Today

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tekaotaku

Re: Today

Post by tekaotaku » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 am

psj3809 wrote:Didnt think Max and Paddy were too bad at all.

I must admit i'm loving that Come Fly with me, many laugh out loud moments on that. Funny as anything last night with the guy working at the burger place being super slow taking that order.
Yea I wasnt impressed with the first episdoe but the one I caught last night was great, alot like little britian, couldnt stand it at first but its growing on me. Watched the return of Lee Macks NOT GOING OUT last night, its not as good, but had its moments, alot of stage standup inspired jokes and dont listen you'll miss the one liners but was entertaining enough
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:17 am

Making good on new years Resolution to reduce pointless spending...Cancelled my subscription to Empire Magazine. 8 mins on hold...2 mins on phone to operator..Job Done.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:44 am

tekaotaku wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Didnt think Max and Paddy were too bad at all.

I must admit i'm loving that Come Fly with me, many laugh out loud moments on that. Funny as anything last night with the guy working at the burger place being super slow taking that order.
Yea I wasnt impressed with the first episdoe but the one I caught last night was great, alot like little britian, couldnt stand it at first but its growing on me.
The bit with the customs officers dancing to drum and bass was hilarious (great tune as well, "Turbulence" from "Origin Unknown Present Sound In Motion", 1998 or summat).

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah i laughed out loud at that. Always used to think i'm sure some customs officers have a quick snort !

Its quite good all the different characters, been very funny so far.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Today I discovered that a load of backup music CD's I made last year no longer work properly. They don't play properly on my laptop anymore and are generally corrupted. Just goes to show that I shouldn't have used cheap supermarket blank CD's for writing to :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:16 pm

While in the bath with my little girl (shes two), she cocked her leg up to wash her little feet and managed to let off a smelly fart at the same time.

Cheers for that.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Megamixer wrote:Today I discovered that a load of backup music CD's I made last year no longer work properly. They don't play properly on my laptop anymore and are generally corrupted. Just goes to show that I shouldn't have used cheap supermarket blank CD's for writing to :(
Can't be as bad as the old Woolies DVD-Rs, a very high attrition rate I experienced with those. Lesson learnt.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Today I discovered that a load of backup music CD's I made last year no longer work properly. They don't play properly on my laptop anymore and are generally corrupted. Just goes to show that I shouldn't have used cheap supermarket blank CD's for writing to :(
Can't be as bad as the old Woolies DVD-Rs, a very high attrition rate I experienced with those. Lesson learnt.
I'm gonna bin them anyway and get something better for when I re-burn them. You get what you pay for as they say.

And yes, I remember hearing stories of people's Woolies DVD-R's kicking the bucket.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Check another cd player first before bin them,could be your lappy laser either.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Yeah, 80% corrupted within a month with me. No laughing matter. And Fred, we're going on about the discs, not the players if that helps. Although my DVD recorder has myriad problems of its own - that's why I still have a VCR hooked up to a new HD ready TV! Bit of a juxtaposition but it works OK!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Fred83 wrote:Check another cd player first before bin them,could be your lappy laser either.
It was on a CD player that I first noticed the damage so it's definitely not my laptop (thankfully). I wonder though, is it possible that the CD drive on the computer I used for the writing didn't burn them properly? I've had issues with that bugger when playing stuff direct from a CD and it came out all stuttery and garbled though I always assumed that was the out-of-date audio drivers.

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Megamixer wrote:is it possible that the CD drive on the computer I used for the writing didn't burn them properly? I've had issues with that bugger when playing stuff direct from a CD and it came out all stuttery and garbled though I always assumed that was the out-of-date audio drivers.
Depends on your cd software,instance always best to choose verify option when burning,least then it can highlight any errors,sometimes from my own experience the stuttery can be from lack of HD defragmentation/or something running in the background.

And your cd player lens could be dusted or on the way out or wasnt originally designed to read cd-rs or the dye cd upsets the player.*always possible things like this!.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Fred83 wrote:
Megamixer wrote:is it possible that the CD drive on the computer I used for the writing didn't burn them properly? I've had issues with that bugger when playing stuff direct from a CD and it came out all stuttery and garbled though I always assumed that was the out-of-date audio drivers.
Depends on your cd software,instance always best to choose verify option when burning,least then it can highlight any errors,sometimes from my own experience the stuttery can be from lack of HD defragmentation.

And your cd player lens could be dusted or on the way out or wasnt originally designed to read cd-rs or the dye cd upsets the player.*always possible things like this!.
Well when a CD player and my pefectly sound laptop both fail to read the discs, I just think the common denominator is the crappy Morrisons CD-R's :lol: . I'll try something better and see what happens. Convinced it's just payback for being a cheapo!

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Megamixer wrote: I just think the common denominator is the crappy Morrisons CD-R's
lidl/aldi cds ftw!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Today...the hard drive on my laptop crashed while I was in the middle of downloading Series 5 episodes of Dexter :evil:

So I'm having to post from my PS3 (without the aid of a USB keyboard :( ) until it's sorted. Great start to the year already :cry:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!