The most disgusting drink..

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

boggyb68

Re: The most disgusting drink..

Post by boggyb68 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 am

Looks like my other half has thrown the Unicum out... probably for the best... ;)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm

James A wrote:
Havantgottaclue wrote:Duvel is great stuff ... just tucking into one right now in fact. (Yes I do have work tomorrow but I don't care).
Isn't it about 9%? Rough stuff from what i can remember from a messy trip to Brussels. Seem to remember Juplier and Elephant Beer being quite nice though
Nearly - it's 8.5%. I tend to like strong beers though - things like Fosters just taste like water to me.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Looks like my other half has thrown the Unicum out... probably for the best... ;)

B.
Well, with the last 3 letters of that name, I can see why. Was it an off-white colour, per chance? :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 pm

boggyb68 wrote:Looks like my other half has thrown the Unicum out... probably for the best... ;)

B.
Probably, but a shame nonetheless.

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm

James A wrote: Isn't it about 9%? Rough stuff from what i can remember from a messy trip to Brussels. Seem to remember Juplier and Elephant Beer being quite nice though
9% is still okay-ish :p our basic heavy ales are probably around 10-11, at least 2 widely available ones are 12 and my personal top 2 clock in at 10 and 11.4 :mrgreen:

Jupiler's my second favorite widely available lager, I prefer Cristal but that never made it across the pond. "Elephant Beer" is probably Delirium Tremens, the one in the white-colored bottle. It's rather okay I guess, named after the pub in Brussels that has 1,200 beers on the menu. Impressive feat, too bad it sucks a hard one pub-wise and it's full of bloody Brits, I mean tourists :p

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:17 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:

B.
Well, with the last 3 letters of that name, I can see why. Was it an off-white colour, per chance? :lol:
That's Baileys you're on about.. :)

I think we all bought a bottle for the comedy (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) name tbh... :)
Mire Mare wrote:
Probably, but a shame nonetheless.
I def want to try some now though...might have to head back to Hungary... ;)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

vanhelsing

Post by vanhelsing » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:25 pm

warm flat lager

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:35 pm

reminds me of Baileys, anyone tried this......

Half a glass of baileys topped up with lemoade!?!? if done right it curdle the baileys but once you scoop the "crap" out your essential left with a baileys flavoured moose/desert thing.

My mate used to love it, I used to wretch in the corner...
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"