Collection all priced up worth more than I thought ...

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nick_h

Collection all priced up worth more than I thought ...

Post by nick_h » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:02 pm

OK.

Over the past few days I've been pricing my collection up. It's taken me hours and hours ! I've only been using ebay but have gone on the prices items have sold for. I've then knocked a few quid off each item hoping for a more realistic valuation.

If the item was not available on ebay I took a realistic punt on what I think the items worth.

I was expecting the total to be around £600-700 which is what I told the Missus.

I was more than a little surprised when the total ended up at £2500 !! :shock:

Do you think it's worth having a go selling it as a job lot on ebay or perhaps approaching a few local game shops ?

Phew !!

Lorfarius

Re: Collection all priced up worth more than I thought ...

Post by Lorfarius » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Selling at a job lot will never bring in the same amount of cash as seperating it all. Best thing to do is pick all the really valuable stuff to sell on their own then do smaller bundles for what you consider the junk or cheaper stuff. Dont bother with game shops either as you will get ripped off big time.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

nick_h

Post by nick_h » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Lorfarius wrote:Selling at a job lot will never bring in the same amount of cash as seperating it all. Best thing to do is pick all the really valuable stuff to sell on their own then do smaller bundles for what you consider the junk or cheaper stuff. Dont bother with game shops either as you will get ripped off big time.
Thanks Lofarius. I might still have a punt on ebay one day with the lot. After all it would only cost me about £8-10 to list. It would be worth that in entertainment value to read the mails I would get :D I need to go through everything and check the non sealed items work OK first. That is going to be a task in itself .....

sumb1else

Post by sumb1else » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:07 pm

I say post a list here and see if there are things out there the rest of us can scavenge for ;) that way we can all avoid all of eBay/paypal's fees!
Mega Man Collection thus far: http://www.capcom-unity.com/sumb1else

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:33 pm

A massive lot won't get anywhere near the ammount of money you deserve, sadly :)

You could try to group them into different lots? Do a megadrive lot, snes lot, etc...that should save on the fees, you could take out the rarer titles and sell them seperately?

nick_h

Post by nick_h » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:45 pm

OK I've finished my list. Anyone interested pm me and i'll foeward it on.