How Many PS1 Games Do You Own?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dam

Re: How Many PS1 Games Do You Own?

Post by Dam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 pm

I've only got about 25ish + about another 10 crap ones that I haven't got rid of yet. I have limited space so I have to favour quality over quantity - my biggest collections are PS2, Megadrive and SNES and these only have about 30-40 games each.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

There's still time for you to get this one...... :wink: (apologies for the shameless plug)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Castlevania-Symph ... 286.c0.m14
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:02 pm

58 PAL PS1 games.

northern_gooner

Post by northern_gooner » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Just been sorting mine out & I have 339 Pal games & 1 US game (not counting duplicates)
My Sega collection, needs & trades :
http://www.freewebs.com/northern-gooner/

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Megamixer wrote:I'd never get rid of my PS1 fighting games either, mainly because people ask silly prices for them on ebay so getting them back (the Capcom ones mostly) would be a pain if I changed my mind.

I was lucky to get both PS1 Darkstalkers games for £12-£15 each when there are crazy £40-£50 bins for either game. I don't play them (the PSP version is the ultimate imo) but I do collect them so I would never let them go.
I remeber very specifically paying a tenner for my mint/comp Darkstalkers 3 and £2 postage.

Is the other game really worth having??
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Roo

Post by Roo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:58 pm

I had over 120 at one point, but many were traded in for a PS2 and a GameCube at the start of the decade. As it stands right now, I have about 30. However I was smart enough to keep Kula World, Klonoa, Parappa, Um Jammer Lammy and the three Point Blank games, amongst some other good PAL stuff.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Roo wrote:I had over 120 at one point, but many were traded in for a PS2 and a GameCube at the start of the decade. As it stands right now, I have about 30. However I was smart enough to keep Kula World, Klonoa, Parappa, Um Jammer Lammy and the three Point Blank games, amongst some other good PAL stuff.
Yeah, tis nice to see that EDGE have done a really awesome feature on Parappa in this months issue. That's a game that I've got, but still not played (yet). Heard the sequel wasn't all that great (Um Jammy Lammy).

I really need to pick up Point Blanc at some point (pun intended)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:08 pm

I picked up that issue of Edge to read in the dentists today having not bought it for a while. Not a bad article.

Not sure I'd agree with your Um Jammer Lammy assessment. Its pretty much the same game with a makeover, its just unfortunate that by being so, it comes across as a bit 'samey' and doesn't quite have the initial catchy hook of "Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind..."

You gotta believe!
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:09 pm

I have about 80 odd pal games and about 20 choice jap and us imports. Castlevania SOTN is still my fave ps1 game.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 pm

gman72 wrote:I have about 80 odd pal games and about 20 choice jap and us imports. Castlevania SOTN is still my fave ps1 game.
i kinda gathered that.... :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Just counted out of interest as i didnt have a clue (although there are stacks of em)

i have 812 pal ps1 games , mostly picked up as genuine releases when the machine was the " in " thing , i hate parting with stuff and very rarely trade in as well.
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I picked up that issue of Edge to read in the dentists today having not bought it for a while. Not a bad article.

Not sure I'd agree with your Um Jammer Lammy assessment. Its pretty much the same game with a makeover, its just unfortunate that by being so, it comes across as a bit 'samey' and doesn't quite have the initial catchy hook of "Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind..."

You gotta believe!
Jesus, you go to a dentists that has mags like EDGE in the waiting room.

That must be an awesome place. Only tat to read at mine are the likes of Hello, OK, Womans Weekly and Cheshire Gardens!

Excuse my ignorance, RE: Um Jammy Lammy, just what I can remember from the few reviews that I'd read, nearer the time of it's release.

takesages

Post by takesages » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 pm

I like Lammy way better than Parrapa. It's like playing Guitar Hero, only fun.

I actually own... 3 PS1 games, which came with my PS2 when I bought it. One is something I've heard of, the others are both helicopter games. I've made no concious effort to pick up any PS1 games, although I do take a look and see if there's anything good when I go shopping. Loads of shop stock them in Soton but any typical batch of 10 PS1 games for sale will consist of 8 FIFA games, and 2 copies of Actua Soccer. It seems like nobobdy in England bought anything but sport games on the PS1 :[

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:46 am

EvilArmourKing wrote:Jesus, you go to a dentists that has mags like EDGE in the waiting room.
No, I went to a newsagent en route for reading material.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

batman877

Post by batman877 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:10 am

Just under 200 PS1 games...

...the ones I don't have (and want) are too expensive (although I do sometimes find a rare one at a car boot!)