Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Angry Jock

Re: Today

Post by The Angry Jock » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Joey wrote:This morning I became a dad for the 1st time. Had a boy!

Absolutely amazing and worth the 27 hours of labor my other half had to endure.

Gutted they can't come home tonight though, will be strange leaving them.
I had 27 minutes of labour to endure, that was plenty. I'll maybe see you on BF3 next year...unless you're like me, then I'll see you on BC2 at the weekend;)
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Joey wrote:This morning I became a dad for the 1st time. Had a boy!

Absolutely amazing and worth the 27 hours of labor my other half had to endure.

Gutted they can't come home tonight though, will be strange leaving them.
congrats joey! well done mate (and karine as well of course!)

27 hours bloody hell!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Congratulation to all of your new family, Joey :D you have strange times ahead...... :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks guys just got home from hospital and going straight to sleep. Not been to bed since Sat night, it's amazing what your body can do when it's needed!

We called him Dylan Joseph.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Congratulations Joey on your newborn. Hope you survive the many sleepless nights!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Today was pretty usual day at work, until.......for the last hour my boss boots up Quake 2 on the network and we have an awesome deathmatch between the 5 of us technicians, awesome team building :wink:

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Joey wrote:Thanks guys just got home from hospital and going straight to sleep. Not been to bed since Sat night, it's amazing what your body can do when it's needed!
Man, the day after sprog was born was the tiredest I've ever been. It's only the beginning though :lol:

Today I picked up her grannies Ford Fiesta that she inherited, I can barely fit into the thing. My legs wrap up around the steering wheel and my head is right up against the roof lining...I'm only 5' 8" FFS :lol: On the plus side, the boot is twice as big as the Swift so I can get the pram into it.

The sooner I trade these things in the better!

EDIT: and tomorrow I go to visit my cousins who are babysitting the Alfa, I never thought I'd say I have too many cars :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Joey wrote:Thanks guys just got home from hospital and going straight to sleep. Not been to bed since Sat night, it's amazing what your body can do when it's needed!

We called him Dylan Joseph.
Heartiest congrats to you both but I still expect Mrs J to be out with us in Blackpool.. ;)
[quote="The Angry Jock]

EDIT: and tomorrow I go to visit my cousins who are babysitting the Alfa, I never thought I'd say I have too many cars :lol:[/quote]

Don't get rid of the Alfa.. ever.. :0)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh, the phone lines working again after 3 days of it being down with no Internet and what not.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Another Sunday of DIY for me... Sawed the old front door in half, because missus wants to keep the stained glass out of it, fitted a new towel rail in the bath room, put up a hook in the bedroom and finally tried to replace the plastic air vent in the bath room, but soon realized my drill is too crap at going through brick so I will need to keep that on hold...but when I removed the grate, I saw a massive graveyard for giant spiders, some huge buggers died in there :|

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:27 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Another Sunday of DIY for me... Sawed the old front door in half, because missus wants to keep the stained glass out of it, fitted a new towel rail in the bath room, put up a hook in the bedroom and finally tried to replace the plastic air vent in the bath room, but soon realized my drill is too crap at going through brick so I will need to keep that on hold...but when I removed the grate, I saw a massive graveyard for giant spiders, some huge buggers died in there :|
well don't put your arm in there incase you find the bugger that killed them! :?
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:48 am

Just got back from a softball double-header for our work team. First game was pretty crazy - we were down 0-15 going into the last and scored 14 runs in that. By the end of the game we had a couple of runners on and our last at bat was unlucky to get fielded.

Second game was a bit of a blowout as we were getting pretty tired by that stage, final score was close to 10-20 or so.

I think my tally for the night ended up with 3 hits, 2/3 RBIs and a couple of runs.

It's funny because nobody expects a Brit to be playing softball, so I get a lot of banter going on from both my team and the opposition. :)

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 am

Today I've decided when my mobile phone contract runs out I'm going to get myself a Nokia 3330.

Found them manufacturer refurbished on e-bay for £30. I think the 3330 is a bit of a design classic and they can take a lot of punishment and neglect. Can't wait to monkey with the shrill, beepy ring tone composer.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:58 am

looks like my sort of phone. No f'king internet. No games. Talk. Text. That is it.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:03 pm

jdanddiet wrote:looks like my sort of phone. No f'king internet. No games. Talk. Text. That is it.
That's why I'm getting it. I don't want to succumb to the smart phone obsession, it's getting a bit weird at work, people are permanently glued to them. Used to be just the iPhone bores, now (nearly) everyone's got a smart phone. Sick of trying to speak to people who keep glancing at their phone every 3 seconds. It's quite unnerving when you walk into an office and 10 people are all hunched over their phones, poking away at the screen in a catatonic trance.
Last edited by The Mask Seller on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."