Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:19 pm

I take multiple doses of Tramadol and Gabapentin each day so what I feel these days mey be different to others, atm its like a constant itching pain now I've reduced the swelling a bit, Backs beating it but I have been bending to sort stuff today.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Today, had to cycle to another bike shop as the local one was closing down to get my bike fixed, I think its back to as it was before it started to break a lot.
I am out of shape, I think my work helped keep me bodily fit, (not mentally)
I also have a "Simple" route I can take, a three mile loop round where I live.
PROJECTS! I need to stop changing my mind on some of them

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:19 pm
I take multiple doses of Tramadol and Gabapentin each day so what I feel these days mey be different to others, atm its like a constant itching pain now I've reduced the swelling a bit, Backs beating it but I have been bending to sort stuff today.
@Sega2006 i had a wisdom tooth pulled out about 15 years ago and it was about 2 inch's long and was pointed at the root end like a big fang. :shock:

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:53 pm

My roots are hooked which is why he couldn't move it, great for the teeth you want to keep but not so great when you want to remove a fractured one or Sideways growing wisdom teeth.

So today was a dud for the projects, Mum moved forward what she had planned for tomorrow night as Brothers working so after I got those effing train sets fixed again it was pretty much sit and watch Christmas movies with a Buffet (before anyone screams its the same household, thanks to injury I'm stuck at home at the grand old age of 30) so not Slot Car racing tomorrow night but will be miniture Pinball, bagatelle and Air Hockey still if I dont say bugger it and crackon with stuff or end up confined to a chair.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Today, mucking about with that Blender program, I made a Snowman, I seem to be getting to grips with it

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 am

After getting dumped on New years day by the woman i was seeing (Never had an argument in 12 months !) and being very gutted and moping about for a few days i got back on the saddle last night and joined a dating app - Plenty of Fish

Jesus ! Its like the Cantina in Star Wars, nutters galore, a few gems but damn so many nutters. Some of the pictures i've seen of 'women'. Oh my ! I'm average looking but some of these pictures, jesus ! You would think you would put a good picture up but no ! Shocking, then you get the Snapchat filter brigade where they use them for their pictures. Its fascinating yet scary in the same way After 1 day i've deactivated my profile, its just crazy ! Problem is even if i found a nice one (chatting to one) you cant meet anyway so who knows how long that'll take !

Again IF you joined one of these apps you would try for a decent picture, some are just rotated round 90 or even 180 degrees ! So many others are just shocking, maybe theyre trying the 'pouty' look but it looks like theyre so fed up. Bizarre evening it was

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:21 am

I think you need to stick with these things, figure out who is genuine and who is fake (plenty of catfish), and after a bit you'll learn the ropes and be able to filter down to people you might actually want to meet. But you're right, now is a crap time for it. Good time maybe just to experiment with the site though, and get some tips on how best to present yourself on there to get positive responses when you do make an approach. I suspect men will far outweigh women there, so you need to stand out.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:16 am

If anything most ive seen will have a ton of slapped on make up and have certain angles to make them look passable.
Like on Instagram.

Today, im going to have to rearrange my shelves as im running out of space for done projects.
Only problem with finishing them is starting new ones
Its also been a year since I last had alcohol

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:20 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:21 am
I think you need to stick with these things, figure out who is genuine and who is fake (plenty of catfish), and after a bit you'll learn the ropes and be able to filter down to people you might actually want to meet. But you're right, now is a crap time for it. Good time maybe just to experiment with the site though, and get some tips on how best to present yourself on there to get positive responses when you do make an approach. I suspect men will far outweigh women there, so you need to stand out.
Its got better to be fair but Plenty of Fish is just crazy. I joined Bumble as well and that was depressing, just nothing ! Got some strange women and blokes !! Realised ahem that i had the setting wrong at the start, said i interseted in men (I somehow thought it meant who i am !) so was quite amusing but thankfully switched it and now its going okay. Honestly i was like damn theres just no one around apart from these nutters, waste of money but realised my mistake ! Amusing

Its quite good chatting to a few which i'm doing as i think that helps before you meet them in person. Should be amusing when that happens ! Its helped get my mind off the ex as i was really gutted about that but time to move on !

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 am

Plenty of Fish is prime example of... you get what you pay for. Met my wife in 2012 on My Single Friend.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:49 am

Used plenty of fish years ago for casual hookups. For that it was excellent. Relationships not so much. Met the wife old school in a Newcastle bar shortly after jacking it in.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Today was the most ironic of days...

I went metal detecting and lost my wedding ring. My hands were cold and wet and I must have accidentally pulled the ring from my finger when removing my muddy glove.

I did find a total of 18p in '70s coins though. ::)
Thoughts and prayers.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 am

Well date 1 wasnt a success. Met her in a park socially distanced and that. She was far larger than her profile pictures showed, bit like the Office Xmas special when Brent meets an online date.

Chatty as anything and i wasnt going to be rude and do a runner but bit miffed she kinda lied about her size as it was obvious her photos were older. Onto the next !

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:02 am

Today, well yesterday, finished another project
Pic
Pic
FUN!! Now I have to start some new things

Edit -
Started fixing parts of my MUGEN bartop
the brezil (SP?) and marquee bugged me, the former was made out of cardboard and s**ty plastic
psj3809 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 am
Well date 1 wasnt a success. Met her in a park socially distanced and that. She was far larger than her profile pictures showed, bit like the Office Xmas special when Brent meets an online date.

Chatty as anything and i wasnt going to be rude and do a runner but bit miffed she kinda lied about her size as it was obvious her photos were older. Onto the next !
Yeah people do that online a lot
9"? Then why is one hand enough...........
(Nowt wrong with larger women, as long as they dont have folds)

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:16 am

lol @folds :lol: :lol:
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!