12%
Unlikely
11%

Total votes: 99

SpiffierRabbit

Re: Retro Rewind (Sheffield) April 10th and 11th 2010

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Space_turnip wrote:
SpiffierRabbit wrote: and the 'lift of death"!!!

Is that the lift in the city centre premier inn? That thing freaked me out. It wouldn;t censored open twice and then stopped seemingly mid floor for about 5 minutes :shock:
You would be correct Sir! Me & JetSetWilly poo'd our pants in their! :shock:

filecore

Post by filecore » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Just to echo everyone else really! Great job by Shaun and everyone else who helped and contributed! Great venue, food, folk and systems!
That screen was something else. Every game looked super-good, and good old Holland, Bergkamp and it helped me avenge my Warlords defeat to Boggy by taking the golden joystick for Sensi :)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Frakking great weekend. Great to meet up with you all again and to meet some for the first time (especially Dennonman. What a fucking legend!!), and the Lift of Death...... :lol: I've told a few people about that, and they all laughed.
Bloody enjoyed it though. Hats off to Shaun for a great event.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm

sscott wrote:Ha, the Krusty40 name tag, I was gonna wear that myself and see if anyone assaulted me! :)

I might have put that name on the blank badge :oops: :lol:

Thought about getting my son to use it - but then I realised that he might join Mohicankid in casualty :? :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

markopoloman wrote:
sscott wrote:Ha, the Krusty40 name tag, I was gonna wear that myself and see if anyone assaulted me! :)

I might have put that name on the blank badge :oops: :lol:

Thought about getting my son to use it - but then I realised that he might join Mohicankid in casualty :? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, by the way, really enjoyed the 4-player WiiBomberman!! Bloody good laugh.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah that was great - especially as it was at the end of the Saturday!! Beer + 4 guys playing Bomberman = f*cking good laugh :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Here is my Photo's and Videos....... :) 3 MPixel so larger files than usual.......Sorry.

http://www.retroshak.plus.com/RetroRewind

RIK

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:22 pm

markopoloman wrote:Yeah that was great - especially as it was at the end of the Saturday!! Beer + 4 guys playing Bomberman = f*cking good laugh :D
The next event I got to, I owe you a pint for the JD+coke you got me. And I want my rematch on BM :lol:

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:25 pm

JetSetWilly wrote: The next event I got to, I owe you a pint for the JD+coke you got me. And I want my rematch on BM :lol:
I though jdanddiet wasn't there.... ;)

RIK

flicky

Post by flicky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Just to echo what everyone else has said, huge thanks to Shaun for organizing a great event. Loved the venue, wonderful to see lots of familiar faces and several new people as well. Thanks to everyone who visited my stall, had some nice chats, did some good trades, and I was really pleased to sell so many Eurocon tickets. Lots of good gaming too of course, especially enjoyed playing the shmup on the Neo Geo, and that overhead racing game on the Dreamcast (yes, I am crap at remembering names), and I thought Sensible Soccer looked amazing on the huge screen...
DPrinny wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
DPrinny wrote: Perhaps a idea for a event in the distant future is one that is more focused on selling
I am led to believe that the first day of that Eurocon thing is purely for selling/buying/trading...
But its in a small venue
VERY SMALL!!
The arcade cabs would have to move out before we can move in

There will indeed be a buying/selling/trading session at Eurocon, but on the Saturday (approx 10am-1pm) rather than the Friday. We're keeping it quite short cos we have a lot to pack into the weekend! It will be mainly held in an upstairs room at the pub, so no need to move arcade cabs thankfully. The gaming won't stop while this is happening, lots of machines will be running throughout the weekend.

If anyone wants to visit an event focussed on buying and selling, there is a HUGE one in Germany every year called Retroboerse (http://www.retroboerse.de - German site) which is well worth a visit. They have around 35 different sellers and 300 visitors at each event. Next one is in about a month's time in Bochum.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Just to echo what everyone else has said, huge thanks to Shaun for organizing a great event
...........................................................huge thanks to Shaun for organizing a great event
...........................................................huge thanks to Shaun for organizing a great event
Theres a bit of echo for ya

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Haven't heard form Dennoman I wonder if customs let him through with that Turbo Grafx maybe someone sneaked something inside the cart port before he left :lol:
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

flicky

Post by flicky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Just to echo what everyone else has said, huge thanks to Shaun for organizing a great event
Theres a bit of echo for ya
............. :lol:

pforson

Post by pforson » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Will post more in the morning, but would just like to echo all the nice things everyone has been saying. It was an excellent event and I am very tired.

A few thoughts before I sleep:

Spent too much
Drank too much
Gordons a mentalist
Need more sleep
Micro Machines is still the only game I am king of (although THB is a steely competitor)
Universities are currently teaching our youth to write all information on only one small post-it-note
I still like Tea
The Hawk quite likes God of War
JSW looks like Elvis
Warlords Women > The Penis Game > Everything else

Night night.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

mel the bell

Post by mel the bell » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 pm

YAY finally back on here, damn thing keeps logging me out everytime i click on someat, works in firefox tho so its an opera thing.

anyway had a great weekend...still hazy now :P

just like to say thanks to shaun for a good weekend
thanks to the wossers for meeting me :P
and thanks to the peeps on this forum i was drinking with etc (too many to mention) but some i can remember (sirclive, antiriad, boggy, mohicankid, pforson, jetsetwilly, merman, squigs, martyn carroll) and the belgian dude, dont even know his name tbh lol

been listening to that bands cd that was playing in the forum bar...completely crazy :)

and LOL @ me getting boggy to ask for his beer in german to the poor bar lass :)
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap