The Star Wars thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ALK

Re: The Star Wars thread

Post by ALK » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Might be down to contracts with Sky, since they tend to show tons of Disney movies and even have dedicated movie channels with Disney content. Believe they put up a fuss when WWE first tried to launch their Network in the UK at the same price as America, but it got delayed and had the price pushed up to £9.99.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Antiriad2097

Re: The Star Wars thread

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:46 am

Disney have been pulling their content from various providers over the last couple of years in preparation for launching their service, so I doubt it's that.

It may just be a phased rollout to iron out any issues and avoid overload. Can you imagine trying to deal with a global rollout of a subscription streaming service? It'd be horrendous.

Still, it's a big delay for consumers.

Mandalorian episode 1 was very good, episode 2 less so, getting a bit silly and childish at times. It has a very 'wild west' vibe, and that's reflected very much in the music which isn't like the typical Star Wars themes at all.

Not sure why they have them never removing helmets, since it's well documented that isn't (or wasn't) the case during The Clone Wars. A steal from Clint's 'man with no name' I think, and it'll be handy if they ever need to recast the lead role.

Nice to see Dave Filoni in the director's chair, though I suspect that may be where some of the silliness comes from.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.