Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Re: Today

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 am

So was I, I was still running 4 hours a week as a cleaner which I'd acctually financially been better off dropping as it took chunk out of the final benifit as with fuel etc it canceled out any extra money, however being that I acctually preferred earning my own money and it was a good reference I stayed running (plus a dam site more moral and reliable), no idea what became of where I was sent as the offices got sold off to someone else and the other training place has been redeveloped into what was meant to be affordable flats but now is luxury flats to appease commuters often as a secondary home to cut their commute.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 am

Yeah ive looked at jobs like that (qualified cleaner and that)
Its really not worth it to travel to the other side of town for a job thats two hours a day for 4 days a week at minimum wage.
Think a bit of a falling is when you check out company reviews and most of them are negative.
Nearly took on a job at the Amazon warehouse till I read up on it

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:22 am
Yeah ive looked at jobs like that (qualified cleaner and that)
Its really not worth it to travel to the other side of town for a job thats two hours a day for 4 days a week at minimum wage.
Think a bit of a falling is when you check out company reviews and most of them are negative.
Nearly took on a job at the Amazon warehouse till I read up on it
Yeah Amazon UK have come under a lot of critisim for working conditions in their warehouses, drivings not to bad though if you can get a license, I acctually kept that cleaning job until I got hurt as I really liked it and it was a good booster but yeah economics come into play with the commute and it's a possibility what happened to me was because of I was working too much (I'd just gone from 4 jobs to 3 and was sometimes running from 6 or 7 in the morning into the early hours of the next morning with very few days off) so multiple jobs arent always and option either.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Today I got a council tax "You have over paid" letter

Nearly £300, Ive learnt how to not spend so im happy to have it sit in my account as more emergency money.

I also yesterday did loads of assessment tests, most of the maths one is stupid ive never had to do a (9-4) 3x19 problem IRL
Same with Algebra, never had to work out what X was unless it was some files...............

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:22 am

Today,
Well the other day I was asked to be a coffin bearer for the guy my mums married To, nearly 25 years, its not Covid he got cancer.
Problem with that is, im taller than most people in the family..........
The thing that bugs me shes been married a few times (last time was about 40 years ago) this was the only time shes actually happy with someone.
They had there last holiday together last week (caravan in Wales, was supposed to be September but they got it moved forward).

Also I flunked out of my mental health first aid coarse as writing about this stuff wasn't a good idea as it made me go on a bit of a downer, a "Its pissing me off break it" downer
On a warehouse and logistics one this week, finding it way easier.

Edit, bit late he died this morning

francisbaud

Post by francisbaud » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Today I spent all my time inside on the computer and nothing special happened.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:46 pm

I melted in the sun......
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Today, the heat can feck off.
Also the monthly check up from the Jobcenter and there was much repeating the same s**t ive been saying for the past day or so.
If I could get a job right now id have one just to stop repeating the same stuff.
I am also worn out mentally

Yesterday, a funeral, wearing a facemask during one is a wholly unpleasant thing.
But first time in a pub for a while, still off the alcohol

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 am

Been quite the 12 months, split with the wife, 18 year old dog had to be put down, got Diabetes. Now the icing on the cake - redundancy ! Quite a good package to be fair, going to go freelance and set up by myself. Bit scary but determined to give it a go, turned down a job in Manchester full time as i just want to see how i do by myself. (gulp)

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:06 am

psj3809 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 am
Been quite the 12 months, split with the wife, 18 year old dog had to be put down, got Diabetes. Now the icing on the cake - redundancy ! Quite a good package to be fair, going to go freelance and set up by myself. Bit scary but determined to give it a go, turned down a job in Manchester full time as i just want to see how i do by myself. (gulp)
Best of luck man and sorry about the rest of it, I can't talk for the rest but I had to go through putting my best mate to sleep back in 2017, I was being made redundant back then too so my Boss let me go to spend some time with him, he'd been on Tramadol a long time from busting ligaments in his legs jumping on sofas (Sausage cross) and it had affected his organs including his heart which had a Murmer for years and resulted in a mild heart attack, in the end he kept fitting and having real rough days so between us and the Vet we decided the nicest thing to do was let him go and we all stayed with him in the room.

merman

Post by merman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:42 am

psj3809 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 am
Tough times, hope things go well
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 am

Cheers, same for you Merman as i know you've had it tough in the past.

Been made redundant 3 times before, nature of my sort of work but its never nice. This one has a half decent payout but its a scary feeling knowing when i get that last pay packet and it has to last ! Worked at home for nearly 14 years so i must admit the loss of my dog was very tough as i was with him throughout the day most days. Anyway doing the networking stuff on Linkedin which is working out okay. Just have to be positive