gamesâ„¢ is looking for unique and unusual retro collections

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Ash

gamesâ„¢ is looking for unique and unusual retro collections

Post by Ash » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 am

Hi guys,

As you'll find out in the next issue of gamesâ„¢, I'm now in charge of the Retro section and, as such, I'll be making a few small changes here and there.

One of my first changes is to update the Ultimate Collection feature so that instead of just showcasing the largest collection possible it will try to cover different sorts of games collections every month.

Perhaps you have a complete collection of Vectrex games and hardware or maybe you only collect super-hero games. Whatever it is, please get in touch with me by PM or email and I'll consider the collection for inclusion.

I'm also very interested in showing off anybody's coin-op collection. If you have a large collection of working arcade cabinets then gamesâ„¢ would be very pleased to feature them as soon as possible.

Ash

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:42 am

Next month: "The Ultimate Hentai Collector" :P

Good luck with it Ash. Nice to see it under a solo command again, I get the feeling from this month's issue that Darran was getting a bit stretched doing multiple mags.

And more cabs is good, I agree.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

roberthazelby

Post by roberthazelby » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:57 am

I'd just like to echo Antiriad's comments, and wish you the best of luck.

I'm really pleased that once again this section is going to have a dedicated person at the helm.

Now, any chance of a 'Sorcery' article? I've been badgering Darran for a couple of years for him to cover this Amstrad title, but he's yet to break down and do it ;)

Rob (who owned a Speccy back in the day, but saw screenshots of the Amstrad version in a 1985 issue of 'Your Computer' and thought it looked the most lovely thing ever)
Xbox Live: roberthazelby | The Retro Ranch | The Retro Ranch Blog

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:29 am

I got a couple of cabs...?

Shaun.Bebbington

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 pm

I suppose my retro collection is both unique and unusual... but I'm probably going to sell most of it :P great!

Regards,

Shaun.
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis