The most disgusting drink..

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sureshot

Re: The most disgusting drink..

Post by Sureshot » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:25 am

Probably Grappa, might as well be drinking paintstripper. I heave just at the thought of it.

As for soft drinks, that accolade easily goes to sugar-free Red Bull. Utterly disgusting.

stvd

Post by stvd » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 am

ToxieDogg wrote:Becks :(

I know it has it's fans on here but I honestly can't stand the stuff :(
Yep, that as well!

Also, my brother had a bottle of whisky called "Stag's Breath".
I don't know if 'disgusting' would be the way to describe it but it was extremely strong. :shock:

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

Red Bull and all its cheap knock-offs takes the cake for me. Smells like cough medicine and if my mum just opens a can to wake up in the morning the whole bloody house pongs to high heaven.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 am

Dennoman wrote:Red Bull and all its cheap knock-offs takes the cake for me. Smells like cough medicine and if my mum just opens a can to wake up in the morning the whole bloody house pongs to high heaven.
You can't knock Monster though - you just can't. Love it.

Worst energy drink? Try the likes of Boost (litre for around 50p says it all), a Euroshopper energy drink (Ugh...) or the vile Rockstar Energy Cola.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 am

JazzFunk wrote:Advocaat. Basically an eggy version of Baileys, but with a phlegmy aftertaste. Gosh, I got to go gip. :mrgreen:
Lol, then you've just had a crappy brand or something :p

Advocaat is basically supposed to be a custard-type pudding made from eggs yoaks, sugar and pure alcohol. If it's liquid and can in any way be classified as a drink, then it's cheap censored.
I remember my mum fondly telling the tale of my nan whipping up a fresh batch of advocaat on the weekends :) she'd have to get the pure ethanol from the pharmacy, brilliant :mrgreen:

That reminds me: Chinese yaojiu (medicinal wine) is easily the single most revolting thing I've ever tasted. It's supposed to be one of the healthiest things you can ever drink, but it tasted accordingly :mrgreen:
Guess the Chinese realised that when they came up with the saying "good medicine is bitter to the mouth" :p

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 am

I have a bottle of Unicum at home, got on a visit to Budapest.. never had the nerve to open it... :)

For me Whiskey/Whisky is the drink that I find to be like the urine of the last leper in hell.. :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am

Whoever said Gin I agree with. It's the only alcoholic drink I really cannot stand. Gives me a heeadche, it's so vile I can't even get pissed off it.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:55 am

boggyb68 wrote:I have a bottle of Unicum at home, got on a visit to Budapest.. never had the nerve to open it... :)
Open it boggy. Open it, drink it and then tell us how it raped your palate like a homoerotic Giant Haystacks on poppers and ecstasy through a Men Only Club. Or perhaps not.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 am

GIN = worst drink ever ....... it's vile

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:55 am

Wine. Any wine. Piss.

I hate the stuff. And if were going somewhere, say, to a friends house for dinner and I think, "oh, better take a bottle of wine" then I have always picked a bottle that says stuff like "fruity" or "sweet" so that I might just have a chance of enjoying it, and yet every single bottle tastes the same. Like vinegar.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Ive drank a few vile liquids from furr-rimmed cups
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

James A

Post by James A » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Its either got to be Duvall beer from Begium or Spar Own Brand Super Strength Beer. That Spar stuff was about 12%, i don't know if they do it any more but christ it was worse than Tennants super strength, so bad i don't think the tramps even touched it

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Sunny D! not alcohol I know but makes me gag!
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Mire Mare wrote:
Open it boggy. Open it, drink it and then tell us how it raped your palate like a homoerotic Giant Haystacks on poppers and ecstasy through a Men Only Club. Or perhaps not.
As you've put it so nicely... I might open it later and experience the taste... ;)
C=Style wrote:Whoever said Gin I agree with. It's the only alcoholic drink I really cannot stand. Gives me a heeadche, it's so vile I can't even get pissed off it.
woody.cool wrote:GIN = worst drink ever ....... it's vile
I used to think that, but it was the tonic I couldn't stand.. put Gin in with Orange juice and it's fine... same with Vodka.. take away the tonic, replace with Red Bull and it's all good...
Bub&Bob wrote:Ive drank a few vile liquids from furr-rimmed cups
Well, we all like drinking from THOSE cups.. don't matter too much what the liquid tastes like.. ;)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Alcoholic I'd go with whiskey and cider. Vile, vile drinks!

Non-alcoholic I'd say tea & coffee. Ugh.