Pre orders for Wii and PS3 ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 pm

PS3 is gonna be the 3DO all over again. This is where Sony get it all wrong and hand the baton to that Gates dude. And Nintendo will happilly plod along safe in the knowledge that neither MS or Sony care enough about them to try and crush them.

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:14 pm

SirClive wrote:PS3 is gonna be the 3DO all over again. This is where Sony get it all wrong and hand the baton to that Gates dude. And Nintendo will happilly plod along safe in the knowledge that neither MS or Sony care enough about them to try and crush them.
News just in. SirClive joins "The WE'RE WRONG Club".
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Sir Clive... Wrong... its never happened before*

*Except the QL, the C5, the foldaway bike etc. etc. etc.

retro mania

Post by retro mania » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:38 pm

Revgiblet can you please tell me this wednesdays winning lotto numbers as your never wrong only I could do with the extra to put a depoist down on a ps3. All I have to do now is ebay a kidney and I could afford a game for it. :wink:

ToxieDogg

Re:

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:14 pm

hitm4n wrote:
And pre-ordering is insane in the extreme. You queue up for yours and the store hasn't enough. You get to the front and theres none left. Now what will you do ? Go buy at another store ?? What about your dosh ???

Madness.
Oh, I don't know about that. I pre-ordered 2 Nintendo DSs from Gameplay.com last year and received both of them and the games I'd ordered with them a day early, delivered to my door 8)

It'll be interesting to see what happens this Xmas. I'm opting for a Wii first myself, then I may consider an Xbox 360, mainly because I've got a couple of friends who've hooked up to Xbox Live and I want to keep in touch with them a bit more. So far, I don't see the PS3 having any games that are significantly more impressive than the Xbox 360's

What people (mostly the brainwashed zealots) tend to forget, is that it doesn't matter how powerful the console, the quality of the game will only be down to the imagination and experience of the programming team.....and if publishers are planning to release a game on both the Xbox 360 and PS3, then it'll probably be near identical on both platforms.

Unless you really want a Blu-Ray DVD player, then there can't be that much point in wanting to spend over £400 on a PS3 at this moment in time.

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:13 am

My conviction that the PS3 will do all right is based on current PS trends. Look at the PS2 charts. We are not the majority gaming group in this country. If we were then FIFA, Generic Shooter 6 and Buzz wouldn't sit at the top of the charts for 12 weeks while Resident Evil 4 barely makes the top 20.

Sony has absolutely no need to appeal to us to be successful. They just need to appeal to the group that they already own. And I don't think the price is going to put that group off. I say again, look at the charts and the games that top them. Think about who those games appeal to and why they are sitting at the top of the charts every single week. These are people/parents who are spending money month after month.

The PS3 will sell fine. It will sell better than the Wii, which the largest gaming group in this country won't touch because it has a strange controller, you can't get Death Zombie Shooter 4 for it and because it's named The Urine.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:01 pm

I hear what you are saying, but Sony are pricing themselves out of the casual gamer market. Who will want to pay £500 for a machine to play Generic Shooter 7, when the 360 will have an almost identical game and probably be under £250 when the PS3 is launched.

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:34 pm

Sony will win round three. But it will be close. Everybody seems to be underestimating the power of the chav.
"the forum is populated by idiots, and poorly moderated"

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:42 pm

Are chavs that rich?

M.A.G

Post by M.A.G » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:49 pm

They are around my area. They are either drug dealers, pimps or theifs. The realy rich ones are all three.
"the forum is populated by idiots, and poorly moderated"

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:03 pm

M.A.G wrote:They are around my area. They are either drug dealers, pimps or theifs. The realy rich ones are all three.
Good point!

Anyway, this nedds no caption...

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Microsoft have had their fingers burnt once (well singed anyway),and have since learned their lesson

Sony on the other hand , can do no wrong-up to now.

I think perhaps they're more likely to do a Sega than a 3DO
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:37 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:Microsoft have had their fingers burnt once (well singed anyway),and have since learned their lesson
When and when?

X-Box was a huge success, 360 launch was a farce...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:43 pm

I meant with the pricing of the machines
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:10 pm

Why was the 360 launch a farce? The shortages were no worse than those of PS2.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com