Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpiffierRabbit

Re: The Star Wars thread

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Captain Solo on Hoth when he cuts the Taun Taun
Imperial Officer gives Luke's Lightsaber to Vader on Return of the Jedi
General Grievous has numerous lightsabers
Does R2 hiding the lightsaber on Jedi count?
When Luke is given Anakins Lighsaber by Obi Wan on New Hope he isn't a Jedi
You also have the Younglings, as well, as they cannot be classed as Jedi yet as they never finished their training. Fact.
Plus, Luke in ESB in his face off against Vader, as he wasn't techinically a Jedi either, as Vader says.
Also missing someone else!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Captain Solo on Hoth when he cuts the Taun Taun
Imperial Officer gives Luke's Lightsaber to Vader on Return of the Jedi
General Grievous has numerous lightsabers
Does R2 hiding the lightsaber on Jedi count?
When Luke is given Anakins Lighsaber by Obi Wan on New Hope he isn't a Jedi
You also have the Younglings, as well, as they cannot be classed as Jedi yet as they never finished their training. Fact.
Plus, Luke in ESB in his face off against Vader, as he wasn't techinically a Jedi either, as Vader says.
Also missing someone else!
Damn you, Spiffy :lol:
Clone Trooper Commander Cody in Revenge of the Sith
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:07 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Damn you, Spiffy :lol:
the force is strong with you, a powerful sith you will become! :D

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Damn you, Spiffy :lol:
the force is strong with you, a powerful sith you will become! :D
Thank you, my master :D
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Cammy

Post by Cammy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:52 pm

I see that some of you guys read the Star Wars Expanded Universe novels as well, me too :) I haven't got too many of the newer ones, but I branched out into the Dark Horse comics as well and I have a couple of boxes full of those as well as all the novels on this shelf. Oh, and the reason there are no Star Wars figures on the shelf is because at one point I had my whole bedroom dedicated to Star Wars and it was all in there, along with my Darth Vader Queen bed blanket and pillows, but I have packed them in a box temporarily so we can get rid of this carpet. Anyway, here are my novels, behind the extremely messy assortment of action figures (sorry about those) on the top three shelves:

And here's my friend Ryu and I having our photo taken with Ray Park (Darth Maul)!!! I have also met in person David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett), Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), and a few other actors from the Star Wars films.

Sorry for the small, old photo.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

I've just bought quite a bit of Star Wars lego off a friend of mine. Slave 1, Desert SKiff, last Duel 1, Lukes Landspeeder and a fair few others. Wasn't that cheap, but it's all still boxed and half of it never opened. It shall go nicely in my games room!

And i've just checked how much they're worth on ebay. Bejesus, I feel like i've ripped the guy off!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I've got a few of the mini kits that I've made up somewhere. Wouldn't mind the Death Star, but at £100, I don't think so. MInd you, can you imagine that, beside an AT-AT Walker and the Star Destroyer? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D indeed!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:56 pm

The mate i bought the lego off of has the original death star (all these toys seem to be the first wave of the star wars lego stuff). He doesnt want to sell. I've just checked E-bay and realised why! (300 quid +).

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Space_turnip wrote:The mate i bought the lego off of has the original death star (all these toys seem to be the first wave of the star wars lego stuff). He doesnt want to sell. I've just checked E-bay and realised why! (300 quid +).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HOW MUCH????

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Space_turnip wrote:The mate i bought the lego off of has the original death star (all these toys seem to be the first wave of the star wars lego stuff). He doesnt want to sell. I've just checked E-bay and realised why! (300 quid +).
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: HOW MUCH????
Apparantly not as much as i said. I think I was still in shock over the price of the ones I bought :lol:
But still:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lego-Star-Wars-De ... 2304fba780

260 quid isn't small change.

It does look bloody insanely cool though. Insanely cool!

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Looks awesome, makes me think about getting the transformers death star thing (Turns into Darth Vader if I remember correctly).

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 am

Cammy wrote:I see that some of you guys read the Star Wars Expanded Universe novels as well, me too :) I haven't got too many of the newer ones, but I branched out into the Dark Horse comics as well
Yep loving the graphic novels, really adds to all the original films and gives them more depth.

Search for 'star wars omnibus' on Amazon, great set of compilations from Dark Horse.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Cammy wrote:I see that some of you guys read the Star Wars Expanded Universe novels as well, me too :) I haven't got too many of the newer ones, but I branched out into the Dark Horse comics as well and I have a couple of boxes full of those as well as all the novels on this shelf. Oh, and the reason there are no Star Wars figures on the shelf is because at one point I had my whole bedroom dedicated to Star Wars and it was all in there, along with my Darth Vader Queen bed blanket and pillows, but I have packed them in a box temporarily so we can get rid of this carpet. Anyway, here are my novels, behind the extremely messy assortment of action figures (sorry about those) on the top three shelves:

And here's my friend Ryu and I having our photo taken with Ray Park (Darth Maul)!!! I have also met in person David Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett), Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), and a few other actors from the Star Wars films.

Sorry for the small, old photo.
Seeing your Lady Demon and Jade figures brings back memory's.. I used to own Purgatory and Lady Death figures myself but gave them to my friend Btw what is the Valkryie called I know Astraroth killed her in the Oddessy.. The same friend had all my Lady Death comics but somehow manage to ruin lose most of them
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Romulous

Post by Romulous » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Just thought i would post some pics of some of my Star Wars collection, gave me an excuse to go into the forbidden loft :shock:

Setup the imagebucket account real quick, so not sure if i have done it correct.

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad23 ... g&newest=1
Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.

Romulous

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Romulous wrote:Just thought i would post some pics of some of my Star Wars collection, gave me an excuse to go into the forbidden loft :shock:

Setup the imagebucket account real quick, so not sure if i have done it correct.

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad23 ... g&newest=1
nice collection! :D