The most disgusting drink..

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Angry Jock

Re: The most disgusting drink..

Post by The Angry Jock » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm

I overdosed on Vodka back in the day, turns my stomach now :(
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Sputryk wrote:Any and all alcoholic drinks other than whiskey/bourbon and sake/atsukan. Can't understand the pleasure of drinking something that tastes censored-weak and/or wretched, giving no long-lasting and satisfying after taste. Give me a damn fine dram or a plentiful sakazuki anyday.

No doubt some of you are wondering what the hell a sakazuki is. It's a small, flat dish that sake (or, indeed, and preferably for me, the heated variety atsukan) is traditionally imbibed from. And if anyone cares to try, you'll find that atsukan gets into your system far faster than anything else you have probably had and in no time at all can leave you absolutely plastered without even trying. I haven't let myself suffer such ignominity but have certainly been witness to it happening.
Overheat sake and all you'll get is the smell ethyl alcohol invading your airways.

A Japanese friend of mine told me that in Japan warmed sake is for 2 things: 1. to warm you up on a cold winter evening. 2. To make bad sake palatable! Order sake as atsukan in Japan in summer and be prepared for funny looks. Order a good sake as atsukan in Japan in summer and be prepared for funny looks and derogatory Gaijin insults! My friend prefers his sake hiyashi.

Still, to each their own!

Edit: Just reread your post. There's no co2 in sake so it's unlikely to enter the blood stream faster than drinks, with the same abv, that do due to a slower absorption rate.
Last edited by Mire Mare on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Gravel.....a shot of baileys, followed by some lemon juice and then mix it around in your mouth...... :lol:

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 pm

clarance wrote:All drink is lovely.
Try Unicum and then let your mantra be "All drink is lovely"! *sip* "All drink is lovely" *sip* "All drink is lovely" *sip* A YT clip of you doing this would be extra special.
The Master wrote:I want some of that Unicum now.
Should you ever get the chance and try it I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts Master.

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm

The only drink that makes me physically gag is the Whisky/ Tequila 'cocktail' I had a while back.
It hits you in the back of the throat and presses your gag reflex instantly. How two normally palatable drinks mix together and create this abomination is a wonder to me, but it is truly awful stuff.

The Master

Post by The Master » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Mire Mare wrote:
The Master wrote:I want some of that Unicum now.
Should you ever get the chance and try it I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts Master.
I think you made it up. Uni, cum? Come on... ;)

Prove me wrong by sending me some through the post, and I'll happily oblige :twisted:
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Advocaat. Basically an eggy version of Baileys, but with a phlegmy aftertaste. Gosh, I got to go gip. :mrgreen:

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Bombay Sapphire is the most revolting thing I've ever drunk, although I must admit I've not tried Unicum.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Havantgottaclue wrote:Bombay Sapphire is the most revolting thing I've ever drunk
Just add tonic water!

clarance

Post by clarance » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Mire Mare wrote:
clarance wrote:All drink is lovely.
Try Unicum and then let your mantra be "All drink is lovely"! *sip* "All drink is lovely" *sip* "All drink is lovely" *sip* A YT clip of you doing this would be extra special.
I will be asking my Hungarian associates for some Unicum then - If they hit me I'm holding you responsible Mare...
Death may be your Santa Claus.

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:I overdosed on Vodka back in the day, turns my stomach now :(
I did the same with a 40oz bottle of Bacardi! :(

The only time I've drank it. Ended up with an overnight stay in hospital!!!!!!!

Still, I was the talk of the school! :)

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Actually, even worse than Bombay Sapphire might be that bottle of very cheap whisky called "Canadian Gold" that I drunk. Rough as a badger's arse, it was.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Becks :(

I know it has it's fans on here but I honestly can't stand the stuff :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

JazzFunk wrote:^Well, if it's a minority, there's at least two of us. :wink:
Me three. I can only drink lager if it's got some lemonade in it.

I did make a concoction of a drink up at an ex-gf's birthday about 11 years ago. Consisted of:
Coke
Pineapple Juice
Malibu
JD
Orange Juice
Milk :shock: (don't ask!)
Lemonade
Vodka

It's what was left, basically It looked like a glass full of runny poo, so we christened it...

The Stool Sample. Managed to dare someone to drink it. It cost me a bloody fiver though. Me and my stupid bets! :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Are we counting soft drinks as well? Because this is foul stuff:

And then there's Grass Jelly Soda:
Couldn't even bring myself to swallow this one, had to spit it out onto the pavement. Loads of black globs of jelly in it, sickening, yes!

In a pub we used to frequent, if you got everyone in your group to put a pound into an empty pint glass and took it to the bar, they'd do you a "dirty pint" - which was basically a bit of everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). Beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks, the lot. Usually the ouzo overpowered everything else.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.