I don't think I want to go to my local ASDA.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Videogameboy

Re: I don't think I want to go to my local ASDA.

Post by Videogameboy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:05 am

Elgin_McQueen wrote:
"It was made during my day off. I know there is no excuse for my atrocious behaviour and I am truly sorry for what I did back then. I express my profound apologies to Asda and to its staff and customers.

"Words are insufficient to express my regret and remorse.

"I am deeply ashamed of my behaviour and am prepared to suffer any consequences as a result of my inexcusable actions."

Clearly solicitor speak.
never heard of anything like this in the Asda I work at.

It's like McDonald's, I worked there for a while, you always hear the stories about people in burger joints spitting in the food, but it doesn't actually happen.
Its does happen, the worse thing is, is when a manager tells you to sweep the floor and then fix up a burger for a customer - i've seen it happen...
,... however I do understand what you mean that it doesn't happen all the time.
The other thing you find is, people on the till who are handling dirty cash,
again are told to come off the tills and fix up a burger without washing their hands. :( :evil: :?

VGB

takesages

Post by takesages » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:06 am

I was going to say, how in licking a raw chicken in any way good dood?

Yeah, I'm gonna totally stick it to the MAN by licking this chicken and potentially making myself very sick! That'll show them!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 am

the guy filming and anyone else involved should also be strung up for that!

its not so much the damage...becouse asda are insured against idiots like him! its the damage he caused to his fellow workers personal posessions thats disgusting!

why do people think this shits funny?
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 am

ismellicecream wrote: I hope he never gets another job again.
I hope he does, I don't want to pay for his and 5 kids bloody dole.

Videogameboy wrote: The other thing you find is, people on the till who are handling dirty cash,
again are told to come off the tills and fix up a burger without washing their hands. :( :evil: :?
So my burger will have free cocaine in it? win win :lol:

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:32 am

Thats why I shop at Sainsburys :lol:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:39 am

Videogameboy wrote:Its does happen, the worse thing is, is when a manager tells you to sweep the floor and then fix up a burger for a customer - i've seen it happen...
,... however I do understand what you mean that it doesn't happen all the time.
The other thing you find is, people on the till who are handling dirty cash,

VGB
This doesnt worry me really. You cant tell me some old dear whos putting fruit out on display who works for Asda wont wipe her nose or scratch her head for a split second ? How about an indian or chinese restaurant, you dont know if back there they have tons of clean pots etc or the guy hasnt got a cold, some of the chefs you see i cant believe know everything about food and hygiene in the UK when theyve just flown over from Pakistan.

Look at people in general, their hands are the dirtiest part of the body and look how many people shake hands ? I mean when you pop to the loo in a pub, you know tons of people go in there to have a quick 'jimmy riddle' and never wash their hands etc afterwards. Seconds later theyre shaking hands with people when a minute earlier they were holding something else !

Of course its not great but i wouldnt worry too much about things like this. Even if some old dear bought that chicken that idiot licked, i'm sure she'll wash it, season it and then put it in the oven for ages killing most germs. There was that muppet a few months back in Subway who was smearing the lettuce all over his face and pretending to blow his nose in it. Wouldnt stop me from going to Subway.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:04 am

Doesn't worry me at all either. As a nipper, I was exposed to all sorts by my sensible mum who wanted to build up my immune system, and as such I have no allergies (besides cornflour). Even used to go around the playground when I was 7 or 8, eating crisps off the floor!

We used to mess around when I worked in a Spar, everyone does - stuff like shaking up all the beer cans, swapping the labels on Heinz and HP beans, racing around on them little trolleys - harmless stuff, but nothing destructive.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

The Master

Post by The Master » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:05 am

Exposure to a certain level of germs and bacteria is good for us - it helps strengthen immunity. Thus the 3-second floor rule :D

It's the guys shitting in the root beer that concern me more - it happened in my "local" (Hereford) McDonalds some 12 years ago...
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

retroplaytime

Post by retroplaytime » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:19 am

i wouldn't worry bout asda, its them there in tesco that you need to be thinkin about lol. the types of people i've come across in that place, makes you wonder what the selection process for jobs is like. scares the bejesus outta me

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:21 am

Aye, but you have to feel sorry for the Tesco-ites. Had a pal who worked there, and he says they make you clock off if you're going the toilet, and then deduct from your wages every time you drop a can on the floor or something.

He once worked a 90-hour week, and got paid for 30 of them. Not good.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 pm

ismellicecream wrote: :lol: Yeah, I forgot about that - good memory. All I remember from the word was the people kissing grannies and stuff to get on telly, and Mark Lamar interviewing MC Hammer - STOP! Hammertime! :D
Ha, jumping up and down with his hammer pants on, classic!
Splink!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:06 am

As far as that video goes, ive seen far worse.

I wont name names but I worked in a branch of a big supermarket chain, when I was 16 I worked behind the counter in a fast food place and at the factory of one of the worlds biggest chocolate producers and ive seen everything, some of it tame (which I found funny) and some of it horrible (which was sick)