Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: Today

Post by psj3809 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 am

Yeah its a shame its quiet, it is what you make of it though. How are you doing David ? Things okay for you ?

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:29 am

I think stuff like facebook groups and some of the issues that were going on (was still away myself so can't comment) that claimed most of the regulars.
Watching you sleep since 1990

David

Post by David » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 am
Yeah its a shame its quiet, it is what you make of it though. How are you doing David ? Things okay for you ?
Hi mate glad to see you are still here hope all is well

Yeah all good just had a mega busy few months as have been working throughout almost every day

Basically been work/sleep/work but my wife lost her job so been having to do every bit of overtime available so had no time to even think about gaming

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:40 pm

At least you have a job, even if I cant have a schedule that dont allow me to just switch off.

Today I can see my previous employer is looking for new staff.
I have tried contacting them in the past about what my status is with them with no response. Feck em, there whole "You pick when you work" thing wasn't,
Id be looking but traveling right now is a bit of a prig

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:38 am

We went to the Doggo Beach this Morning.

Later this Afternoon I filmed what I have bought over the last few days.

Going to Work tonight for an hour.

I installed Wolfenstein 2 XBOX One Game as well as I reinstalled the Micro Machines XBOX One Game.

It's currently 35° outside, and it's 5PM!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 am

David wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pm
Hi mate glad to see you are still here hope all is well

Yeah all good just had a mega busy few months as have been working throughout almost every day

Basically been work/sleep/work but my wife lost her job so been having to do every bit of overtime available so had no time to even think about gaming
Things are better now. Had quite a crap 18 months, split with wife, got diabetes, poor dog got put down, got made redundant in September. But turning around now (phew !)

David

Post by David » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 am

Wow sorry to hear that glad things are on the up

On the plus side there an almost guaranteed number 1 country and western song in there waiting to be written

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:20 am

Hahhaa that did make me laugh out loud, very good !

I was gonna say on the plus side i've got my arcade machine all sorted, uses retropie and has TONS of games so every cloud and that !

MattySlug

Re: Today/Yesterday/Last Week...

Post by MattySlug » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 am

I been trying to port my number to another provider it's been so frustrating the whole process. :cry:
The Only reason I am doing this is so we can get a XBOX X This Year... 8)
As the phone provider has done a deal with Microsoft. :?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am

Today after a few weeks the book I ordered arrived

Really got into the story of Last light so decided to see if the book its loosely based on is any good

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Today I had my mandatory phone call check up from the Job centre.
its been rebooked a about 5 times from the last one.
New person so I had to explain my situation again, with the new thing of waiting till this covid smeg is over or a decent vaccine is out so I dont have to work in a facemask.
He suggested "Retraining in IT" as they have courses available, said "Im already qualified in that and have been since 98, but dont want to work in IT as I cant get my head round programming" Also that I cant really do online learning, I get distracted at home way to easily
Computers have changed a we bit since then...............

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Apparently, because I'm old now (over 50) I now qualify for a Flu vaccination - well, according to the woman from the doctors that called today! Never had one before, so something to tick off the list I've not got :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Today, dropped my bike off to be fixed. Hoping they can sort it out, then found out my local Evans cycles is moving in a few weeks

Also sorted out a new TV for my mum, got some of the other members of the family to chip in. The old one is really a old "Teknica" one that is a load of rubbish
It aint a fancy 4k 50odd" blah blah type, would take to long to set up, just a 32" HD Smart TV
Was going to get it delivered to hers under my name to be funny but no idea if she will be in.

Im also finishing more projects.................
the feckin depressed "Whats the point" mood seems to of fecked off again
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm
Apparently, because I'm old now (over 50) I now qualify for a Flu vaccination - well, according to the woman from the doctors that called today! Never had one before, so something to tick off the list I've not got :D
So you are not scared of the Bill Gates 5G tracker they will be jabbing into you?

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:04 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:38 pm
Today, dropped my bike off to be fixed. Hoping they can sort it out, then found out my local Evans cycles is moving in a few weeks

Also sorted out a new TV for my mum, got some of the other members of the family to chip in. The old one is really a old "Teknica" one that is a load of rubbish
It aint a fancy 4k 50odd" blah blah type, would take to long to set up, just a 32" HD Smart TV
Was going to get it delivered to hers under my name to be funny but no idea if she will be in.

Im also finishing more projects.................
the feckin depressed "Whats the point" mood seems to of fecked off again
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm
So you are not scared of the Bill Gates 5G tracker they will be jabbing into you?
This is the normal Flu, not the Batflu.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:56 am

I'm entitled to one too now as I'm an extra special boy, they probably would rather not know my whereabouts tbh.

Getting issues again so have been awake since 6pmish yesterday, little bit of shakes but nothing too servre,my wrist however still seems to want to be given the Evil Dead treatment.
Watching you sleep since 1990