GamerBay - The FREE auction site for gamers!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

boyo

GamerBay - The FREE auction site for gamers!

Post by boyo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Ok, so I have been busy beavering away on the new auction site and now I have something I can take live :D

Take a look here : http://www.gamerbay.co.uk and please start using it.

If there are any problems please flag them up here for now. To make this a success I need you guys to start using it and tell your friends.

The only thing there that is currently not working is the the messaging between buyer and seller - I am working on that.

Tbere is no charge in using the site.

Going to put something in the Terms of Reference now.
Last edited by boyo on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grizzly

Re: Gamer Trade Site

Post by Grizzly » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:15 pm

cant use it until cheques/postal orders are made available. looks good though
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

TMR

Re: Gamer Trade Site

Post by TMR » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Gamer trade site... why would anyone want to trade gamers? =-)

Edit: aww. he changed the title of the thread and spoilt a perfectly "good" joke! [comedy sulk]
Last edited by TMR on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

WildWillyWilson

Re: Retro Auction Site

Post by WildWillyWilson » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Looks cool boyo, going to register when got more time. Need to get some sleep now!

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:45 am

Nice one Boyo Sir C. Look forward to using this. What are the registering requirements currently?

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:55 am

Its a really cool idea, but unless you can groom the mods into completely banning sales here, wheres the incentive to use it when theres a 5% fee?

I mean I'm more of a buyer than a seller so it wouldnt affect me (would it?)

Plus here we have a sort of rep/ vetting system via word of mouth and the feedback thread, plus the trust of long term posters. How would this work on gamerbay, bearing in mind, in theory, there will be a lot more once only sellers than regular sellers.

BTW valuable is spelt wrong.

This is just a bit of constructive feedback, so please dont take it as a cynical post. I like the idea and I'll be spreading the word.

EDIT: Maybe you should waive the fee for all existing sales on the off topic forum, just to get a bit of content into the auctions.
EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the email addy for contact ends in .co,uk instead of .co.uk (I'm assuming a comma is invalid??)
EDIT: You're gonna kill me, this is coz I used to be a games tester :lol: The dates are in american format MM/DD/YYYY. Is it possible to localise them?

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:07 am

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

After sleeping on this, I have removed all fees on the site so it's 'free' for all usage. I will look to get some advertising on the site to cover costs if the site takes off.

I am also restricting usage to 'friends' from the Retro Gamer forum and a couple of other forums I frequent for the immediate future to get the site going. Feedback on sellers can still be given in the Retro Gamer forum, there is also a feedback system on the site for each of the users.

1) Maybe you should waive the fee for all existing sales on the off topic forum, just to get a bit of content into the auctions - DONE
2) Sorry, just noticed the email addy for contact ends in .co,uk instead of .co.uk (I'm assuming a comma is invalid??) - DONE
3) You're gonna kill me, this is coz I used to be a games tester The dates are in american format MM/DD/YYYY. Is it possible to localise them? - DONE

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 am

oli_lar wrote:Nice one Boyo Sir C. Look forward to using this. What are the registering requirements currently?

When you register, you will get further menu options to start selling, manage your bids, set-up your profile etc.

As stated above, all usage of the site is FREE.

David

Post by David » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 am

looking good mate.

will it be possible to trade (ie swap stuff) - would you just advertise it as a swap or something?

JetSetWilly

Re: Retro Auction Site - Free, No Charges

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:16 am

About time a retro game only site appeared. Ill definitely be signing up.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:16 am

Looks nice fella ! Great to see this go live

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:17 am

boyo wrote:Thanks for the feedback chaps.

After sleeping on this, I have removed all fees on the site so it's 'free' for all usage. I will look to get some advertising on the site to cover costs if the site takes off.

I am also restricting usage to 'friends' from the Retro Gamer forum and a couple of other forums I frequent for the immediate future to get the site going. Feedback on sellers can still be given in the Retro Gamer forum, there is also a feedback system on the site for each of the users.

1) Maybe you should waive the fee for all existing sales on the off topic forum, just to get a bit of content into the auctions - DONE
2) Sorry, just noticed the email addy for contact ends in .co,uk instead of .co.uk (I'm assuming a comma is invalid??) - DONE
3) You're gonna kill me, this is coz I used to be a games tester The dates are in american format MM/DD/YYYY. Is it possible to localise them? - DONE
While things are taking off, if I buy or sell anything, I would happily pay a voluntary donation to help keep things going, if there was such an option. I'm sure at least a few other people would too.

boyo

Post by boyo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 am

Another great idea Mr Icecream - I will create a Papypal donate button. Up to those using the site then if they want to donate.

I have loads of stuff to put up - I will be doing that over the next few days.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 am

This is fantastic, thanks for your hard work to get this off the ground Boyo.

The site seems to be down at the moment though, but looking forward to joining up. :D
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

The Master

Post by The Master » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 am

Just out of curiousity, where does the "bay" thing come from with these auction sites - what does it actually mean?

Or is it just that eBay started it and everyone followed along?
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip