Off to Australia, need your help!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Emperor Fossil

Re: Off to Australia, need your help!

Post by Emperor Fossil » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:14 pm

andyjfletch wrote:Oh and my mates are going to lend me their car (eep) any ideas where i could goto for my 2 week trip if i get bored of Sydney?...
err... New Zealand maybe?

Might get a bit wet on the way though. ;)

The thing with Australia is that although there's plenty of stuff to see, it's so frickin big that you can easily lose days just travelling from one tourist attraction to the next.

Mind you, if you were keen you could go on a road trip up the coast to Byron Bay. It's a popular tourist/backpacker destination. There's nothing particularly spectacular there in terms of sightseeing, though it is quite a scenic location (most eastern point of Aus). But the main thing is that its popularity has given it a bit of a party vibe with lots of festivals and drinking and people getting laid and all that. The fact that it's so popular also means there are a range of tourist activities - whale watching, white water kayaking... the kind of things that you can do in the day and then go party at night. Plus on the road trip itself you'd pass through some nice coastal towns.
oli_lar wrote:My Brother used to live near Bondi. I think he spent most of the time surfing :lol:
And the rest of the time checking out the babes? ;)

andyjfletch

Post by andyjfletch » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 am

its too bad Byron Bay is sooooooooo far away though. Its something stupid like 20 hours in the car right?
Enjoy your death

My for sale/trade stuff http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... 87#p393887

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 am

Nah, it's only about a 9 or 10 hour drive... it's a bit under 800km.