Need some help

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ZeroCipher

Need some help

Post by ZeroCipher » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:05 pm

I have an old home arcade system

It was made by Datel Electronics (The people who bring you such delights as the Action Replay)

But have no record of it as such

if anyone knows anything about it, I would be most gratful as the internet is proving fruitless.

Basically I need a new controller for it
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

roberthazelby

Post by roberthazelby » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:08 pm

I could be wrong here, but are you referring to their Supergun system they released in the very early 90's? It let you run arcade PCBs on your TV.

I was going to get one of these when Datel started advertising them in the mags, but it required a SCART input (fairly unusual at the time) and as none of the TVs in the house had one I couldn't get one.

Let me know if I am/aren't barking up the wrong tree.

Modding a controller as a replacement will be easy. I've modified my Raven Games supergun to use two Dreamcast Arcade sticks.
Xbox Live: roberthazelby | The Retro Ranch | The Retro Ranch Blog

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:45 pm

yeah sounds about right.
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

roberthazelby

Post by roberthazelby » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:37 pm

Err, ok. Some more info would be useful :)

Can you upload some pictures of the unit (so I can refresh my memory as it's been so long since I saw one of these), but can you also show us photos of the connectors for the controllers etc, so we can help you out here.

Swamp us with info and we can assist!
Xbox Live: roberthazelby | The Retro Ranch | The Retro Ranch Blog

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:43 am

Will do, I'll try and get some pics up for the weekend.

Mad Gerald

Post by Mad Gerald » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:27 am

Have you tried contact Datel directly? They may be able to help.

Officially a crap gamer - but one that works for SEGA

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:03 pm

Mad Gerald wrote:Have you tried contact Datel directly? They may be able to help.
Datel are evil :twisted:

I used to like them in the 80's. They made the Action Replay cartridge for the C64 which was brilliant for putting games on 5.25" disk to load in about 5 seconds :D

Then last year the made a crap product that had a known bug that erased your PS2 memory card and they didn't tell anyone. They customers e-mail addresses and kept sending e-mail to us to buy things from them.

I backed up my memory card, and it decided to corrupt it. I told them about it and they didn't seem to care because they still didn't let people know about the fault. I lost my San Andreas save (60 hours of game time), plus my True Crime save.

I hate them with a passion :x

Don't buy a Datel USB Max Drive!

Rant over.

End of thread hi-jack.

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:21 pm

necronom wrote:Don't buy a Datel USB Max Drive!
I have one of those for my Cube. Its ace. I can boot homebrew. I can also boot the N64 emu used for OoT with other game images attached :D

Cube corrupts memory cards anyway without Datel's help, that's why I bought one I can backup after every session.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.