Eurocon 2010 - September 3-5

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

flicky

Re: Eurocon 2010 - September 3-5

Post by flicky » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:52 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:16-player Faceball???
:D

Sixteen Game Boys with sixteen Faceball cartridges - is it too early to start planning next year's eight-player Slime World Lynx link-up fun?

Yep :)

One of the German attendees (Jens) is bringing 16 Faceball cartridges plus link up cables.

We just need attendees to bring 16 original Gameboys + batteries to make it happen - should be very cool. We've starting a list on the Eurocon forum, so if anyone can help us get to 16 machines that would be cool.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I have one original Game Boy, and a Pocket, a Light and a "Color" - would they be useful?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

flicky

Post by flicky » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:12 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:I have one original Game Boy, and a Pocket, a Light and a "Color" - would they be useful?

Great - I will check which can be used with the link cables and get back to you.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:30 am

I've got an original brick Gameboy and a GBC here if need be.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:14 am

I will have an original brick Gameboy by the sept so I will bring that if needed :)

ColinD

Post by ColinD » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 pm

I've just bought a Wall Mount Scramble Machine for R3play, and Arcadian will be picking it up.... If I get a chance to sort it I may bring it along and we can stick it on a table against a wall or at the end of the Bar or whatever.... ... Looks like a Tall Bar Top Machine crossed with a Jukebox.... I'll try to get the 16 in 1 Galaxian Multigame running in it.....

Cheers, ColinD

flicky

Post by flicky » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:54 pm

ColinD wrote:I've just bought a Wall Mount Scramble Machine for R3play, and Arcadian will be picking it up.... If I get a chance to sort it I may bring it along and we can stick it on a table against a wall or at the end of the Bar or whatever.... ... Looks like a Tall Bar Top Machine crossed with a Jukebox.... I'll try to get the 16 in 1 Galaxian Multigame running in it.....

Cheers, ColinD
ColinD wrote:I've just bought a Wall Mount Scramble Machine for R3play, and Arcadian will be picking it up.... If I get a chance to sort it I may bring it along and we can stick it on a table against a wall or at the end of the Bar or whatever.... ... Looks like a Tall Bar Top Machine crossed with a Jukebox.... I'll try to get the 16 in 1 Galaxian Multigame running in it.....

Cheers, ColinD
Hey Colin, sounds great! You might want to check with the landlord Gareth before you bring it along if it's very large though.

flicky

Post by flicky » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

flicky wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:I have one original Game Boy, and a Pocket, a Light and a "Color" - would they be useful?

Great - I will check which can be used with the link cables and get back to you.
Thanks to everyone who has said they can bring machines along.

I've checked which types of Gameboy will be suitable, and the cables we have are for the original Gameboy only .. so please only bring those along.

In the next few days I will put together a composite list of everyone on here and other forums who has said they can help, and post it on the Eurocon forum so we can see where we're up to in terms of machines.

On the Eurocon site soon will be news of the gaming competitions, including a special one sponsored by the pub :)

The Master

Post by The Master » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:17 pm

flicky wrote:You might want to check with the landlord Gareth before you bring it along if it's very large though.
Fnarr fnarr
Honk honk
K-woo! K-woo!
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

flicky

Post by flicky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Just posted details of the gaming competitions happening at Eurocon at http://www.eurocon.info - do check it out.

Also includes details of prizes - one of the contests is sponsored by the Lass O'Gowrie pub - prize: a gallon of beer :)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 pm

flicky wrote:Just posted details of the gaming competitions happening at Eurocon at http://www.eurocon.info - do check it out.

Also includes details of prizes - one of the contests is sponsored by the Lass O'Gowrie pub - prize: a gallon of beer :)
I should win that as it would be easy to get home for me or I could take it in instalments

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 am

"Control Alt Delete" Show... What's that all about then?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

flicky

Post by flicky » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:58 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:"Control Alt Delete" Show... What's that all about then?
It's a show by a stand up comedian - who is an ex computer programmer - called Dan Willis (http://www.danwillis.net/). This was a suggestion by the landlord at the Lass O'Gowrie actually, he saw the ctrl-alt-del show at a festival and thinks we'll love it. So we booked him :)

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 am

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:"Control Alt Delete" Show... What's that all about then?
More info about this here http://www.danwillis.net/

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 am

I've just received a press invite to the Dead Rising 2 pre-launch party from Capcom. It's on the 4th September. I've also been sort of invited on a 'business' trip to L.A maybe. Of course both of these will be getting turned down in favour of drinking beer in Manchester and talking crap about old games for 3 days :)