the Blackpool north instead of Blackpool south (pleasure beach) because it is much shorter walking distance than the south one.