Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:08 am

Dudley wrote:SANTA ISN'T REAL.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

BWAH!
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:23 am

This must be a joke

Everytime someone offers him some advice (get one from gamestation - gamestation arent open on a sunday) (get one from a store in london - not allowed to travel there) he has a poor excuse for everything.

For 20 quid he wants someone to drive over and show him the NES ! I mean its only 20 quid ! Probably cost most people in petrol that to get there !

Must be a total wind up and i cant believe someones bothering to create this user id and joke like this.

Hes 16 not 11 years old. Cant believe his parents wont either write a cheque so he can get the NES or let him have an ebay account.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:14 am

My parents will write a cheque and I wasnt Intending for anyone to drive any where, I was going to pick it up myself, I have taken some of the advice and tried some shops of which I have found a few on the internet with stock. As with the London side of things I am allowed to go but just don't know the place that well and being not exsactly a small place it is very easy to get lost there. As with the jokes about my punctuation, please dont. I thought forums are where people are meant to be nice to each other not gang up on some other poor sod and take the mickey.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:29 am

So why cant your parents open up an ebay account and keep the password to themselves (in case you run amok on ebay !) and bid on a NES ?

Or have a look on ebay, find someone selling it with a buy it now for the price you want to pay and get one of your friends with an ebay account to contact him to say 'my friend would like to buy this off you for 20 pounds but hasnt got an ebay account' and send him the cheque

I've bought quite a few things from buyers who i found on ebay but bought direct from.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:33 am

Well my parents refuse to use ebay after somone hacked his account so its not the case of me spending all their money and only one of my mates has an ebay account and he said I could only spend up to £10 so I cant get a NES through that however my parents are allowing me to get one through an Internet site as long as it allows cheques and postal orders

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:55 am

psj3809 wrote:So why cant your parents open up an ebay account and keep the password to themselves (in case you run amok on ebay !) and bid on a NES ?
I would say that is none of your business! The guy has stated his position, tried a few of the suggestions, but people just keep trying to force him down the ebay route (including lying about his age!!!). This forum is usually a little more patient.
If you can't help then why not either say so or don't post?

I'm suprised the mods haven't asked people to be a little nicer :roll:

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:59 am

Thanks SirClive

Elgin_McQueen

Re:

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:21 am

Sega2006 wrote:I thought forums are where people are meant to be nice to each other not gang up on some other poor sod and take the mickey.

Nah as you've found out, forun's are mainly made up of regular people who are afraid of new things and people, so are in fact very well set up to take the censored and harass poor folk who only need some help.

My main point would be, if you can't or don't wanna help this guy, stop posting in this thread. Unless you're gonnabe nice about it. :)
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 am

I'm just pleased there's a sixteen year old who's interested enough in retro to try and get his greasy hands on an NES.

I can't help with the problem, but amongst all the unnecessary comments there's some good advice in this thread. However, I've been a bit suprised at how much some of us have laid into Sega2006. It doesn't do our reputation any good.

We're really a great bunch on this forum - although we can be pedantic about punctuation and our use of the English language - as you have experienced. I'm as bad as anybody, but I hope you don't hold it against me.

Anyway, I hope you stick around Sega2006. What makes you want to get an NES?
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:53 am

Well a friend of mine said he used to have one and said he liked it alot so when the nes classics games came out I gave them a try. I thought they were great games but also thought that the machine would be to exspensive for me to afford as I'd tried to buy other old games machines and couldn't afford to pay for them. Then recently I saw retro gamer and thought I would buy it as it had a feture on outrun a particular favorite of mine. I was reading through and got to the price list section and saw the NES valued at around £20 so I looked it up and found an emulator to decide if I really liked the NES. After Playing for a while I decided that a NES would be a cool change form Sega machines for a while

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:15 pm

Sega2006 wrote: As with the jokes about my punctuation, please dont. I thought forums are where people are meant to be nice to each other not gang up on some other poor sod and take the mickey.
That's the spirit. Your last few posts are making up ground, you're starting to come across much better now :D
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:16 pm

Thanks

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:58 pm

welcome aboard sega 2006!

sofar...we have covered for the lad..

Car boot sales...
Ebay.....*Ducks*
Various Internet sites...

errr

Anywhere else?

have you asked any of your friends...i have found the odd gem of retro goodness lying about at friends houses....(Atari 2600 for a fiver....) they dont want them...and would prob be gald you offered to take them off your hands...

(I got a silver ps2, 10 games mint condition for £50 the other day)
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:30 pm

Haven't we mentioned charity shops?

I know it can be embarrassing for a teenager to even know someone who walked past one once, but they can be goldmines.

Most of mine just turn up the odd game here and there, but one of the Oxfams round our way stocks all sorts of electrical stuff and semi-regularly get in Mega Drives and the like.

If you've any charity shops at all nearby, its worth nipping in every couple of days to see what's new. You can't leave it too long between visits as there are plenty of others on the lookout for this stuff. Prices have gone up in the last year or two but you can still pick up bargains.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:59 pm

See now don't you all feel that little bit better for being nice :wink:

Come on, group hug