Heroes Season 4

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
thl
Posts: 4427
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am

Heroes Season 4

Post by thl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:40 am

The trailer is now available on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDRkk4RTUo

User avatar
The Angry Jock
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: In about it

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Oh no, T-Bag from Prison Break ...
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

User avatar
RetroKingSimon
Posts: 3680
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Ohtori Academy

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I've still only seen the first two episodes of season one :shock:

User avatar
The Angry Jock
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: In about it

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Volume 1: Good
Volume 2: Terrible
Volume 3: Excellent
Volume 4: rubbish

Are we seeing a Star Trek type pattern emerging??

The cheerleader is easily the most annoying person in it, uppity fool, always getting into craaaaazy situations because she thinks she's all mature etc etc ... who gives a toss, I wanna see some madass sheeite.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

User avatar
Smurph
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Co. Antrim
Contact:

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by Smurph » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry, how was season three excellent? No character stayed the same throughout the series, or for two episodes for that matter. It was like it was written by 24 different writers that didn't talk to each other. Plus, that ending (spoiler free, by the way) was unbelievably stupid, and totally un-kick-ass - where there was a fight going on, it was (not) seen from behind a door. Awful. I won't be watching S4, myself. They should have stopped after S1.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

User avatar
Rinoa
Posts: 5046
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by Rinoa » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Ohhh, I'm getting excited already! So when's the big night? :D
Image

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by SirClive » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:47 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:Volume 1: Good
Volume 2: Terrible
Volume 3: Excellent
Volume 4: rubbish

Are we seeing a Star Trek type pattern emerging??

The cheerleader is easily the most annoying person in it, uppity fool, always getting into craaaaazy situations because she thinks she's all mature etc etc ... who gives a toss, I wanna see some madass sheeite.
Season 4 (volume 5) starts on 21st September with a 2 hour special (in the US). Ray Park (Darth Maul) is apparently in this season.

For me it goes...
Vol 1 - Excellent
Vol 2 - Good
Vol 3 - Excellent
Vol 4 - Most Excellent
Image

User avatar
EvilArmourKing
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Mishima Zaibatsu HQ
Contact:

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Smurph wrote:Sorry, how was season three excellent? No character stayed the same throughout the series, or for two episodes for that matter. It was like it was written by 24 different writers that didn't talk to each other. Plus, that ending (spoiler free, by the way) was unbelievably stupid, and totally un-kick-ass - where there was a fight going on, it was (not) seen from behind a door. Awful. I won't be watching S4, myself. They should have stopped after S1.
I'm with you on this one.

To be honest, I only watched season 1 all the way through. Heard and read Season 2 was rather poor, and dipped into a few episodes on Season 3, and just gave up on it. Some of what I saw in Season 3 was laughably silly.

Even the first series was over hyped. Yes it was watchable, but nothing really special. They had gone for an X Files style mythology and character arc for most of the series, and the only two really stand out things about it in general, were Sylar (thanks to Mr. Quinto) and the future episode.

There was so much potential with the source material, yet it sadly never materialised into anything truly remarkable.

Just MY opinion.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

User avatar
The Angry Jock
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: In about it

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Volume 3 was a tight series, lots of pretty dark stuff going on after the nonsensical volume 2. The only bad thing I can remember about the third is the poor oirish accents :lol:

EDIT: thinking about it, was the oirish in Volume 2??
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

User avatar
Katzkatz
Posts: 6984
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Season 1 was great(although the ending was a bit lacklustre, and I read that a few critics thought that as well). The second season was naff(not helped by the writer's strike). Season 3 (the first volume)wasn't bad actually, the second volume had a few moments but I wasn't that impressed with it. I think they should make 1 or 2 more series then call it on Heroes.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests