Heroes Season 4

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thl

Heroes Season 4

Post by thl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:40 am

The trailer is now available on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDRkk4RTUo

The Angry Jock

Re: Heroes Season 4

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Oh no, T-Bag from Prison Break ...
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 pm

I've still only seen the first two episodes of season one :shock:

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Volume 1: Good
Volume 2: Terrible
Volume 3: Excellent
Volume 4: rubbish

Are we seeing a Star Trek type pattern emerging??

The cheerleader is easily the most annoying person in it, uppity fool, always getting into craaaaazy situations because she thinks she's all mature etc etc ... who gives a toss, I wanna see some madass sheeite.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry, how was season three excellent? No character stayed the same throughout the series, or for two episodes for that matter. It was like it was written by 24 different writers that didn't talk to each other. Plus, that ending (spoiler free, by the way) was unbelievably stupid, and totally un-kick-ass - where there was a fight going on, it was (not) seen from behind a door. Awful. I won't be watching S4, myself. They should have stopped after S1.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Ohhh, I'm getting excited already! So when's the big night? :D

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:47 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:Volume 1: Good
Volume 2: Terrible
Volume 3: Excellent
Volume 4: rubbish

Are we seeing a Star Trek type pattern emerging??

The cheerleader is easily the most annoying person in it, uppity fool, always getting into craaaaazy situations because she thinks she's all mature etc etc ... who gives a toss, I wanna see some madass sheeite.
Season 4 (volume 5) starts on 21st September with a 2 hour special (in the US). Ray Park (Darth Maul) is apparently in this season.

For me it goes...
Vol 1 - Excellent
Vol 2 - Good
Vol 3 - Excellent
Vol 4 - Most Excellent

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Smurph wrote:Sorry, how was season three excellent? No character stayed the same throughout the series, or for two episodes for that matter. It was like it was written by 24 different writers that didn't talk to each other. Plus, that ending (spoiler free, by the way) was unbelievably stupid, and totally un-kick-ass - where there was a fight going on, it was (not) seen from behind a door. Awful. I won't be watching S4, myself. They should have stopped after S1.
I'm with you on this one.

To be honest, I only watched season 1 all the way through. Heard and read Season 2 was rather poor, and dipped into a few episodes on Season 3, and just gave up on it. Some of what I saw in Season 3 was laughably silly.

Even the first series was over hyped. Yes it was watchable, but nothing really special. They had gone for an X Files style mythology and character arc for most of the series, and the only two really stand out things about it in general, were Sylar (thanks to Mr. Quinto) and the future episode.

There was so much potential with the source material, yet it sadly never materialised into anything truly remarkable.

Just MY opinion.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Volume 3 was a tight series, lots of pretty dark stuff going on after the nonsensical volume 2. The only bad thing I can remember about the third is the poor oirish accents :lol:

EDIT: thinking about it, was the oirish in Volume 2??
Retropassion reborn

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Season 1 was great(although the ending was a bit lacklustre, and I read that a few critics thought that as well). The second season was naff(not helped by the writer's strike). Season 3 (the first volume)wasn't bad actually, the second volume had a few moments but I wasn't that impressed with it. I think they should make 1 or 2 more series then call it on Heroes.