Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

jdanddiet

Re: Today

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:06 pm

mohicankid wrote:today, inc last night, i've been a little silly! it was my mates sons christening yesterday, so i went out on the P!ss...and ended up sleeping until 9am this morning....problem with that is i was supposed to stay up all night and sleep today as i'm working tonight! as it happens i've been up all day updating my website ( http://mohicankid.co.uk ;) ) so tonights gonna be a struggle!
Done!

http://jdanddiet.blogspot.com/2011/08/m ... y-dip.html
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 pm

That reminds me.
I still haven't added anything extra to the Computer clubs mini site.
Must look into doing a Wordpress blog for it

Today I got bugger all done.
Well a load of washing.
Motivation is going it seems

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Today... i decided to have a nice healthy dinner of grilled chicken, salad and a jacket spud with cheese! yummy....that was of course until i cut my mouth whilst eating the salad, on closer inspection i found no fewer than 6 pieces of sharp clear plastic in my morrisons pre-packed salad! will be marching straight down morrisons tomorrow!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Today I got a sponsorship to get my SIA badge and am getting a job out of it when it arrives.
So in a month or two im going to be employed (I hope)

Thats a point id better start getting fighting fit

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm

DPrinny wrote:Today I got a sponsorship to get my SIA badge and am getting a job out of it when it arrives.

well done and good luck! :)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:47 am

DPrinny wrote:Today I got a sponsorship to get my SIA badge and am getting a job out of it when it arrives.
Congratulations on the sponsorship and good luck with the job, I know you've been chasing this for some time.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:59 am

Yep well done DPrinny, hope it works out for you.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 am

fingers crossed for ya Mike D!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 am

Yep, good luck Dprinny. Hope you get your SIA badge.
mohicankid wrote:Today... i decided to have a nice healthy dinner of grilled chicken, salad and a jacket spud with cheese! yummy....that was of course until i cut my mouth whilst eating the salad, on closer inspection i found no fewer than 6 pieces of sharp clear plastic in my morrisons pre-packed salad! will be marching straight down morrisons tomorrow!
Hmmm, healthy? Well if you left out the cheese on the spud, then maybe. Go down Morrisons and kick up a fuss about the broken plastic though! That is very bad.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 am

I aint got the badge yet.
It takes a few weeks for it to come threw then I R DOORMAN!

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:36 am

DPrinny wrote:I aint got the badge yet.

Good on ya, I did a bit of door work when I was 19 (up to 22), it seems really easy but you don't realise how stupid people are until they have a few drinks down them. I used to love the job, met my wife while working on the doors (and had 11 glorious....long....very long......years together lol). Had a few run in's with people, one glass thrown at me, 2 knifes pulled and a screwdriver! Never been hurt, always worked with a good bunch of lads who worked on the basis 'one in , all in' and it always seemed to do the job.

The company I used to work for went bust for fiddling the books so lost the job and by then you had to be SIA resisted so never got back into it. Im 30 now and I reckon I would do it again, but the wife always ums an ahs about it, she can remember what the bad times were like and unfortunately people are too quick to act before thinking now and she dosnt fancy coming to identify my body! Can I recommend asking to see if your employer will cover or meet some of the costs of a good stab vest, it may seem extreme but its an extra level of security that I personally feel is required for door work. I have friends still in the business and they never work without one on, one was stabbed a year ago, blade managed to work itself into the cavity filler and nicked him in the chest. Walked away with a half inch scar, he dreads to think would have happened if he hadn't had the vest on!

But no more scare stories, be relaxed around people and you get the same back and believe me, nob-heads stand out a mile so they should be easy to control and above all...enjoy it.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Today, I was sitting minding my own business using the PC in the Study, Mrs Trucker™ and the girls have gone shopping and I heard one of the taps in the main bathroom start running?. Thought maybe it was a dodgy washer or a change in water pressure but on investigation the tap has turned fully on apparently all by itself. Turned it back off, and no drips or leaks.

Which was weird.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:01 pm

tekaotaku wrote:
DPrinny wrote:I aint got the badge yet.

Good on ya, I did a bit of door work when I was 19 (up to 22), it seems really easy but you don't realise how stupid people are until they have a few drinks down them. I used to love the job, met my wife while working on the doors (and had 11 glorious....long....very long......years together lol). Had a few run in's with people, one glass thrown at me, 2 knifes pulled and a screwdriver! Never been hurt, always worked with a good bunch of lads who worked on the basis 'one in , all in' and it always seemed to do the job.
All ready done the work and with nearly five years in retail in a dodgy area, event work and already done the door once at The Lass (My sponsor) I aint exactly lacking xp in the work.
I have defused more fights than ive been in

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Katzkatz wrote: Hmmm, healthy? Well if you left out the cheese on the spud, then maybe. Go down Morrisons and kick up a fuss about the broken plastic though! That is very bad.
cheese is perfectly healthy! your confusing healthy with low fat! common mistake! :)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:34 pm

^Lemmy lives on Cheese and whiskey and hes still alive. (all these other so called celebs that die young are amateurs)