R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ToxieDogg

Re: R3PLAY 'The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo' - Blackpool

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:41 pm

mohicankid wrote:haha no...if anyone one sees me in a drunken state toddling towards a gregs.....jump on me! :D
I'm more likely to give you an extra couple of quid to get me a couple of them as well :lol:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Any chance we could get Charlie Brooker? I recommend Mohicankid to go speak to his people.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm

sscott wrote:Any chance we could get Charlie Brooker? I recommend Mohicankid to go speak to his people.
Sod that
Lets get Domic Dimond

Ok im probably getting my hopes to high

Partick Moore?

Lets get some reps from EA then abuse them verbally threw out the event

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:19 am

We've been speaking to DD, but he lives in Canada these days and I doubt we can justify the costs to fly him over.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 am

Hi all, first time poster, long time retro freak and reader, really looking forward to this event, first event in FIVE years for me (last event was bitlite/rv in manchester) travelling alone again will be weird but blackpool aint that far from fife :)

Do you think there will be a visual pinball/pinmame setup? its my thing, I been into that for 8 years now, making tables etc...but mind you, if theres gonna be real pinball tables there, then why would we need emulation???!!!! Silly me!!!

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 am

Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:
woody.cool wrote:If you decide to use the Tram quite a bit during your stay, get a discount all day or all week ticket. With one of those, you can use the Tram as much as you like during the period you buy the ticket for (usually a set amount, can't remember prices, but they are well cheap normally)
However, the trams stop running at midnight, so not much good if you're expecting to catch the tram after the clubs kick out!
Syndicate et al are all quite central though non?
Syndicate is a fairly quick walk from the front!
Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:I miss 'Heaven and Hell'!
Bl00dy hell yeah! I loved that club. Used to spend a LOT of time in there when I lived in B'pool. Once the Syndicate got built, I sort of went off 'Heaven and Hell' (I suppose you can have too much of a good thing :? )
There's also Club Sanook (if it's still called that, used to be 'The Waterfront'), a Reflex 80's bar, Flairs (a 70's/80's club) and a few other smaller places (can't remember their names) BUT, if we're all going out in B'pool we must go to Rumours, where all the bar staff serve drinks dressed in only their underwear :D

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 am

subzero wrote:Do you think there will be a visual pinball/pinmame setup? its my thing, I been into that for 8 years now, making tables etc...but mind you, if theres gonna be real pinball tables there, then why would we need emulation???!!!! Silly me!!!
We will certainly be getting some real tables in, but I would quit like to have a pinball 'games' area too with Pinmame, Pinball Fantasies/Dreams/Illusions, Alien/Devil Crush etc. Watch this space :D

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:06 am

SirClive wrote:
subzero wrote:Do you think there will be a visual pinball/pinmame setup? its my thing, I been into that for 8 years now, making tables etc...but mind you, if theres gonna be real pinball tables there, then why would we need emulation???!!!! Silly me!!!
We will certainly be getting some real tables in, but I would quit like to have a pinball 'games' area too with Pinmame, Pinball Fantasies/Dreams/Illusions, Alien/Devil Crush etc. Watch this space :D
Well, I'm quite happy to supply an Amiga (or more) running the usual Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions malarkey ..... I usually have them installed on my Amiga's hard drive anyway, as they are favourites of mine.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:08 am

if theres a pinmame area, I hope they'll be running some of my table recreations :)

pforson

Post by pforson » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 am

SirClive wrote:but I would quit like to have a pinball 'games' area too with Pinmame, Pinball Fantasies/Dreams/Illusions, Alien/Devil Crush etc. Watch this space :D
Gotta have Epic Pinball as well. Its well brilliant.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 am

SirClive wrote:We've been speaking to DD, but he lives in Canada these days and I doubt we can justify the costs to fly him over.
How about trying VB.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 am

resident paul wrote:How about trying VB.
Violet Berlin? Yes we will be contacting her to see if she is interested.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 am

how about Kelly Brook (lol)

she'd help sell a few tickets ;)

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:48 am

pforson wrote:
SirClive wrote:but I would quit like to have a pinball 'games' area too with Pinmame, Pinball Fantasies/Dreams/Illusions, Alien/Devil Crush etc. Watch this space :D
Gotta have Epic Pinball as well. Its well brilliant.
+1

@Woody.. Depending on where people stay surely syndicrap wont be too far from everyone, hop skip and jump from Winter Gardens and the bar accross the road whose name I cant remember

Shame places like Madigans (sp?), Edwards and so on have long gone. Club Sanook thats the downstairs bar in the centre of town?

The Counting House was a cracking pub and the Tapas Bar ( introuduce me to Jagermeister in Test Tubes a long time beofree it became popular to drink it like that) around the corner just up from where funny girls was as was the one across the road (from the Counting House) before it kept getting changed there was Yates ( until it burnt down ) to split it up as well.

Not been out in Blackpool for a long while but done it several times waiting for Blackpool North Train Station to open for the Manchester Airport Train is always good :)

Heaven and Hell was the only place I knew in the front that had a good mix of locals and tourists .. the moisture dripping off the wall in HELL was good times indeed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 am

SirClive wrote:
resident paul wrote:How about trying VB.
Violet Berlin? Yes we will be contacting her to see if she is interested.
What about some of the girls from bits?

Ok we might need to even it out with some well known gamer blokes

Ant and Dec?
Ok maybe not as they are busy Saturdays and will be hogging the Wii and are dicks