Game tried ripping me off

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

James A

Post by James A » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:19 pm

Yeah the UK version of Suikoden sells very well. I sold a copy for £62 a couple of weeks ago.

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:32 pm

James A wrote:Its not just the 360 thing that people at Gamestation clear up on. I know for a fact that a person that works in the trade in section at a gamestation near me rakes it in by putting to one side all the retro titles that go for good money on ebay.
That's at least slightly different though. They're obligied by the company to respect the preorder chain and to not reserve a new item for more than a week.

With the preowned stuff, if they buy it within the reservation period that's fine.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Dudley

Re: game ripoff merchants?

Post by Dudley » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:33 pm

virtvic wrote:Game are a bit dodgy. I noticed that they were trying to sell the Zelda Gamecube freebie (with the 4 games on it, released with one of the 'cube bundles) for £25! I nipped down to gamestation, who ALWAYS do decent deals for me, and told them about it, and asked if they had any. They were shocked that game were trying to actually SELL one. They gave me one for free! Just as Nintendo originally intended. A celebration of Zelda.
GAME are legally allowed to resell it as a traded in item. They do have Nintendos permission.

Honestly I'm surprised GS still had one. I've still got 2 myself (they sent 4 to a GAME owned store I worked at that didn't sell the cube at all)
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com