w00p

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ZeroCipher

w00p

Post by ZeroCipher » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am

Just set up my subscription, no more leaving the office at lunch to track a copy down!
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:18 am

Cool.

I see the new issue of Retro Gamer is in Sainsburys in Exeter (Pinhoe store). It was easy to see too. Good way of getting new readers me thinks.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

bolda

Post by bolda » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:14 pm

Yep, I noticed it in my local Sainsbury's (Shirley, Solihul). Makes no difference to me as a subber, but welcoming to see it in a big supermarket alongside more main-stream games mags. Can only be a good thing. :D
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:43 pm

The fact that Sainsbury's are now selling Retro Gamer is a joy to me because it means that I now don't have to go out of where I live to grab a copy!

Plus, it's only just up the road where I live, and I work there part-time too!

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:38 pm

I've not seen RG in my local Sainsburys yet (Torquay) or the Taunton store.

Still to see that its started selling in Sainsburys is promising.

Rob
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? - Guybrush Threepwood

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:34 pm

I guess it depends on the size of the store and what sells in your local area. Most WHSmith stores around here sell Retro Gamer, including the tiny one in Fleet, and our local Sainsbury's (a pretty large one) stocks it, as does the utterly gargantuan Tesco, located in a place somewhat ironically called "The Meadows" (well, it was before you built two whacking great big supermarkets there, thoughtless naming committee).
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:38 am

My town's (Farnham) WH Smith has it but its accross the other side from my office and I'm a lazy git!

But now it will be delivered to my door, giving the task of walking to someone else! :D
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Tapey297

Post by Tapey297 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:10 am

My Local Tesco (stevenage) used to sell it until a couple of months ago now they don't. Obviously I was the only one buying it.